Colour Treatments Advice

Growingitlong

I know there are quite a few colour experts on this board. I am hoping for some colour guidance. Relaxers have turned my hair a reddish/brown and I would like to get my black hair back. I am thinking of a rinse since I have been hearing many scary stories about colouring. So would you help me chose semi permanent or rinse. I would not want to do a permanent colour treatment. I have never done a colour treatment before so your advice is greatly appreciated. pros, cons, brands, etc? Thanks

Tracy

Adore --> Darkest Brown or Silken Black (I think that's the name of the black shade).
Sebastian --> CoffeeBean

If you want it to last a little longer --> Natural Instincts - Expresso.

DigitalRain

I love Clairol Beautiful Collection SemiPermanent Color. Its messy but my hair always come out shiny and conditioned with color.

Growingitlong

Thanks ladies,

Tracy, I don't think I have come across the Natural Instinct Expresso yet. But the Adore, yes. About how long will the colour last?

DigitalRain, what do you exactly mean wehn you say mess?

DigitalRain

The color tends to get everywhere, if you are not careful.

DigitalRain

While applying it. Its kind a dark gel like consistency, and it can stain anything it touches. Its best to wear an old tshirt and use old towels when applying it. You don't want to stain your nice clothing and towels with it.

asummertyme

i did a cinnamon colur shine rinse from sebastion.....messy...but it came to be a nice color.....im tired of it though.....

Growingitlong

Thans Summertyme,

So far, its's Adore, Sebastian Colour Shines, Clairol Beautiful Collection, himmm

I know I may sound dumb but is a rinse the same as semi permanent?

DigitalRain

Its the same at least in some cases I think. Clairol is what I would call a rinse, since it doesnt lift any color from the hair, just deposits. Natural Instinct has low peroxide and last longer ( I think 24 shampoos?)and it more noticeable than the clairol. I haven't tried the Sebastian colorshines but I would love to try them.