Co-Washing gone wrong???

SweetAKA

Well ladies, I finally did my first co-wash this past week. I usually do a regular wash once a week, but decided to do a co-wash instead. Well, I used the Suave Milk & Honey conditioner, mixed with Nexus Humectress conditioner.

Now, before I even did my co-wash I didnt have any dandruff and my hair wasnt all that dry. After I did the co-wash I let my hair air dry overnight. When I woke up in the morning I noticed little flakes at the top of my hair. My hair was extremely soft, which was good, but the flakes were not expected.

I have used the Suave previously (have been using it for the past 3-4 weeks), and didnt have a problem. I'm just trying to figure out if maybe I used the wrong mixture or what?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I should use? I really do like co-washing, since it has made my hair soft, but the flakes got to go.

cocowhite

I'm only guessing, but it could be that maybe it wasn't completely washed out, so that when you airdried the flakes were the results. IMO. :)
Only because I always mix different conditioners to help me get rid of products.

Last edited:

SweetAKA

cocowhite said:
I'm only guessing, but it could be that maybe it wasn't completely washed out, so that when you airdried the flakes were the results. IMO. :)
Only because I always mix different conditioners to help me get rid of products.

That's what I thought also, but I made sure to stay under the water long enough so that it wouldnt happen. But maybe I need to stay longer.

Thanks

cocowhite

Was it just in the front or all over?
Also afterwards what other products, if any did you put on your hair after co-washing. I have had some white flakes mixing two different leave in conditioners or it was more like chalky texture.

dlewis

I would clarify with a vingar rinse, it sound like the conditioner was not rinse out completely.