Christians & Friendships

Ramya

I've been noticing that a lot of Christians are having a hard time maintaining friendships with one another AND with others outside of the body of Christ. Our relationships with people should be the STANDARD. We should not be having problems relating to one another.

If we truly have the mind of Christ and are exhibiting the fruit of the spirit, relating to others should be the least of our problems. The love of God should show through.

1 Corinthians 3:3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Nowhere does this say that they will know you by the 'history' of Christianity nor by your ability to speak Christianese. Guys we really have to do better. :nono: No matter where we go, people should be drawn to us not turned away.

What are some things that you are doing to establish and maintain your relationships. (husbands, SO, friends, coworkers, classmates ect.)

sunnysmyler

Well.....first off, I walk the walk, not just talk the talk.
There's an ongoing joke here at work, that I'm a "black blonde", lol, I even joke about myself, that being said, ppl say that because I'm always positive, and optimistic. I find that when you are not acting like a "witch", being sometimey and have a bad attitude, you are considered "too happy", and that's just not normal, by the worlds standard. The funny thing, they all request me to work with them.lol
I don't have a problem getting along with other christians, cause I see them as "human", yes, I hold them and myself to a standard of righteousness, I realize that no one is perfect, and we all fall short. I use the mantra "if I don't have something positive to say, I will say nothing" and I am quick to ask "did what I just say offend you, if so I'm sorry".
I try to be the type of friend I'd want from someone!!!

Ms.Honey

Everyone is not going to get along or like each other, that's impossible. That's why Paul says in Rom 12:18 "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." in other words do the best you can.

Pretending to be nice and walking in the spirit or "speaking the truth in love" when you really have aught in your heart towards the other party is not walking in the fruit of the spirit either. Your speech and actions betray you.

What we can do is be civil after the situation and not provoke others to anger stirring the pot again and hiding behind pretense of wondering why folks can't walk in the fruit of the spirit. We need to focus on the beam in our own eyes before worrying about the splinter in anothers.

We know exactly what we're doing and saying WHEN we are doing it no matter how many flattering words or "encouraging and supporting" our sister lines we add to our speech. We need to take the walk in the fruits first before worrying about anothers.

That is an even more excellent way to show we are one. Not being phony pretending to always speak the truth in love but admitting that we don't all like each other but can love each other in our responses one to another.

Ramya

Everyone is not going to get along or like each other, that's impossible. That's why Paul says in Rom 12:18 "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." in other words do the best you can.

Pretending to be nice and walking in the spirit or "speaking the truth in love" when you really have aught in your heart towards the other party is not walking in the fruit of the spirit either. Your speech and actions betray you.

What we can do is be civil after the situation and not provoke others to anger stirring the pot again and hiding behind pretense of wondering why folks can't walk in the fruit of the spirit. We need to focus on the beam in our own eyes before worrying about the splinter in anothers.

We know exactly what we're doing and saying WHEN we are doing it no matter how many flattering words or "encouraging and supporting" our sister lines we add to our speech. We need to take the walk in the fruits first before worrying about anothers.

That is an even more excellent way to show we are one. Not being phony pretending to always speak the truth in love but admitting that we don't all like each other but can love each other in our responses one to another.

Ms. Honey I agree with you. No we shouldn't fake it. The love of God should radiate through us naturally. Where we fall short, we are supposed to let the Holy Spirit step in. I agree that the undertones of the messages as of late have been "nice nasty" and very provoking.

We can disagree without taking things to the level that they have been. Everybody has room to grow and learn from others. My whole thing is God's love is not reciprocal. He loved us before we were saved and even when we did the exact opposite of what He told us to. We have to love people DESPITE what the other person is doing. These subliminal messages are NOT coming from a place of love.

It's easy to come from a place of love when a person is agreeing with you but when someone is working your nerves, well.... There's a way to say everything.

The reason I started this thread is because I see this on the board and also in real life. We have got to stop putting conditions on love. Christians really shouldn't have as much difficulty relating to people as I have observed.

Ms.Honey

Ms. Honey I agree with you. No we shouldn't fake it. The love of God should radiate through us naturally. Where we fall short, we are supposed to let the Holy Spirit step in. I agree that the undertones of the messages as of late have been "nice nasty" and very provoking.

We can disagree without taking things to the level that they have been. Everybody has room to grow and learn from others. My whole thing is God's love is not reciprocal. He loved us before we were saved and even when we did the exact opposite of what He told us to. We have to love people DESPITE what the other person is doing. These subliminal messages are NOT coming from a place of love.

It's easy to come from a place of love when a person is agreeing with you but when someone is working your nerves, well.... There's a way to say everything.

The reason I started this thread is because I see this on the board and also in real life. We have got to stop putting conditions on love. Christians really shouldn't have as much difficulty relating to people as I have observed.

Very true but I haven't noticed anyone putting conditions on love in that sense on either side. If a situation arose I believe that MOST not all but MOST of us who participated in those threads could pray for one another with sincerity of heart, fervently without holding aught in our heart as if the disagreement never happened and casting the differences aside.

What I have seen though is that we tend to love someones boldness of speech and uncompromising talk when it's in line with what WE believe, applied to someone WE feel needs to hear it that way and choices that WE would or wouldn't make BUT when that very SAME person's boldness of speech and uncompromising talk is AGAINST what WE believe we accuse that person of being arrogant, thinking they're Jesus, brow beating and being a false accuser of the brethren:ohwell:. If it's fine for others to receive, why is it totally different for you if you don't like what someone has to say because it's against what YOU want to do? Where was the concern about brow beating then? Where was need to expose the arrogance then. Where was the, respond once or be friendly posts then? NOW all of a sudden you see a problem that needs to be expressed because........? That is the ULTIMATE in hypocrisy. When the world calls us hypocrits, they aren't always lying and we as a body need to work on that perception of us.

We tend to think of Christian love as an emotion when it's not but it's our actions and response one towards another. When we mistakingly believe that it's emotional then we will force ourselves to try to show affection towards someone we don't like. It can't be maintained because it's NOT the TRUTH and we will eventually expose our true hearts not the fake one we show the world and our brethren. If we don't like someone, then we don't like them but we CAN be civil as much as possible.

The power of Christian love is that while we were His enemies Jesus died for us on the cross. Before salvation we mistreated the Lord not wanting anything to do with Him, dishonoring our own selves and others, the works of HIS hands. There was no fellowship, no communion, no philia emotions from us towards Him. What He did and continues to do was decide not to destroy us when it was in His power to do so (fruit if the spirit, temperance) but to speak the truth to us encouraging when necessary and in His righteous indignation when necessary because we need both. Encouragement when we need to be called on our mess is NOT love and righteous indignation when we need restoration is NOT love either. Knowing the proper action in the situation and acting accordingly is truly walking in the spirit. That's the love of Christ and the example we must follow.
When we cover our hands and say, "No that's not what I was doing, I am not guilty of it", it's a lie and dishonorable.

discobiscuits

I've not noticed this trend in Christiandom. I guess I need to think on it because I've never had problems maintaining friendships. Perhaps people use friend to loosely and when a "friendship" goes bust they wonder why. I have associates, friends, co-workers, acquaintances, family, church family. A person could fall into one or two of these categories. If I have a parting of ways with an associate or acquaintance, I don't trip, I KIM as I do not have time and emotion invested with that relationship and it is expendable. My friendships however, when they are truly my friends, no matter what the friendship can weather anything. I have three friends, everyone else is something else.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
In answer to the question of what we are doing to have good relationships with people, I basically try to live by the principle that my feeling for or opinions of anyone don't mean anything. The only person who's judgment matters is the Lord's, and if He has accepted this person (as He most certainly has), then I accept them too, in His name.

I always thought it was interesting in Numbers where God punished Miriam and Aaron for "speaking against the Lord's annointed," Moses. Was Moses perfect? No, but he was a man of God, and God's choosen vessel. And being such, he was deserving of respect. And that's how I try to approach every Christian I come into contact with. I have no clue the depth to which the Lord is present to my Christian brothers and sisters in real life, and especially on the internet. I try to focus on the truth while remembering that the people with whom I am speaking may very well be wiser and holier than I.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I've not noticed this trend in Christiandom. I guess I need to think on it because I've never had problems maintaining friendships. Perhaps people use friend to loosely and when a "friendship" goes bust they wonder why. I have associates, friends, co-workers, acquaintances, family, church family. A person could fall into one or two of these categories. If I have a parting of ways with an associate or acquaintance, I don't trip, I KIM as I do not have time and emotion invested with that relationship and it is expendable. My friendships however, when they are truly my friends, no matter what the friendship can weather anything. I have three friends, everyone else is something else.

I agree with your post. Not only within my personal 'circle' of friends, but the Christians that I know seem to maintain and acquire even more friends.

Within my personal group we even have a saying, "When you pray in the 'Spirit', I'll catch it.". And this is so true. We are so close to one another, that we literally catch each other's prayers and can sense when one another is in 'trouble'.

I don't think Nice and Wavy will mind if I share this. She's is among my 'sister' friends. Last Mother's Day, my body was under attack and I wasn't able to participate in the Mother's Day celebrations with my family and loved ones.

At the very moment, that I was feeling my worse, I received a text message. It was a message from Precious Wavy, saying, "I'm praying for you..." Almost immediately, the symptoms broke. My body was feeling better. She had sensed that something was wrong and that I needed prayer.

The beauty of this still lives in my heart. Because she stopped in the middle of her celebration with her husband, family and loved ones, to pray for me. The fact that she texted me was another miracle, because I would not have answered my phone, I was feeling just that badly. She is a very 'sensitive' friend to the needs of others which endears her to be a friend and sister forever.

Another dear friend of my heart is Pebbles; who keeps me in line as well as being a dear sister and friend. :yep:

These are two beautiful examples of the strong bond that God has blessed me within the Body of Christ.

Outside of the forum, my girlfriends that I Dance with and I have such a loving bond with one another. We are a 'family', we have all of our Dance classes and other activities together. We nurture our bond; we even have email 'roll-call' each day.

We have our own 'forum' via email throughout the day with each other even more than I'm here on this forum. We just hit "reply all' with every email message which keeps all of us in the same email conversations. We never miss one another's birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and other important events in our lives.

We have prayer meetings at each other's homes, and share our hearts without reservations. We shop together and travel together, we pool our resources when one needs help or just a new costume or something other. We have a trust between us that is beyond being friends; we're always there for each other. We cry, laugh, cut up, disagree and hug. :lol: We're just girls, sisters and friends. :love3:

Anyone in Christ Jesus, who calls us friend, should also be able to say the same about the special people in their lives.

Friendships in Jesus have life, not death. My prayer is that everyone will have this special gift. I don't see anyone in this forum who is unloveable. :love2:

Nice & Wavy

I agree with your post. Not only within my personal 'circle' of friends, but the Christians that I know seem to maintain and acquire even more friends.

Within my personal group we even have a saying, "When you pray in the 'Spirit', I'll catch it.". And this is so true. We are so close to one another, that we literally catch each other's prayers and can sense when one another is in 'trouble'.

I don't think Nice and Wavy will mind if I share this. She's is among my 'sister' friends. Last Mother's Day, my body was under attack and I wasn't able to participate in the Mother's Day celebrations with my family and loved ones.

At the very moment, that I was feeling my worse, I received a text message. It was a message from Precious Wavy, saying, "I'm praying for you..." Almost immediately, the symptoms broke. My body was feeling better. She had sensed that something was wrong and that I needed prayer.

The beauty of this still lives in my heart. Because she stopped in the middle of her celebration with her husband, family and loved ones, to pray for me. The fact that she texted me was another miracle, because I would not have answered my phone, I was feeling just that badly. She is a very 'sensitive' friend to the needs of others which endears her to be a friend and sister forever.

Another dear friend of my heart is Pebbles; who keeps me in line as well as being a dear sister and friend. :yep:

These are two beautiful examples of the strong bond that God has blessed me within the Body of Christ.

Outside of the forum, my girlfriends that I Dance with and I have such a loving bond with one another. We are a 'family', we have all of our Dance classes and other activities together. We nurture our bond; we even have email 'roll-call' each day.

We have our own 'forum' via email throughout the day with each other even more than I'm here on this forum. We just hit "reply all' with every email message which keeps all of us in the same email conversations. We never miss one another's birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and other important events in our lives.

We have prayer meetings at each other's homes, and share our hearts without reservations. We shop together and travel together, we pool our resources when one needs help or just a new costume or something other. We have a trust between us that is beyond being friends; we're always there for each other. We cry, laugh, cut up, disagree and hug. :lol: We're just girls, sisters and friends. :love3:

Anyone in Christ Jesus, who calls us friend, should also be able to say the same about the special people in their lives.

Friendships in Jesus have life, not death. My prayer is that everyone will have this special gift. I don't see anyone in this forum who is unloveable. :love2:
Shimmie, I am so honored to be your 'sister' friend, as you are mine as well. I'm so blessed that Our Father knits together hearts to share, laugh, cry with. The bible does say "a friend sticks closer than a brother." I'm grateful as well to have you in my life:rosebud:...my sister, my friend!

I too thank God for ***Victory is Mine (aka "Q") who is a wonderful, down-to-earth sister in Christ who allows me to be myself....I laugh so much with her...it's a wonderful thing. The bible says laughter does good like medicine!:lachen:

I have friends who love me for me. I'm so grateful for that. They know what "it" I'm full of, that's for sure. We laugh, cry, pray, sing, shop and love on one another. I thank God for these woman because they are woman who truly share their hearts with a spirit of love and compassion...I have learned so much from them. They are all in different age groups as well, which is awesome!

God is so good!

Thanks, OP for this thread. It has reminded me of how blessed and highlyfavored I am!

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, I am so honored to be your 'sister' friend, as you are mine as well. I'm so blessed that Our Father knits together hearts to share, laugh, cry with. The bible does say "a friend sticks closer than a brother." I'm grateful as well to have you in my life:rosebud:...my sister, my friend!

I too thank God for ***Victory is Mine (aka "Q") who is a wonderful, down-to-earth sister in Christ who allows me to be myself....I laugh so much with her...it's a wonderful thing. The bible says laughter does good like medicine!:lachen:

I have friends who love me for me. I'm so grateful for that. They know what "it" I'm full of, that's for sure. We laugh, cry, pray, sing, shop and love on one another. I thank God for these woman because they are woman who truly share their hearts with a spirit of love and compassion...I have learned so much from them. They are all in different age groups as well, which is awesome!

God is so good!

Thanks, OP for this thread. It has reminded me of how blessed and highlyfavored I am!
:rosebud: :kiss: Hey sis... I thank God for you and hubbie. He's a joy too, always happy and keeps you laughing. I love how he is so giving of you and he just embraces your friends as an extra part of you.

You always have my back and you've seen me through some tough moments, what amazes me is that you 'always' know -- even when I don't tell you - you always know when I'm in need of prayer or just to let me know that you are there. You have a pure Ministry in Friendship and it's a gift which I cherish. You even have my back when I'm wrong...we're Harlem girls for sure. :love3:

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.... :yep: :lol: :Rose:

I agree, Q is another dear friend. :grouphug2: who carries her love and loyalty beyond the posts. She will send a PM in a heartbeat just to say, she's here for you. She came out of 'hiatus' just to wish me a 'Happy Birthday' last year. That's a true friend. :love3: Pebbles does the same; she has a busy schedule, but she'll come out of her busy schedule just to say, Hey sis, I love you and I'm praying for you. :love2: FoxyScholar is another precious jewel. :love3: I've personally adopted some 'little sisters' here as well. True friends in Jesus are in full abundance. :heart:

I can name so many, many more on this forum. There are so many, many more ladies here that will give their hearts without hesitation and they are wonderful friends and perfect examples of the love of Jesus; faithful friends to the end.

See you in the next 'text'.... :lol:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

:rosebud: :kiss: Hey sis... I thank God for you and hubbie. He's a joy too, always happy and keeps you laughing. I love how he is so giving of you and he just embraces your friends as an extra part of you.

You always have my back and you've seen me through some tough moments, what amazes me is that you 'always' know -- even when I don't tell you - you always know when I'm in need of prayer or just to let me know that you are there. You have a pure Ministry in Friendship and it's a gift which I cherish. You even have my back when I'm wrong...we're Harlem girls for sure. :love3:

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.... :yep: :lol: :Rose:

I agree, Q is another dear friend. :group2: who carries her love and loyalty beyond the posts. She will send a PM in a heartbeat just to say, she's here for you. She came out of 'hiatus' just to wish me a 'Happy Birthday' last year. That's a true friend. :love3: Pebbles does the same; she has a busy schedule, but she'll come out just to say, Hey sis, I love you and I'm praying for you. :love2: FoxyScholar is another precious jewel. :love3: I've personally adopted some 'little sisters' here as well. True friends in Jesus are in full abundance. :heart:

I can name so many, many more on this forum. There are so many, many more ladies here that will give their hearts without hesitation and they are wonderful friends and perfect examples of the love of Jesus; faithful friends to the end.
Awww....you know us so well! He does keep me happy and laughing...that's how come our bakery is always so busy...:look:

I love that "Ministry in Friendship"...that's awesome! I did a workshop on "The Friendships of Women" before and it was a really good workshop. The women were really receptive and those that had difficulties with friendships, came out of that workshop healed from hurts...it was awesome! In the end of that class, I gave each woman a wrapped gift for them to give to their friend or someone that they would like to be friends with or an old friend. They loved the idea and came back with to many good reports...it was so good to hear!

You have my back too...my harlem sister...I love harlem:yep:

ITA. Pebbles and Foxyscholar are awesome, loving women of God who share so much of themselves and give so much to others...words of wise women indeed! Tee is also a beautiful sister with a beautiful spirit....love her, love her!!!:yep::grin:

There are many women who I can say are a blessing to me on this forum. It's nice to know that there are people who love friendships as much as I do!

Love you, sis!

Shimmie

Staff member
Awww....you know us so well! He does keep me happy and laughing...that's how come our bakery is always so busy...:look:

I love that "Ministry in Friendship"...that's awesome! I did a workshop on "The Friendships of Women" before and it was a really good workshop. The women were really receptive and those that had difficulties with friendships, came out of that workshop healed from hurts...it was awesome! In the end of that class, I gave each woman a wrapped gift for them to give to their friend or someone that they would like to be friends with or an old friend. They loved the idea and came back with to many good reports...it was so good to hear!

You have my back too...my harlem sister...I love harlem:yep:

ITA. Pebbles and Foxyscholar are awesome, loving women of God who share so much of themselves and give so much to others...words of wise women indeed! Tee is also a beautiful sister with a beautiful spirit....love her, love her!!!:yep::grin:

There are many women who I can say are a blessing to me on this forum. It's nice to know that there are people who love friendships as much as I do!

Love you, sis!

:amen: :amen: :amen:

One last thing:

How do you know you have a real sister and friend?

You post and comment in each other's threads, then text, or PM them in the next minute. :lol: :lachen: :lachen:

OH! Let us not forget our baby sister Mrs. KLBoo. We love her so. :love3: :love4:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

:amen: :amen: :amen:

One last thing:

How do you know you have a real sister and friend?

You post and comment in each other's threads, then text, or PM them in the next minute. :lol: :lachen: :lachen:

OH! Let us not forget our baby sister Mrs. KLBoo. We love her so. :love3: :love4:
U said it sis...you said it!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

How could we forget lil sis wit her country self???:lachen:...she is one of the joys of my life. Keeps me laughing alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time! I know I can depend on her brightening up my day when the day is cloudy...she is like the sun..shining through those dark clouds! I absolutley love her!

divya

Beautiful thread, Ramya. :yep:

Jesus gives us the very best example of how we should treat each other, not only Christians, but all human beings. We can look at the Scriptures and see God's love and patience - towards the children of Israel regardless of their shortcomings, towards the disciples and the apostles. Jesus exhibited love for those considered to be the highest and the lowest in our world. Think of how God loves each and every one of us. God's love is everlasting. We should strive to show that same love to all those we come in contact with.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 4:16 - And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Colossians 3:12-13 - Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

1 Thessalonians 5:6-8 - Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Personally, I am doing my best to be kind to everyone in general. It's difficult when I have rough and stressful days but just a simple prayer can strengthen us. We hear it all the time but just a smile or helping someone in the smallest way spreads God's love. Sometimes I think of how God must feel when I am harsh or cold to someone, and then it breaks my heart. God is so loving and merciful towards me. So focusing on God's love encourages me to be loving to others.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
U said it sis...you said it!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

How could we forget lil sis wit her country self???:lachen:...she is one of the joys of my life. Keeps me laughing alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time! I know I can depend on her brightening up my day when the day is cloudy...she is like the sun..shining through those dark clouds! I absolutley love her!
You texted me... FIRST! No Fair! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Other Forum Friends, I'm taking it back to the beginning when I joined...

DLewis... awesome! Firecraker... Precious Blosssom... too cute Tasha Love... Angel Divine Favor.... full of heart.... DontSpeakDefeat... faithful
Enchantment ... down to earth * Supergirl ... forum sweetheart * Beverly.... always wants to help and keep peace on the forum * Honeycomb .... sweetheart and she's funny * crlsweetie.... just that, a sweetie * Star ... so faithful to us on the Christian Forum; keeps us fasting and in prayer. * HighlyFavored .... true heart * Blkrose ... beautiful heart * Kbragg ... down to the grit, but so loving * Divya... heart of love * Galadriel .... full of heart * LadyR .... a true lady * Kei ... such a warm heart and spirit *

I havent' named everyone here, these names above are only a few....But there are so many, many, many more. Many of the ladies have changed their screen names and I don't have a clue, of who's who. :lol:

But.....I still admire them all. They've kept me sane in a crazy world. I have friends here who day after day, have kept me while I was at my desk at work, stressed and I could always come in here and get away from it all. I thank God for all of our friend here.

If I did not list your name, it's not on purpose.... Each of you know, how very special you are.

Nice & Wavy

You texted me... FIRST! No Fair! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Other Forum Friends, I'm taking it back to the beginning when I joined...

DLewis... awesome! Firecraker... Precious Blosssom... too cute Tasha Love... Angel Divine Favor.... full of heart.... DontSpeakDefeat... faithful
Enchantment ... down to earth * Supergirl ... forum sweetheart * Beverly.... always wants to help and keep peace on the forum * Honeycomb .... sweetheart and she's funny * crlsweetie.... just that, a sweetie * Star ... so faithful to us on the Christian Forum; keeps us fasting and in prayer. * HighlyFavored .... true heart * Blkrose ... beautiful heart * Kbragg ... down to the grit, but so loving * Divya... heart of love * Galadriel .... full of heart * LadyR .... a true lady * Kei ... such a warm heart and spirit *

I havent' named everyone here, these names above are only a few....But there are so many, many, many more. Many of the ladies have changed their screen names and I don't have a clue, of who's who. :lol:

But.....I still admire them all. They've kept me sane in a crazy world. I have friends here who day after day, have kept me while I was at my desk at work, stressed and I could always come in here and get away from it all. I thank God for all of our friend here.

If I did not list your name, it's not on purpose.... Each of you know, how very special you are.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:...I type fast and text faster:lachen:

Pastor Alexstin....can't forget her...Woman of God who speaks with a wealth of knowledge and starts excellent threads!:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Beautiful thread, Ramya. :yep:

Jesus gives us the very best example of how we should treat each other, not only Christians, but all human beings. We can look at the Scriptures and see God's love and patience - towards the children of Israel regardless of their shortcomings, towards the disciples and the apostles. Jesus exhibited love for those considered to be the highest and the lowest in our world. Think of how God loves each and every one of us. God's love is everlasting. We should strive to show that same love to all those we come in contact with.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 4:16 - And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Colossians 3:12-13 - Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

1 Thessalonians 5:6-8 - Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Personally, I am doing my best to be kind to everyone in general. It's difficult when I have rough and stressful days but just a simple prayer can strengthen us. We hear it all the time but just a smile or helping someone in the smallest way spreads the God's love. Sometimes I think of how God must feel when I am harsh or cold to someone, and then it breaks my heart. God is so loving and merciful towards me. So focusing on God's love encourages me to be loving to others.

Good post, divya! I love the scripture reference:yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
:lachen::lachen::lachen:...I type fast and text faster:lachen:

Pastor Alexstin....can't forget her...Woman of God who speaks with a wealth of knowledge and starts excellent threads!:yep:

You type like this :cowgirl: (whoa daisy) :lachen:

And YES INDEED.. Pastor A; and Dreamer26, there are so many Chrisitian friendships here. I thank God for my friends list in my profile. All of them are precious.

I'm going to take some time to do a spin off thread to celebrate our 'friends' on this forum. They are worth celebating.

To Ramya..... this is a wonderful thread you've created. I'm dedicating the spin off to you. :giveheart:

Nice & Wavy

You type like this :cowgirl: (whoa daisy) :lachen:

And YES INDEED.. Pastor A; and Dreamer26, there are so many Chrisitian friendships here. I thank God for my friends list in my profile. All of them are precious.

I'm going to take some time to do a spin off thread to celebrate our 'friends' on this forum. They are worth celebating.

To Ramya..... this is a wonderful thread you've created. I'm dedicating the spin off to you. :giveheart:
I was waiting patiently for 'whoa daisy:lachen:)

There are many...I'm waiting for the spin-off!