Question about coconut milk, lime & henna

zzirvingj

Am I supposed to mix the coconut milk and lime into my henna??

Or do I do the coconut/lime treatment, rinse, and THEN henna?

JustKiya

Mix the henna with water to make a reallllly thick paste, let the color release. While you are waiting on that, mix the coconut milk and lime (some people suggest mixing it and letting it sit overnight to thicken some). Right before you apply the henna to your hair, add the coconut & lime to the henna. :yep:

Good luck!

zzirvingj

Mix the henna with water to make a reallllly thick paste, let the color release. While you are waiting on that, mix the coconut milk and lime (some people suggest mixing it and letting it sit overnight to thicken some). Right before you apply the henna to your hair, add the coconut & lime to the henna. :yep:

Good luck!

THANKS JustKiya! You are a lifesaver when it comes to this henna stuff! I feel so lost, lol....

Ok, so it looks like I'm on the right track then. Last night before going to bed I mixed the henna and made it into a really thick paste. I added a lil bit of ACV to the mix (instructions on the Mehandi website said to do this).

In a separate container to mixed the coconut milk and lime together. So tonight I'll mix them all together before applying to my hair.

I should be okay although ACV is in the henna mix right?

JustKiya

Yup, that should be fine. Might make your hair a littttle drier than usual, since that's adding extra acidity to the mix, so be prepared to do a good, deep, moisturizing DC afterwards. :yep: