Coconut Cream in a Can

aloof one

I kid you not, I found it in a can at HEB! Isn't coconut cream the stuff we scrape off of canned coconut milk after sitting in the fridge overnight? If so, you think I just found something that could possibly speed things up? Its ingredients are 70% coconut milk and the rest is water and preservatives. Basically more coconut and less water than Coconut Milk. I think Im going back to stock up!!!

Its SAVOY Coconut cream in a navy blue can.

adw425

It is usually in the grocery stores either with the coconut milk in the Asian, Hispanic or West Indian foods sections or the mixed drink section with the margarita and pina colada mixes. It is wonderful to add to your bath water and since I always dunk my head in my bath water anyway, it does great things to/for my skin and hair. I also use it to give my foster doggies that have mange or mange-like infections a bath. All the other volunteers go the drugs/steroids route and I cure my pups in not time with coconut cream baths. I used to use coconut milk, but the coconut cream heals them much faster.

aloof one

It is usually in the grocery stores either with the coconut milk in the Asian, Hispanic or West Indian foods sections or the mixed drink section with the margarita and pina colada mixes. It is wonderful to add to your bath water and since I always dunk my head in my bath water anyway, it does great things to/for my skin and hair. I also use it to give my foster doggies that have mange or mange-like infections a bath. All the other volunteers go the drugs/steroids route and I cure my pups in not time with coconut cream baths. I used to use coconut milk, but the coconut cream heals them much faster.

wow,lol i just had a funny thought of the doggies drinking the coconut creme! :lachen: i bet it makes their fur soft too
I had no idea coconut creme was good for your skin, I wish my dorm showers had bath tubs, cause i would def try it!

adw425

My foster doggie, Gallagher, did try to drink some of the bath water when I gave him a coconut cream bath Tuesday night. I had to stop him...

Ariana4000

Can I buy this coconut cream or coconut milk at Safeway or Giant or do I need to go to the Asian Grocery store?

chayil0427

mmmmmm cream...sounds yummy...how do you use this on your hair? as a conditioner or leave in?

Chayil

Last edited:

aloof one

You can get get it at grocery stores now, I believe. I found it at HEB next to the coconut milk and grabbed it like it would disappear.

You can use it like a conditioner and it should make combing easier afterward and maybe loosen your texture if youre stretching or transitioning or having issues with being tangled etc.

You mix it with one or two key limes. I like to add honey, castor oil, evoo, almond oil, and some cheapie conditioner (to combat the smell as well as to soften my hair) to the mix. This time Im adding Coconut oil to try it out. Pretty much whatever you like to use you can toss a little in, but make sure theres more coconut than all that other stuff.

After you mix it well (I use a blender) you can sit it in the fridge to get thicker, but Im thinking with coconut creme you wont have to as long as you would with the milk. Maybe a couple of hours. Typically I just use it how it is without the fridge. You apply all over your scalp and hair and NG, an applicator brush helps. Massage in. Then use a plastic cap. A Wal-Mart grocery bag helps if you don't have a cap on hand. Also, it might drip so a towel over that or on your shoulders is a good idea.

Wait a few hours (I would never do this overnight and mess up my pillows) or an hour or however you usually like to really DC... then rinse out thoroughly with warm water, clarify or shampoo good, then proceed to condition and style as you awnt.

Last edited:

sareca

I kid you not, I found it in a can at HEB! Isn't coconut cream the stuff we scrape off of canned coconut milk after sitting in the fridge overnight? If so, you think I just found something that could possibly speed things up? Its ingredients are 70% coconut milk and the rest is water and preservatives. Basically more coconut and less water than Coconut Milk. I think Im going back to stock up!!!

Its SAVOY Coconut cream in a navy blue can.

Awesome. I'll definitely pick up some of next time I'm at HEB.

adw425

This past week, I used my can of coconut cream on my foster doggie with a chronic skin condition, which cleared it right up. However, I mixed coconut milk, coconut oil, yogurt, honey, aloe vera and whey protein powder in with White Rain tropical coconut and Suave milk and honey conditioners into the most luscious, creamy conditioner ever whipped up. My curl pattern is looser, but not gone and my hair stayed incredibly moisturized and just nice-feeling all week. Coconut milk is such a great detangler. I encourage folks to try soaking their hair in coconut milk first when experiencing severe tangling and matting before cutting. It is just a super detangler and leaves hair so soft and just nice. The coconut cream contains much more coconut oil in it than the milk.