Christians and reflecting Christ

Nice & Wavy

I openly apologize if this appeared to be directed towards you personally. It wasn't. :nono:

Let's start over... :yep::yep::yep:

Hi @mamadontakenomess, my name is Shimmie and it is wonderful to meet you and share God's love with you.

:welcome3:

We have a wonderful Christian Forum. It's filled with life and love and prayers. We also have an open Prayer Line ministry which meets each Thursday evening at 9:00 p.m. Anyone who has a prayer request is welcome to call in for prayer. It doesn't matter whether they are Christians or not, no one is turned away.

There is no bashing of anyone on the Prayer Line, no condemnation of anyone's lifestyle. When someone has a prayer request for an issue of controversy or need of deliverance, there is only prayer and encouragement given. No one is 'outted' on any of the Prayer Threads, you will not see their lives discussed online unless they have posted it, themselves.

If someone wants to keep their prayer request private, they are welcome to send us a PM and it goes no further.

There are several members who are directly on the Prayer Call Line but even more there are several ordained Ministers and Christian Members here who are Interceding for the Prayer Line on behalf of those who have prayer needs and that we are able to Minister to them by the Holy Spirit.

The Intercessors you may never hear, know or meet, however, they are 'there' as our support to help keep the move and the love of God flowing into the lives of others. @Nice & Wavy, @Laela and @Iwanthealthyhair67 are three of our faithful Intercessors; they pray for this Forum constantly.

Prayer Requests are not limited to the Prayer Line. Members are free to seek anyone for prayer. The Prayer Line was originated by @LucieLoo12 who felt that having a personal contact by hearing one's voice in prayer would be a great addition to the Christian Forum. In November we will be celebrating our 2nd year and God has truly made this a success.

It's God's Prayer Line, not ours.

If at anytime you would care to call in, you are most welcome to do so. You will be welcomed' not challenged. :yep:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=580975

God bless you and truly ... Welcome to the Christian Forum. :love2:
:love2: :love3:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Actually I was referring to Momi's post and not responding to you, I join the others and hope that you accept our sincerest apologies.

RocStar

This thread is a perfect example of the "bullying" that goes on many times in the Christian section. I pray that we can welcome believers with an open mind and heart and not always have to apologize for our actions after the fact. No one should have to say who they are, how long they have been a member, or any such questions. This is not a club or a clique, all who love and worship God are welcome, regardless if they have been on the forum for 10 years or 10 minutes. God has no such requirements.

This thread is a perfect example of the "bullying" that goes on many times in the Christian section. I pray that we can welcome believers with an open mind and heart and not always have to apologize for our actions after the fact. No one should have to say who they are, how long they have been a member, or any such questions. This is not a club or a clique, all who love and worship God are welcome, regardless if they have been on the forum for 10 years or 10 minutes. God has no such requirements.

RocStar, I truly thank you for your reply. I would guess that some other members feel the same way you do, but are probably hesitant to say so. Thank you for speaking out. To be honest, it's hard for me to understand how a person can come across as very genuine if they are literally mean one minute, and super nice the next.

When I was a little girl, my parents did not allow my brother and I to say mean things to one another. It wasn't tolerated at all. My mom would say, "Love your brother and treat him nice. He's the only brother you've got (and vice versa to my brother). To this day, I live by that with my brother and my other relatives. We get mad very rarely (almost never). But if we do, we never say mean things to one another. I extend that outside my family as well (not saying I never get upset, I do!).

Harsh words, even on the Internet, can cut to the core. Even some emoticons/smilies (specifically one that I observed yesterday),can be as harsh and cutting as words when directed at someone (e.g. :buttkick:)

^^ It's mean and it's uncalled for and there's no way around that. Period.

I openly apologize if this appeared to be directed towards you personally. It wasn't. :nono:

Let's start over... :yep::yep::yep:

Hi Mamadonttakenomess, my name is Shimmie and it is wonderful to meet you and share God's love with you.

:welcome3:

We have a wonderful Christian Forum. It's filled with life and love and prayers. We also have an open Prayer Line ministry which meets each Thursday evening at 9:00 p.m. Anyone who has a prayer request is welcome to call in for prayer. It doesn't matter whether they are Christians or not, no one is turned away.

There is no bashing of anyone on the Prayer Line, no condemnation of anyone's lifestyle. When someone has a prayer request for an issue of controversy or need of deliverance, there is only prayer and encouragement given. No one is 'outted' on any of the Prayer Threads, you will not see their lives discussed online unless they have posted it, themselves.

If someone wants to keep their prayer request private, they are welcome to send us a PM and it goes no further.

There are several members who are directly on the Prayer Call Line but even more there are several ordained Ministers and Christian Members here who are Interceding for the Prayer Line on behalf of those who have prayer needs and that we are able to Minister to them by the Holy Spirit.

The Intercessors you may never hear, know or meet, however, they are 'there' as our support to help keep the move and the love of God flowing into the lives of others. Nice & Wavy, Laela and Iwanthealthyhair67 are three of our faithful Intercessors; they pray for this Forum constantly.

Prayer Requests are not limited to the Prayer Line. Members are free to seek anyone for prayer. The Prayer Line was originated by LucieLoo12 who felt that having a personal contact by hearing one's voice in prayer would be a great addition to the Christian Forum. In November we will be celebrating our 2nd year and God has truly made this a success.

It's God's Prayer Line, not ours.

If at anytime you would care to call in, you are most welcome to do so. You will be welcomed' not challenged. :yep:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=580975

God bless you and truly ... Welcome to the Christian Forum. :love2:

Thank you for this post. When I read it last night, I was very happy to "start over" and for the warm welcome and invitation to the prayer line. Then I read a few of your replies in the Christian thoughts thread right after and I must say, I was put off. Where is the love? It's hard to take this post seriously when I read the mean words you said to another member. In my eyes, it just wasn't right at all.

Of course, you don't have to answer to me, nor do you have to answer that question, but I want to be frank.

I sincerely thank you again for the welcome Shimmie.
I sincerely thank the ladies who welcomed me.
I thank those who replied to this topic. But I think I will bow out now.

RocStar

RocStar, I truly thank you for your reply. I would guess that some other members feel the same way you do, but are probably hesitant to say so. Thank you for speaking out. To be honest, it's hard for me to understand how a person can come across as very genuine if they are literally mean one minute, and super nice the next.

When I was a little girl, my parents did not allow my brother and I to say mean things to one another. It wasn't tolerated at all. My mom would say, "Love your brother and treat him nice. He's the only brother you've got (and vice versa to my brother). To this day, I live by that with my brother and my other relatives. We get mad very rarely (almost never). But if we do, we never say mean things to one another. I extend that outside my family as well (not saying I never get upset, I do!).

Harsh words, even on the Internet, can cut to the core. Even some emoticons/smilies (specifically one that I observed yesterday),can be as harsh and cutting as words when directed at someone (e.g. :buttkick:)

^^ It's mean and it's uncalled for and there's no way around that. Period.

You are welcome and thank you for your words too.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you for this post. When I read it last night, I was very happy to "start over" and for the warm welcome and invitation to the prayer line. Then I read a few of your replies in the Christian thoughts thread right after and I must say, I was put off. Where is the love? It's hard to take this post seriously when I read the mean words you said to another member. In my eyes, it just wasn't right at all.

Of course, you don't have to answer to me, nor do you have to answer that question, but I want to be frank.

I sincerely thank you again for the welcome Shimmie.
I sincerely thank the ladies who welcomed me.
I thank those who replied to this topic. But I think I will bow out now.

Take care.