Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic&Powders Challenge 2014

I pre-poo today with Amla, Hibiscus,Fenugreek , Maka Powder and I also mix it with onion and garlic juice mix with some herbal essence conditioner for moisture.

Just finished putting my henna on dirty unwashed hair. I mixed my hibiscus tea mix with henna and added Aussie moist conditioner with some avocado oil. I will rinse in the morning
This is my first henna treatment on relaxed hair.

Last edited:
Tea rinse today (catnip,black tea,horsetail,fennel,hibiscus,rose hip,saw palmetto,) SSI ACV rinse too.

Taking my tea's and fenugreek paste out of the freezer for today's DC and wash.

Last edited:
today was henna sunday. warmed up some leftover tea rinse and added honey after dye release. ,Washed out, using ssi avocado as the dc and will final rinse with a catnip/burdock mix.
OT, I spent a portion of the day making some oil infusions. The easiest one to prepare was a peppermint -coconut oil prepoo. The other two are rosemary-sage infused coconut oil, and a nettle infused coconut oil. The latter will take a couple days to complete as I am infusing several times to get the "strength" in the oil I think will be the most productive.

I spritzed with Fenugreek today. I haven't figured out if the horsetail or burdock root caused me to break out. I have little bumps on the sides of my face where it dripped down.:nono:

Has anyone here experienced a cleansing effect when using green tea or aloe?

Does anyone believe that these may make good cleansers?

Babygrowth I :love: Marshmallow Root

DoDo I didn't pay any attention to the Cleansing Properties of Green Tea.

If it 'cleansed' I was unaware.

I was using it to stimulate Growth.

Seems like both Aloe and Green could be used that way.

I did a comparison of diluted acv against diluted marshmallow balm. Added sage to both. Rinsed my hair with them and let them sit for 15 minutes and then air dried. Can't say my hair loves either but it didn't hate them which is good. Will try the same experiment on dry or damp hair in the future.

Spritzing with catnip again this week. Not noticing anything fabulous about it :ohwell: But will use it up. I think when I finish using my teas, I will replace teas with their equivalent eos when they go on sale.

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];19922881]faithVA

How will you use these?

Last night I mixed added EOs to a dilluted AVG and used it in place of a tea rinse. I will probably do it the same way. So it will replace a tea rinse or conditioning depending on what EOs I am using.

Hey Ladies!:wave:

So, what had happened was :look: that even though I was a part of this challenge I had been neglecting my hair so badly during the winter. I mean real neglect...if my hair was a child it would have been taken from me.:nono: So my last wash I go to detangle and I lost a handful of hair. I feel the edges and nape and front....thinning like crazy. It looks full when it is out and bushy but if I were to flat iron it, it would be much more noticeable.

With that being said, I'm back in the saddle! I will be starting with AVJ with a small amount of hemp seed oil plus rosemary, lemongrass and sage EO's added to it. I want to experiment with the teas again. In the past I found that coffee made my hair very strange...black tea was ok but made it a little brittle. I don't think I've tried green tea so I'll start with that and update.

I've been using the AVJ mix for only 2 days now and with today cowash I got a lot of hair out (not quite as much but more than I would like). Hopefully I'll have some good news soon.

Back