coconut milk

soslychic

Where can I find coconut milk? I was under the impression that I could buy a coconut milk in a little condensed or evaporated milk like container. Is that true? I don't even remember where I read that. If not, what kind of a bottle/container? Do most of you all let it sit in the fridge until the cream forms on top or just use it plain w or w/o lime?

Chipmunk

You should be able to find coconut milk at any supermarket. They may have it in the "ethnic section" if your store has one. It does come in a can like condensed milk.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I got the Thai Kitchen brand from the "Mexican/Asian" aisle at Super Wal Mart. I used it before I shampooed. Plain--no lime. It softened my hair up pretty good...

soslychic

Thank you. Thank you chipmunk and sassygirl. sassygirl, how long did you leave it on and did you use the cream at the top of just the milk?

melodee

Sassy, you are making me hungry!
I think Goya has a brand of coconut milk too. I'm going to get some to mix with honey and bathe in.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I tried the Goya from Kroger, too!
The results were the same. It was more expensive, though...

@ soslychic:
I left it in for about one hour. No more than two hours. I massaged the cream on top into my hair and then poured on a little of the liquid. I wrapped some of that cotton beauty coil stuff around my hairline to control the dripping milk and let it dry on my head w/o a plastic cap.

It was a pretty good pre-shampoo softener. I was afraid to add lime juice, so my hair didn't get straight. I have three cans of milk left. I'll probably do it again when I have time.