Co-Washing and DCing

Adaj

Does it matter what type of conditioner I use to co-wash? Tonight will be my first co-wash, and pretty excited. Do I co-wash once or twice? Also, do I deep condition my hair after co-washing? pls help, thx.

cookie1

Most of us use the cheap conditioners to cowash with. Ones like Herbal Essence, Suave etc. DCing after a cowash is good also. Seems like you're on the right track. Pretty hair.

deusa80

I'm sure a lot of other ladies can chime in, but this is just an example of what I do.

I use the cheapie conditioners like V05 or suave to co-wash my hair, but I have tried it with some other's. And I always DC my hair...I usually DC on dry hair then co-wash but of course you can do it the other way around.

When I co-wash I usually do it twice...wash rinse, then wash rinse... If I'm using protein (like 2 min aphogee) then I'd co-wash first, use the protein, then DC.
Let us know how it turns out!

HTH

butter_pecan

I co-washed my hair last night twice. I just used some Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner (it's .97 and works ok) mixed with Tea Tree Oil. Then I conditioned with Shea Butter and Miss Key 10 en 1. After rinsing, I applied a little bit of the Suave as a leave in.

Personally, I don't think you need to DC every time you co-wash, but I think you should do it 1-2 times a week. It makes your hair softer and more manageable, to me.

lilsparkle825

I don't know whether you are relaxed or natural, because I think we do it differently. I'll list what I do because I am bad at directly answering questions.

CW conditioners I like: HE Hello Hydration, HE Long Term Relationship, Organix Vanilla Silk or Coconut Milk, Aussie Moist, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, VO5 Strawberries and Creme, Suave Tropical Coconut

DCs: Aussie Moist, GVP Conditioning Balm, Kenra MC, Megatek or Aphogee 2 minute thrown into one of the first three

To cowash: load conditioner in hair and finish my shower...washing, shaving, exfoliating, etc. By the time I have finished this my hair is properly saturated with the conditioner. Then I finger comb, or pull out my shower comb and/or Denman if it is detangling day, and run that through my hair *gently*. Then I rinse it all out, dry with a t-shirt, and add my leave-in and seal.

When I DC, I throw whatever I feel like using (conditioner(s), honey, jojoba/grapeseed/olive oil) in a container, mix it up, and slather it on in small sections. Then I sit under the dryer for about 30-45 minutes.

I don't DC after I cowash because I cowash so frequently (maybe 3-4 times a week). I only DC on Sundays, which is my normal wash day, before I do an ACV rinse.

Adaj

I don't know whether you are relaxed or natural, because I think we do it differently. I'll list what I do because I am bad at directly answering questions.

CW conditioners I like: HE Hello Hydration, HE Long Term Relationship, Organix Vanilla Silk or Coconut Milk, Aussie Moist, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, VO5 Strawberries and Creme, Suave Tropical Coconut

DCs: Aussie Moist, GVP Conditioning Balm, Kenra MC, Megatek or Aphogee 2 minute thrown into one of the first three

To cowash: load conditioner in hair and finish my shower...washing, shaving, exfoliating, etc. By the time I have finished this my hair is properly saturated with the conditioner. Then I finger comb, or pull out my shower comb and/or Denman if it is detangling day, and run that through my hair *gently*. Then I rinse it all out, dry with a t-shirt, and add my leave-in and seal.

When I DC, I throw whatever I feel like using (conditioner(s), honey, jojoba/grapeseed/olive oil) in a container, mix it up, and slather it on in small sections. Then I sit under the dryer for about 30-45 minutes.

I don't DC after I cowash because I cowash so frequently (maybe 3-4 times a week). I only DC on Sundays, which is my normal wash day, before I do an ACV rinse.

I am relaxed. Also can I use a conditioner that is clearly labeled as a deep conditioner for co-washing?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I don't dc after co washing. All I do is get in the shower, get hair nice and wet, slap on conditioner,finish with shower, rinse conditioner out. The end :lol:

I've only used cheapies like V05, Suave and HE to co wash. Since you use so much conditioner to co wash frequently, it just makes more since to use cheap stuff. They're also lighter, so they don't weigh down your hair like a thick dc conditioner would