Clean-Shaving your head. Is this true?

Have you heard of or used this method?

• Yes, I've done it to myself or a loved one and it worked.

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Yes, I've heard of it working successfully.

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • I have heard of it, but I don't believe it.

Votes: 85 53.1%
  • No, I haven't heard of it.

Votes: 54 33.8%

• Total voters

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
AFAIK, no vitamin supplements will change the texture of your hair. That's genetically programmed.

I read about some ladies on the board who used MSM on their scalps and it made their new growth come in a little looser. Many of them said that it helped them stretch, because the new growth was getting along better with the relaxed hair.

BlackHairDiva

I heard something somewhere on the radio yesterday talking about hair and health myths. One of them was if you shave your head, then your hair will come back in "prettier" with a different hair texture. I've heard of mother's shaving their child's hair if it isn't growing well and that they have had success. Has anyone ever heard this or done this themselves? If so, did you see a positive change?

Do you think there could be any science to support this?

Not true because a lot of brothers out there would have silky straight hair by now!:lachen:

almond eyes

They do this in Nigeria with Yoruba children who have locs (dada). When the children get to be about 7 years of age they do a ceremony and shave off the hair and cut the locs completely. And with all my cousins who have passed through this ritual I can say no hair texture does not change if it is shaven.

Best,
Almond Eyes

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My Indian coworker says that in her culture they shave off the hair so that it will grow in thicker

--when they are children