Corrective relaxer using lye on no lye hair

sithembile

I recently had yet another relaxer which has left my hair underprocessed in certain parts, this was using Affirm no-lye. I've decided to switch back to lye relaxers, but I need to correct the underprocessed hair. Would it be dangerous to do it with a lye relaxer?

DahomeyAhosi

In my experience mixing lye and no lye hasn't caused any problems for a corrective but affirm is a strong relaxer so be careful with the strength/timing so that you don't overprocess. Good luck.

I just went to the hairdresser last week to get a lye relaxer after using a no-lye for about 8 months or so. He overlapped on some (not all) of the previous no-lye to correct the frizziness. My hair looks great right now, but I'll have to see once I wash my hair and maybe few months down the road

HoneyDew

I think I am going to do this. I was reading about it is Shamboosie's book. I am so scared, but I think I need to switch to LYE. My hair has been getting worse since I started using No-Lye.

RubyWoo

Bump..

Does anyone know if you're supposed to still put conditioner on the under processed area in addition to the previously relaxed no-lye hair when doing a corrective?

jade998

Bump bump and more bumping

I am interested.

I am thinking of using silk elements/ORS lye to do a corrective over my ORS no Lye texlaxed hair.

Can You do this, Want to change to silk elements/ORS lye... Not sure

Wish I had taken the plug and just used lye.. My hair isn't giving me any joy.