Christians and reflecting Christ

I think we all are capable of being judgmental. So many times, there are few activities in life that rival the thrill of passing judgment on another human being.

There are a number of specific issues that Jesus brought to the Pharisees attention where they had fallen short of God and brought reproach upon the name of the Lord.
They were very judgmental of other people, looking down their noses at others who they considered "sinners."

One of the real problems that we Christians face is that the people we are trying to win to Christ look to us as examples of Christ and if we are displaying behavior that does not reflect the fruits of the spirit, it brings shame on Christianity and on the name of The Lord.
Example: Luke 18:9-14
Isn't it interesting that this Pharisee is looking down on this tax collector and condemning him? As a "spiritual leader," you would think he would be trying to help him and love him. Instead he stands and condemns him.

When you examine the life of Jesus, one of the things you can't miss is the fact that He just loved people where they were (whether they were demonically possessed, crippled, confused, blinded, violent, etc).
Christ taught Israel to love people, just as He loved people. (Luke 6:35-37)

And no, I'm not saying love sin. Not at all. But, I truly believe that a loving attitude will win a person over to Christ as opposed to an attitude void of love any day.

" If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Nice & Wavy

I think we all are capable of being judgmental. So many times, there are few activities in life that rival the thrill of passing judgment on another human being.

There are a number of specific issues that Jesus brought to the Pharisees attention where they had fallen short of God and brought reproach upon the name of the Lord.
They were very judgmental of other people, looking down their noses at others who they considered "sinners."

One of the real problems that we Christians face is that the people we are trying to win to Christ look to us as examples of Christ and if we are displaying behavior that does not reflect the fruits of the spirit, it brings shame on Christianity and on the name of The Lord.
Isn't it interesting that this Pharisee is looking down on this tax collector and condemning him? As a "spiritual leader," you would think he would be trying to help him and love him. Instead he stands and condemns him.

When you examine the life of Jesus, one of the things you can't miss is the fact that He just loved people where they were (whether they were demonically possessed, crippled, confused, blinded, violent, etc).

And no, I'm not saying love sin. Not at all. But, I truly believe that a loving attitude will win a person over to Christ as opposed to an attitude void of love any day.

" If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Welcome to the forum. :wave: I should have welcomed you yesterday when you posted in the OT in the thread "black gay church". :yep:

If this thread is because of what we as Christians posted in that thread,I don't believe any of us were judgmental by speaking the Gospel truth. Since we have history on this forum with many of the members, especially in the OT forum, we understand that there are topics that we just won't see eye to eye on. Never has been since I wrote my first post in 2006. :yep:

We share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they reject it and say we are judging. We share the truth in love, they say that we are un-Christlike. Whenever we share anything about the Lord in OT, they want us to come back to the Christianity Forum because that's where we belong.

Well, that's not going to happen. :yep: As believers, we are to share the Gospel with ALL and we understand that there will be those who will not listen, but you would be surprised at how many do listen and take heed to the words that are put before them on this forum.

You can be as sweet as pie and they still will find something to say because the whole point is that they don't want us there. The Gospel is never received with people who want to live a life that they feel are their own. Well, our lives are not our own and as Christians, we are to be the hands, feet and mouthpiece of Jesus on the earth. Jesus words certainly wasn't always 'pleasing to the ears' of those who didn't want to hear what He had to say. It went as far as they wanted to kill Him. :nono:

I for one have prayed with many women here and have led some to Christ. There are other Godly women on here who do the same. Some of us have outside the forum, counsel women who are struggling. PM land is very busy for many of us here, who minister almost daily to many people....especially people who don't participate by posting, but they read and send PM for many issues that they have and are dealing with.

To say that we are judging is a misnomer. I'm happy that you posted here, but to come in and with your first post say that we are judging is frankly well....judging us for what we posted in that thread.

My prayer is that you will continue to post and get to know who we are first and even share some Good News.There are many threads here that are led by Spirit-filled members who only want to see lives changed and people delivered and set free from the evil that is so prevalent in this world. This is the platform that the Lord has us to share the Word at this time and we will not be told that we should do it in a certain way....sorry, but that's getting old. We each have different personalities and it shows in our postings. We may not all agree, but we will come together for the cause of Christ, that's for sure.

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

Good morning,

Well to answer your post, I will address this first. I see that people tend to say "Christ love the sinner" to mean that Christ didn't have a problem with the sin and accepted it. That is not biblical. Christ came to the sinner, lame,and sick to HEAL them, not leave them in their current condition. When Christ left someone, they were CHANGED.

People say you got to win people with love. We have the wrong mindset of what love is. You posted it yourself, saying "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth"....I am not loving you if I see you are walking in the way or evil/error and do not correct you. :nono: Love does not sit back and see you on your way to hell and say nothing. The bible says Silence is the same as consent.

True Christians are not men pleasers, but we stand for truth. Christ told his disciples, if they hate me, they will hate you. Do we think that Christ told them this because they would be soooo nice and received of everyone? No it was because Jesus knew when disciples would speak truth they would be hated and persecuted, just as he was. This world today hate everything that is pure and holy. The bible says men hate the light. And I myself will not apolgize for speaking truth nor will I let anyone tell me I'm judging because I tell them what's right. (Not towards you, speaking generally).

Let me give you a example. If a woman started her period and bled all on the back of her pants, and maybe she didn't know. She walked around all day and nobody told her. But she noticed it when she got home that night. You know what she is going to think? "Why didn't no one tell me"? This is what we do with our friends and family and co workers when we see them spotted and defiled by sin and we say nothing, KNOWING we have the words and understanding to help them. I am not saying go around and shout on the rooftops "You going to hell!" :lol:. But if God is leading you to speak a word to them, will you refuse or let the enemy tell you "You know you judging them". The enemy wants to shut up Christians. :nono:

The world can be soooo bold with their sin, but I can't be bold with righteousness? I don't let people do just anything around me. I don't let my co workers curse around nor my own family. You will be told quick, can you please watch your language.

What I said was not towards you at all. Just speaking generally. I have seen some bad example of "Christians" trying to win people but only drawing them away :nono:. This one church called ummmm, I think Westboro Baptist church. They stand outside of the soilders funerals with signs saying they died because of sin and homosexuality :nono:. They give us a bad name. So i do agree that people go about it in the wrong, but dont think all Christians should be judge as judgemental because we speak truth.

When people saying Christians are judgmental, I want to say, um aren't you judging me? you doing the same thing, you say I am doing :lol:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Mamadonttakenomess

Sometimes seeing things with fresh eyes actually helps one to see more clearly, and more objectively. I've been here for a good while now and I sympathize with what you've posted.

Jesus said that a servant is not greater than his master. If He suffered persecution, then we will suffer it likewise. But interestingly enough, when we actually meditate on Christ's life in the Gospels, 99% of the time, the people going in on Jesus were religious people. The people He had the most to say to, and the people ultimately responsible for orchestrating His crucifixion were people who claimed to act in God's name. And a part of the reason that He had the most to say to the scribes and Pharisees is pretty much exactly what you posted--they were the ones who were supposed to be leading spiritually, and their actions carried greater weight in the example they set.

Jesus was accused by the religious leaders of being too soft on sin--a friend of sinners. They accused Him of being a sinner himself--a wine bibbler. But sinners of all types were actually drawn to Him. People will say, "He told people to leave their sin." He surely did, but you know what He did first? Sat with them, reached out to them. The woman at the well--before Jesus said anything to her, He did what no one else in the community would do--approached her and associated Himself with her, this outcast, fallen woman, while His disciples murmured amongst themselves about why He would do such a thing. That in itself was first an act of compassion that showed He was not there to condemn. The woman caught in adultery--before He told her to go and sin no more, He stopped the religious people from stoning her. Again, He reached out in compassion in a way that proved His love. His healings and miracles and service to the masses showed the same. The meekness with which Christ carried Himself and the continual pouring out of Himself for others gave Him the credibility to speak when it was time.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Mamadonttakenomess....

Hi Sweetheart, I have a question.

How did your very first post on your very first join date in September bring you directly to the Off Topic Forum? Most new members are in the hair forum as the OT is not readily visible.

:scratchch:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=18924117&postcount=187

:look: :look:

If I'm misjudging, I sincerely apologize... :yep:

Nice & Wavy

I will say this: Until believers behave like the family of God, we will take a long time to get to the place where we 'understand' each other and what we feel.:nono:

I for one don't hold grudges or dislike any member on this forum. I love people and in my own personal life, I respond to people and they respond to me...even on this forum, people respond to those they feel comfortable with. Are they perfect? Absolutely not!!! But, at least for me, when I post...whether I'm right or wrong, I post with a heart of love.

I think people should create threads that will encourage and exhort people. Maybe then, there may be more coming together on the forum....:yep:

momi

There is so much conversation lately about what it looks like to be "loving" to unbelievers.

We all have different God-given temperaments so the way we respond is going to be different. It's okay - really.

Some are like John the Baptist and Peter that cut to the chase and may offend some with their tone and method of delivery. Others may have more of a thoughtful approach.

Let every person be fully persuaded in their own minds... if a person feels that the proper way is to win the person through love with juice and berries so be it - if others believe that a sword is more fitting then so be it. We are all fearfully and wonderfully made - I'd rather we embrace our differences instead of fighting because of them...

JaneBond007

I think a simple and heartfelt "Hi and welcome" are in order.

ETA: We have that American saying about "love means never having to say, 'I'm sorry.'" But the biblical does not tell us that. In fact, when we can say, "I'm sorry for having offended you," we're closer to our Heavenly Father. Maybe when someone is telling us over and over again that we appear to have no true love for anyone, maybe G-d is trying to tell us to listen to how He loves? He loves us with truth but He is slow to anger and is patient, long-suffering. Maybe in our zeal, we are forgetting that "others" are true bones and flesh and that attitudes can break those bones, appearing to have no love.

OP, I know what you are saying. It's a good lesson to take at heart. I am personally sorry for having taken offense and for offending anyone.

Last edited:
My response is in red below:
Welcome to the forum. :wave: I should have welcomed you yesterday when you posted in the OT in the thread "black gay church". :yep: Thank you for the welcome!

If this thread is because of what we as Christians posted in that thread,I don't believe any of us were judgmental by speaking the Gospel truth. Neither do I. Not when the Gospel truth was being spoken. Since we have history on this forum with many of the members, especially in the OT forum, we understand that there are topics that we just won't see eye to eye on. Never has been since I wrote my first post in 2006. :yep:

We share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they reject it and say we are judging. We share the truth in love, they say that we are un-Christlike. After a certain point, I didn't see the love. It seemed to have gotten personal and off the topic. That's why I wrote what I wrote in that thread. Whenever we share anything about the Lord in OT, they want us to come back to the Christianity Forum because that's where we belong.

Well, that's not going to happen. :yep: As believers, we are to share the Gospel with ALL and we understand that there will be those who will not listen, but you would be surprised at how many do listen and take heed to the words that are put before them on this forum. I think that's great.

You can be as sweet as pie and they still will find something to say because the whole point is that they don't want us there. The Gospel is never received with people who want to live a life that they feel are their own. Well, our lives are not our own and as Christians, we are to be the hands, feet and mouthpiece of Jesus on the earth. Jesus words certainly wasn't always 'pleasing to the ears' of those who didn't want to hear what He had to say. It went as far as they wanted to kill Him. :nono:
I agree. Jesus was very direct with correcting people. He didn't mince words at all.
I for one have prayed with many women here and have led some to Christ. There are other Godly women on here who do the same. Some of us have outside the forum, counsel women who are struggling. PM land is very busy for many of us here, who minister almost daily to many people....especially people who don't participate by posting, but they read and send PM for many issues that they have and are dealing with.I think that is wonderful. What's pm land?

To say that we are judging is a misnomer. I'm happy that you posted here, but to come in and with your first post say that we are judging is frankly well....judging us for what we posted in that thread.I apologize for that and for coming across in a judgmental way. I just felt it was wrong that it got taken to a personal level, and I felt that I wanted to say something about it, so I did.

My prayer is that you will continue to post and get to know who we are first and even share some Good News. I would love that. There are many threads here that are led by Spirit-filled members who only want to see lives changed and people delivered and set free from the evil that is so prevalent in this world. This is the platform that the Lord has us to share the Word at this time and we will not be told that we should do it in a certain way....sorry, but that's getting old. We each have different personalities and it shows in our postings. We may not all agree, but we will come together for the cause of Christ, that's for sure.

Response is in red.
Good morning,

Well to answer your post, I will address this first. I see that people tend to say "Christ love the sinner" to mean that Christ didn't have a problem with the sin and accepted it.I'm certainly not one who believes that Christ didn't have a problem with the sin. Yes, that is unbiblical. That is not biblical. Christ came to the sinner, lame,and sick to HEAL them, not leave them in their current condition. When Christ left someone, they were CHANGED.

People say you got to win people with love. We have the wrong mindset of what love is. You posted it yourself, saying "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth"....I am not loving you if I see you are walking in the way or evil/error and do not correct you. :nono: Love does not sit back and see you on your way to hell and say nothing. The bible says Silence is the same as consent.
I'm not equating love with silence at all. I'm saying win over others who are not Christian by your actions. By taking the high road.
True Christians are not men pleasers, but we stand for truth. Christ told his disciples, if they hate me, they will hate you. Do we think that Christ told them this because they would be soooo nice and received of everyone? No it was because Jesus knew when disciples would speak truth they would be hated and persecuted, just as he was. This world today hate everything that is pure and holy. The bible says men hate the light. And I myself will not apolgize for speaking truth nor will I let anyone tell me I'm judging because I tell them what's right. (Not towards you, speaking generally).I think you are missing the point. It's not that I believe that we shouldn't speak the truth and speak up about what is right. It's the delivery that makes a difference.

Let me give you a example. If a woman started her period and bled all on the back of her pants, and maybe she didn't know. She walked around all day and nobody told her. But she noticed it when she got home that night. You know what she is going to think? "Why didn't no one tell me"? This is what we do with our friends and family and co workers when we see them spotted and defiled by sin and we say nothing, KNOWING we have the words and understanding to help them. I am not saying go around and shout on the rooftops "You going to hell!" :lol:. But if God is leading you to speak a word to them, will you refuse or let the enemy tell you "You know you judging them". The enemy wants to shut up Christians. :nono:

Lol, what an analogy! Ok, yes I certainly agree on this point.

The world can be soooo bold with their sin, but I can't be bold with righteousness? Definitely, we should be bold in righteousness. Yes!I don't let people do just anything around me. I don't let my co workers curse around nor my own family. You will be told quick, can you please watch your language.

What I said was not towards you at all. Just speaking generally. I have seen some bad example of "Christians" trying to win people but only drawing them away :nono:. This one church called ummmm, I think Westboro Baptist church. They stand outside of the soilders funerals with signs saying they died because of sin and homosexuality :nono:. They give us a bad name. So i do agree that people go about it in the wrong, but dont think all Christians should be judge as judgemental because we speak truth.Yes, I agree with you here as well.

When people saying Christians are judgmental, I want to say, um aren't you judging me? you doing the same thing, you say I am doing :lol:

Last edited:
My response below.
Mamadonttakenomess

Sometimes seeing things with fresh eyes actually helps one to see more clearly, and more objectively. I've been here for a good while now and I sympathize with what you've posted.

Jesus said that a servant is not greater than his master. If He suffered persecution, then we will suffer it likewise. But interestingly enough, when we actually meditate on Christ's life in the Gospels, 99% of the time, the people going in on Jesus were religious people. The people He had the most to say to, and the people ultimately responsible for orchestrating His crucifixion were people who claimed to act in God's name. And a part of the reason that He had the most to say to the scribes and Pharisees is pretty much exactly what you posted--they were the ones who were supposed to be leading spiritually, and their actions carried greater weight in the example they set.

Jesus was accused by the religious leaders of being too soft on sin--a friend of sinners. They accused Him of being a sinner himself--a wine bibbler. But sinners of all types were actually drawn to Him. People will say, "He told people to leave their sin." He surely did, but you know what He did first? Sat with them, reached out to them. Exactly my point. Yes, he did!
The woman at the well--before Jesus said anything to her, He did what no one else in the community would do--approached her and associated Himself with her, this outcast, fallen woman, while His disciples murmured amongst themselves about why He would do such a thing. That in itself was first an act of compassion that showed He was not there to condemn. The woman caught in adultery--before He told her to go and sin no more, He stopped the religious people from stoning her. Again, He reached out in compassion in a way that proved His love. His healings and miracles and service to the masses showed the same. The meekness with which Christ carried Himself and the continual pouring out of Himself for others gave Him the credibility to speak when it was time.
Thank you so much for this post.

my response below.
Mamadonttakenomess....

Hi Sweetheart, I have a question.

How did your very first post on your very first join date in September bring you directly to the Off Topic Forum? Most new members are in the hair forum as the OT is not readily visible.

:scratchch:

Hello! I'm not exactly sure what the implication is, but I have been reading various sections here for almost a year, mainly in the hair section and the christian section. my daughter is a member too. I typically would read on her screen name, but couldn't reply because it's not my acct. I have my own now specifically so I can reply to posts.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=18924117&postcount=187

:look: :look:

If I'm misjudging, I sincerely apologize... :yep:

Response below
I will say this: Until believers behave like the family of God, we will take a long time to get to the place where we 'understand' each other and what we feel.:nono: that's true for sure.

I for one don't hold grudges or dislike any member on this forum. I love people and in my own personal life, I respond to people and they respond to me...even on this forum, people respond to those they feel comfortable with. Are they perfect? Absolutely not!!! But, at least for me, when I post...whether I'm right or wrong, I post with a heart of love.

I think people should create threads that will encourage and exhort people. I agree. I will focus on that the next time.Maybe then, there may be more coming together on the forum....:yep:

Last edited:
Hello, Momi! Response below in red.
There is so much conversation lately about what it looks like to be "loving" to unbelievers.

We all have different God-given temperaments so the way we respond is going to be different. It's okay - really.

Some are like John the Baptist and Peter that cut to the chase and may offend some with their tone and method of delivery.

If you offend others with your tone and delivery, what good is it? How are we helping them?

Others may have more of a thoughtful approach.

We should all have a thoughtful approach. We may get passionate about what we believe, and we should be, but, we shouldn't of attack others. That's my belief. And this is in response to what you stated above, not about the other thread that was mentioned.

Let every person be fully persuaded in their own minds... if a person feels that the proper way is to win the person through love with juice and berries so be it

Lol, no, it doesn't have to be juice and berries (i.e.phoniness). Not at all. Just approach someone in a respectful manner, they way you would like to be approached.

- if others believe that a sword is more fitting then so be it

I totally disagree with the sword reference. The "sword" never has to be an option..

We are all fearfully and wonderfully madeYes, we are! - I'd rather we embrace our differences instead of fighting because of them...

Yep, can't argue with embracing our differences!

Last edited:
Response below.
I think a simple and heartfelt "Hi and welcome" are in order.
Hi! Thank you so much for the welcome.
ETA: We have that American saying about "love means never having to say, 'I'm sorry.'" But the biblical does not tell us that. In fact, when we can say, "I'm sorry for having offended you," we're closer to our Heavenly Father. Maybe when someone is telling us over and over again that we appear to have no true love for anyone, maybe G-d is trying to tell us to listen to how He loves? He loves us with truth but He is slow to anger and is patient, long-suffering. Maybe in our zeal, we are forgetting that "others" are true bones and flesh and that attitudes can break those bones, appearing to have no love. Thank you so much for this post. Beautiful. I truly thank you.

OP, I know what you are saying. It's a good lesson to take at heart. I am personally sorry for having taken offense and for offending anyone.

Shimmie

Staff member
my response below.

Hello! I'm not exactly sure what the implication is, but I have been reading various sections here for almost a year, mainly in the hair section and the christian section. my daughter is a member too. I typically would read on her screen name, but couldn't reply because it's not my acct. I have my own now specifically so I can reply to posts.

Okay... thank you for sharing this about your experience here. :yep:

When I read your opening post in this thread I didn't have the feeling that you were 'new' here in spite of your recent 'join' date. You were speaking as if you've been here for a minute (a while).

When I read the first response about you posting in the 'other' thread, I clicked on your name to find out more. Then I discovered the post that I linked above and it gave me pause, thinking... 'She's not new here'...:nono:

It would have been wonderful if you had shared your initial opening of this thread about your daughter's membership, introducing yourself to us and then proceeded with the issue that was on your heart. As you can see, the women here responded to you in love.

Most new members (who were formerly 'viewers') introduce themselves to us in their initial posts/threads and we move from there. No one here should have felt the need to 'explain' themselves because of the responses in the gay church thread in OT.

Moving on, I do indeed welcome you and hope to enjoy sharing with you the joy of our Faith in Jesus, the loving prayers and Words of encouragement to keep us strong.

Okay... thank you for sharing this about your experience here. :yep:

When I read your opening post in this thread I didn't have the feeling that you were 'new' here in spite of your recent 'join' date. You were speaking as if you've been here for a minute (a while).

When I read the first response about you posting in the 'other' thread, I clicked on your name to find out more.

What exactly were you trying to find out? And why? I don't follow your reasoning.

Then I discovered the post that I linked above and it gave me pause, thinking... 'She's not new here'...:nono:

It would have been wonderful if you had shared your initial opening of this thread about your daughter's membership, introducing yourself to us and then proceeded with the issue that was on your heart. Duly noted! I will post another topic where I will formally introduce myself, I have no issue with that if it's what's required. I apologize, I didn't know there was a rite of passage so to speak. I just thought that you post a reply and that was that. I guess I came in here like I was running the Christian thread :lol:!

I apologize for offending you.

As you can see, the women here responded to you in love. Hmm, yes, some did. Not everyone, though. A few were sarcastic.

Most new members (who were formerly 'viewers') introduce themselves to us in their initial posts/threads and we move from there. No one here should have felt the need to 'explain' themselves because of the responses in the gay church thread in OT.

I agree with that statement. I also never asked anyone to explain themselves or their responses in the gay church thread. I really just wanted to discuss the article I posted. I never brought up the gay church topic. I only answered the questions that were asked of me from my post in that topic.

Moving on, I do indeed welcome you and hope to enjoy sharing with you the joy of our Faith in Jesus, the loving prayers and Words of encouragement to keep us strong.
Ok...thank you for the welcome.

Nice & Wavy

Nice & Wavy, these are the posts that seemed sarcastic to me. I was not referring to your posts. But, it's all good. We've already established that I didn't start off too well here with my first post in the Christian section.
Mamadonttakenomess...I do have to say that I know each of these ladies very well, and I KNOW they didn't mean that to be sarcastic. Knowing Shimmie, she did that because of when momi said about being "uniqueness of us all" and Laela laughed...it had nothing to do with what you posted at all....:yep:.

iwanthealthyhair is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and she prays for people all the time. I KNOW she wasn't being sarcastic in her post and I'm sure she will come in and share what is on her heart. She definately has a heart for the lost....:yep:

If anyone should get the brunt of stuff because of acting out on the forum its me...and trust me, I do:blush::look: I'm really a very nice person, but I need prayer...just like every one else...I am not perfect.....YET!:lol: Just joking:lol:.

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy, these are the posts that seemed sarcastic to me. I was not referring to your posts. But, it's all good. We've already established that I didn't start off too well here with my first post in the Christian section.

I openly apologize if this appeared to be directed towards you personally. It wasn't. :nono:

Let's start over... :yep::yep::yep:

Hi Mamadonttakenomess, my name is Shimmie and it is wonderful to meet you and share God's love with you.

:welcome3:

We have a wonderful Christian Forum. It's filled with life and love and prayers. We also have an open Prayer Line ministry which meets each Thursday evening at 9:00 p.m. Anyone who has a prayer request is welcome to call in for prayer. It doesn't matter whether they are Christians or not, no one is turned away.

There is no bashing of anyone on the Prayer Line, no condemnation of anyone's lifestyle. When someone has a prayer request for an issue of controversy or need of deliverance, there is only prayer and encouragement given. No one is 'outted' on any of the Prayer Threads, you will not see their lives discussed online unless they have posted it, themselves.

If someone wants to keep their prayer request private, they are welcome to send us a PM and it goes no further.

There are several members who are directly on the Prayer Call Line but even more there are several ordained Ministers and Christian Members here who are Interceding for the Prayer Line on behalf of those who have prayer needs and that we are able to Minister to them by the Holy Spirit.

The Intercessors you may never hear, know or meet, however, they are 'there' as our support to help keep the move and the love of God flowing into the lives of others. Nice & Wavy, Laela and Iwanthealthyhair67 are three of our faithful Intercessors; they pray for this Forum constantly.

Prayer Requests are not limited to the Prayer Line. Members are free to seek anyone for prayer. The Prayer Line was originated by LucieLoo12 who felt that having a personal contact by hearing one's voice in prayer would be a great addition to the Christian Forum. In November we will be celebrating our 2nd year and God has truly made this a success.

It's God's Prayer Line, not ours.

If at anytime you would care to call in, you are most welcome to do so. You will be welcomed' not challenged. :yep:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=580975

God bless you and truly ... Welcome to the Christian Forum. :love2:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Mamadonttakenomess...I do have to say that I know each of these ladies very well, and I KNOW they didn't mean that to be sarcastic. Knowing Shimmie, she did that because of when momi said about being "uniqueness of us all" and Laela laughed...it had nothing to do with what you posted at all....:yep:.

iwanthealthyhair is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and she prays for people all the time. I KNOW she wasn't being sarcastic in her post and I'm sure she will come in and share what is on her heart. She definately has a heart for the lost....:yep:

If anyone should get the brunt of stuff because of acting out on the forum its me...and trust me, I do:blush::look: I'm really a very nice person, but I need prayer...just like every one else...I am not perfect.....YET!:lol: Just joking:lol:.

Thank you, Angel :giveheart: