Christians and Holloween

GETHEALTHY

Ok, so I posted this on facebook earlier and made a lot of folks upset! LOL!

Ok, I know some folks are not going to like this....If we are Christians, why do we allow our Children to participate in Holloween. I reviewed the history of the day again and it was started by the Druids and involved dressing up to influence spirits and demons. I'm not talking about Church Fall Festivals, even though I have reservations about that too.

Here is what I was taught and have learned through further research:

"The American celebration rests upon Scottish and Irish folk customs which can be traced in direct line from pre-Christian times. Although Halloween has become a night of rollicking fun, superstitious spells, and eerie games which people take only half seriously, its beginnings were quite otherwise. The earliest Halloween celebrations were held by the Druids in honor of Samhain, Lord of the dead, whose festival fell on November 1."
"It was a Druidic belief that on the eve of this festival, Saman [Samhain], lord of death, called together the wicked souls [spirits] that within the past 12 months had been condemned to inhabit the bodies of animals."
"The Druids, an order of priests in ancient Gaul and Britain, believed that on Halloween, ghosts, spirits, fairies, witches, and elves came out to harm people. They thought the cat was sacred and believed that cats had once been human beings but were changed as a punishment for evil deeds. From these Druidic beliefs come the present-day use of witches, ghosts, and cats in Halloween festivities."
Halloween "was the night for the universal walking about of all sorts of spirits, fairies, and ghosts, all of whom had liberty on that night."
The pagans believed that on one night of the year the souls of the dead returned to their original homes. "There was a prevailing belief among all nations that at death the souls of good men were taken possession of by good spirits and carried to paradise, but the souls of wicked men were left to wander in the space between the earth and moon, or consigned to the unseen world. These wandering spirits were in the habit of haunting the living...But there were means by which these ghosts might be exorcised.
To exorcise these ghosts, that is, to free yourself from their supposed evil sway, you would have to set out food-give the demons a treat-and provide shelter for them during the night. If they were satisfied with your treat, it was believed they would leave you in peace. If food and shelter were not provided, or if they were not satisfied,these spirits, it was believed, would "trick" you by casting an evil spell on you and cause havoc.

The 18th chapter of the book of Deuteronomy, {v v 10-13} very explicitly forbids Christians to have anything to do with witchcraft, spiritism or the demonic. In verse 10 of that chapter we read: "There shall not be found among you anyone that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire {this has reference to the worship of the pagan god Moloch which was state worship}, or that useth divination {a false and pagan counterpart of prophecy; the art or act of foretelling secret knowledge, especially of the future}, or an observer of times {astrology}, or an enchanter, {to cast under a spell; charm; enrapture; to chant [magic words]}, or a witch {divinations in connection with the worship of idolatrous and demoniacal powers}, or a charmer {a fabricator of material charms or amulets to be worn especially around the neck, as a charm against evil or injury}, or a consulter with evil spirits {an inquirer by a familiar spirit}, or a wizard {a false prophet, especially a conjurer. One who summons a devil by oath, incantation or magic spell}, or a necromancer {one who in one form or another seeks to find information by consulting the dead}."
"Thou shalt not learn to do aftr their abominations..."{Deuteronomy 18:9}. Regard not them that have fimiliar spirits, neithr seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God" {Laviticus 19:31}.
It is obvious that the elements, symbols, and traditions of the Halloween observance with its emphasis upon goblins and demons, witches and skeletons, ghosts and apparitions rising from cemeteries constitute a dabbling with the very things which Scripture forbids to God's people and an open invitation to demonic activity.
It is at this point that many will say, "But we don't worship demons or Halloween. It doesn't mean the same thing today as it did in the past. It's now just a harmless, innocent time of fun for the children and the young people."
Yet, history clearly shows that Halloween is unmistakably a "religious" {pagan and Roman} holiday. Religion is the adoration, obedience and service rendered to the object of one's worship. It presupposes profession, practice, or observance of whatever belief and practice-in this case Halloween-as required by some superior authority. It is indisputably clear that Halloween is not commanded or sanctioned by Jehovah God-the true Christian's Superior Authority-in the Scriptures.
"Abstain from all appearances of evil" {I Thessalonians 5:22}.
"And many that believed came and confessed, and shewed their deds. Many of them also which used curious arts brought their boods together, and burned them before all men" {Acts 19:18, 19}.
"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" {I Corinthians 10:31}.

Nice & Wavy

Ok, so I posted this on facebook earlier and made a lot of folks upset! LOL!

Ok, I know some folks are not going to like this....If we are Christians, why do we allow our Children to participate in Holloween. I reviewed the history of the day again and it was started by the Druids and involved dressing up to influence spirits and demons. I'm not talking about Church Fall Festivals, even though I have reservations about that too.

Here is what I was taught and have learned through further research:

"The American celebration rests upon Scottish and Irish folk customs which can be traced in direct line from pre-Christian times. Although Halloween has become a night of rollicking fun, superstitious spells, and eerie games which people take only half seriously, its beginnings were quite otherwise. The earliest Halloween celebrations were held by the Druids in honor of Samhain, Lord of the dead, whose festival fell on November 1."
"It was a Druidic belief that on the eve of this festival, Saman [Samhain], lord of death, called together the wicked souls [spirits] that within the past 12 months had been condemned to inhabit the bodies of animals."
"The Druids, an order of priests in ancient Gaul and Britain, believed that on Halloween, ghosts, spirits, fairies, witches, and elves came out to harm people. They thought the cat was sacred and believed that cats had once been human beings but were changed as a punishment for evil deeds. From these Druidic beliefs come the present-day use of witches, ghosts, and cats in Halloween festivities."
Halloween "was the night for the universal walking about of all sorts of spirits, fairies, and ghosts, all of whom had liberty on that night."
The pagans believed that on one night of the year the souls of the dead returned to their original homes. "There was a prevailing belief among all nations that at death the souls of good men were taken possession of by good spirits and carried to paradise, but the souls of wicked men were left to wander in the space between the earth and moon, or consigned to the unseen world. These wandering spirits were in the habit of haunting the living...But there were means by which these ghosts might be exorcised.
To exorcise these ghosts, that is, to free yourself from their supposed evil sway, you would have to set out food-give the demons a treat-and provide shelter for them during the night. If they were satisfied with your treat, it was believed they would leave you in peace. If food and shelter were not provided, or if they were not satisfied,these spirits, it was believed, would "trick" you by casting an evil spell on you and cause havoc.

The 18th chapter of the book of Deuteronomy, {v v 10-13} very explicitly forbids Christians to have anything to do with witchcraft, spiritism or the demonic. In verse 10 of that chapter we read: "There shall not be found among you anyone that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire {this has reference to the worship of the pagan god Moloch which was state worship}, or that useth divination {a false and pagan counterpart of prophecy; the art or act of foretelling secret knowledge, especially of the future}, or an observer of times {astrology}, or an enchanter, {to cast under a spell; charm; enrapture; to chant [magic words]}, or a witch {divinations in connection with the worship of idolatrous and demoniacal powers}, or a charmer {a fabricator of material charms or amulets to be worn especially around the neck, as a charm against evil or injury}, or a consulter with evil spirits {an inquirer by a familiar spirit}, or a wizard {a false prophet, especially a conjurer. One who summons a devil by oath, incantation or magic spell}, or a necromancer {one who in one form or another seeks to find information by consulting the dead}."
"Thou shalt not learn to do aftr their abominations..."{Deuteronomy 18:9}. Regard not them that have fimiliar spirits, neithr seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God" {Laviticus 19:31}.
It is obvious that the elements, symbols, and traditions of the Halloween observance with its emphasis upon goblins and demons, witches and skeletons, ghosts and apparitions rising from cemeteries constitute a dabbling with the very things which Scripture forbids to God's people and an open invitation to demonic activity.
It is at this point that many will say, "But we don't worship demons or Halloween. It doesn't mean the same thing today as it did in the past. It's now just a harmless, innocent time of fun for the children and the young people."
Yet, history clearly shows that Halloween is unmistakably a "religious" {pagan and Roman} holiday. Religion is the adoration, obedience and service rendered to the object of one's worship. It presupposes profession, practice, or observance of whatever belief and practice-in this case Halloween-as required by some superior authority. It is indisputably clear that Halloween is not commanded or sanctioned by Jehovah God-the true Christian's Superior Authority-in the Scriptures.
"Abstain from all appearances of evil" {I Thessalonians 5:22}.
"And many that believed came and confessed, and shewed their deds. Many of them also which used curious arts brought their boods together, and burned them before all men" {Acts 19:18, 19}.
"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" {I Corinthians 10:31}.
I just don't know why some christians do this.....it's just beyond me:nono::nono::nono:

divya

Preach! Thank you Gethealthy. We have specific instruction from the Lord to avoid Halloween and anything related.

I just don't know why some christians do this.....it's just beyond me:nono::nono::nono:

I think sometimes we as Christians don't study enough. The Scriptures are truly a light unto our paths, if only we would spend more time in it - myself included. We would find guidance on so many issues of life. Of course, the next step is acceptance...:yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Can Light walk with darkness? :nono:

As a Christian, whom do we serve? If God be God serve Him, if baal be god, serve baal. There's no in between. There are things that those who love God should not participate in.

Halloween which is a witch's holiday, is truly one that does not belong among Christians.

Since when do we entertain the powers of darkness? And then get upset when it's 'called' out for what it is? :nono::nono::nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
Preach! Thank you Gethealthy. We have specific instruction from the Lord to avoid Halloween and anything related.

I think sometimes we as Christians don't study enough. The Scriptures are truly a light unto our paths, if only we would spend more time in it - myself included. We would find guidance on so many issues of life. Of course, the next step is acceptance...:yep:
@ the bolded, this is true for God's word does say to study to show yourself approved. It also says, 'my people perish for lack of knowledge'.

However...

Some things are just plain obvious! Halloween makes absolutely no secret about what it's celebrating.

The costumes and party themes are all obviously set up with darkness as it's foundation and purpose with witches, demons, spells, skeletons, ghosts, howlings, dark and eery themes in the costumes and decorations...

I mean come on now, Christians are that ignorant of darkness and demonic activity ? ? ? :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

It's the complete and total opposite of Jesus ! ! ! How much studying is needed to be aware of that?

This is not directed at you divya.... :giveheart: I'm just making a point about the lame excuses that too many are trying to fall back upon.

divya

@ the bolded, this is true for God's word does say to study to show yourself approved. It also says, 'my people perish for lack of knowledge'.

However...

Some things are just plain obvious! Halloween makes absolutely no secret about what it's celebrating.

The costumes and party themes are all obviously set up with darkness as it's foundation and purpose with witches, demons, spells, skeletons, ghosts, howlings, dark and eery themes in the costumes and decorations...

I mean come on now, Christians are that ignorant of darkness and demonic activity ? ? ? :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

It's the complete and total opposite of Jesus ! ! ! How much studying is needed to be aware of that?

This is not directed at you divya.... :giveheart: I'm just making a point about the lame excuses that too many are trying to fall back upon.

I totally agree!! It's really obvious! And you have made it so plain. Why would we who believe in Jesus, the Light of the world, go and celebrate darkness?

...but you know, there is always the attempt to say "well the Bible doesn't say anything about that." Yes it does! :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
I totally agree!! It's really obvious! And you have made it so plain. Why would we who believe in Jesus, the Light of the world, go and celebrate darkness?

...but you know, there is always the attempt to say "well the Bible doesn't say anything about that." Yes it does! :lol:

:yep: :lol: That's the major 'excape' clause. :lachen:

Nazarite27

Amen! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 6:24

As a Christian, whom do we serve? If God be God serve Him, if baal be god, serve baal. There's no in between. There are things that those who love God should not participate in.

Halloween which is a witch's holiday, is truly one that does not belong among Christians.

Since when do we entertain the powers of darkness? And then get upset when it's 'called' out for what it is? :nono::nono::nono:

brg240

I didn't read that (sorry) because well I have to get ready for church :look: I'm assuming it's talking about Halloween being/starting as a pagan/druid holiday or something?

I never celebrated Halloween (my parents didn't let us) nor would I let my hypothetical kids celebrate it. I don't think of it as a light holiday. :/

That said my mom started giving out candy a couple years ago. She puts tracks/scriptures on the candy and prays over them before she gives them out. I like her idea actually. While I liked going to Hallelujah night/Christian alternatives as a kid I know that no one but Christians really go to them so it kinda makes a Christian bubble. Yeah fellowship is good and all but you don't reach people that way. :look: Anyway you can disagree with this just telling you another idea.

goldielocs

ITA- my daughter has been telling people about the history of Halloween to everyone who asks her what she was going to dress up as and she's only 8. My little evangelist!!!:yep:

If an 8 year old can accept and live by the truth then adults have no excuse.

Ladybelle

Many churches encourage the celebration and have parties for the children. Its pretty sad.

I was going to ask about this, so this also makes it a disgrace to God to offer the alternatives? Like, "trunk or treat" which is offered at a lot of churches as an alternative to the "trick or treating" kids would usually do? I've went to one and it's more like a fall festival than any halloween celebration.

In order to truly honor God, it means one should not participate in ANY halloween related festivity?Even if you aren't participating in the ghoul and ghostly part of halloween? No candy for the kiddos, no nothing???

We don't celebrate halloween, but I do buy the kids candy and we make candied apples- is that wrong?

Thanks for the article!

Nefertiti0906

Many churches encourage the celebration and have parties for the children. Its pretty sad.

I don't see a problem with churches turning the celebration into something positive.

Just like Halloween has pagan origins, both Christmas and Easter also have pagan origins but we still celebrate them; although our intent is different when we celebrate it.

Why not focus on the intent of the celebration...

Ladybelle

I don't see a problem with churches turning the celebration into something positive.

Just like Halloween has pagan origins, both Christmas and Easter also have pagan origins but we still celebrate them; although our intent is different when we celebrate it.

Good point, thanks for saying that.

joy2day

However...

Shimmie, I believe that a lot of Christians are ignorant of demonic activity. And it is sad. I remember as a kid how we used to watch horror movies, I used to love them:nono:! The funny thing is, God eventually grew me up to have a strong gift of discernment, and a to be a "seer" if you will. The spirit realm is nothing and I mean nothing to play with. Which just emphasizes why we need to separate ourselves and children from this evil holiday. I agree too with what you said about how obvious Haloween is in demonic activity...any time a "season" announces itself with all sorts of demonic movies on tv and in theaters and we never question why the bulk of this stuff comes on this time of year???? I've tried to get family members to see Halloween for what it is, they just think I am being deep. Oh well.:sad:

For the ladies who still want to have parties for children...I understand that kids want to be kids, and when they see all of the festivity, they want to be a part...my Mom used to have costume parties at our house for us. I grew up in the late 70's and 80's when people were tampering with candy and doing stupid stuff like putting needles in candy bars:nono:! So she would bake and purchase goodies and everyone would come to our house. No ghoulish costumes on us ever. Some may still disagree, but that is what we did. I don't have children yet, but I think that I would probably do something along these lines in the future, and put a biblical spin on it, i.e., people do bible characters/bible plays with the kids.

goldielocs

I know I'm in the minority, but we don't celebrate any of them for that reason. Halloween was never intended for Christians in any way, shape, form or fashion. Now Christmas and Easter are a whole other animal. Many feel they are important and are willing to sweep their pagan histories under a rug. I'm not one of them...

As for intent, I personally don't think that matters if you recognize something is wrong. I put it in the same category as telling a white lie. It may spare someone's feelings, but it's still a lie.

We don't allow our daughter to participate in harvest festivals because children need to realize that there are times when you will not have an alternative for saying no to something that is not lined up with what God commands us.

There is no alternative to honoring God.
There is no alternative to saying no to sex before marriage.
There is no alternative to telling the truth.
There is no alternative to respecting and obeying parents.

I see this issue as something much deeper than participating in a pagan holiday. It's a soul issue of honoring God and I think our children need to learn this at an earlier age. That is why young people leave the faith once they get into college. We've taught them that alternatives to Christ are ok.

I'm now off my soapbox... have a blessed day.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'll post a link to the history of Halloween

http://www.history.com/content/halloween/real-story-of-halloween

It wasn't created by/for Christians..but if you look at the Church's involvement... what it did was created an "alternative" to darkness, to turn something negative into a positive. Today, the perverted origins still exists but the churches have always offered alternatives. Not an "alternate" way to celebrate Halloween...which I feel is the consensus here. But another way... That's not entertaining darkness, it's fighting it.

Isn't that what Christianity is all about? Drawing others from the darkness to the marvelous light?

I personally don't celebrate Halloween or do any of those festivals either. But for churches and believers to stand by and do nothing, stay shut at home while the heathens are out wreaking havoc isn't the way to go IMHO. Having events at church where children can still enjoy themselves while being told Jesus loves them is one way to counter Halloween.

As they say, if they ain't in church, they're on the street. :nono:

I know I'm in the minority, but we don't celebrate any of them for that reason. Halloween was never intended for Christians in any way, shape, form or fashion. Now Christmas and Easter are a whole other animal. Many feel they are important and are willing to sweep their pagan histories under a rug. I'm not one of them...

As for intent, I personally don't think that matters if you recognize something is wrong. I put it in the same category as telling a white lie. It may spare someone's feelings, but it's still a lie.

We don't allow our daughter to participate in harvest festivals because children need to realize that there are times when you will not have an alternative for saying no to something that is not lined up with what God commands us.

There is no alternative to honoring God.
There is no alternative to saying no to sex before marriage.
There is no alternative to telling the truth.
There is no alternative to respecting and obeying parents.

I see this issue as something much deeper than participating in a pagan holiday. It's a soul issue of honoring God and I think our children need to learn this at an earlier age. That is why young people leave the faith once they get into college. We've taught them that alternatives to Christ are ok.

I'm now off my soapbox... have a blessed day.

Laela

Then, why buy candy for the kids on THIS day of all days? Wouldn't even that small gesture been seen as a form of celebration? Hmmm....

We don't celebrate halloween, but I do buy the kids candy and we make candied apples- is that wrong?

Thanks for the article!

divya

It's more about what exactly done at the churches. I see nothing wrong with having a program teaching children about why not to celebrate Halloween or some other Christ-centered social event. But I think we tread on dangerous ground when we have them come to church basically to get candy, as some churches do.

Tee

It is funny I was just discussing this with a coworker. My child never has and never will while under my roof celebrate Halloween. It is against our beliefs.

My child understands the history and never has felt left out. Education and understanding is the key.

Ladybelle

Then, why buy candy for the kids on THIS day of all days? Wouldn't even that small gesture been seen as a form of celebration? Hmmm....

I think that sometimes we can take things too far. If we know the bible as well as we say we do, then we all know that even Christ celebrated. He was not some stiff, uptight, person who didn't enjoy celebrating.

If God had his way, Christians would celebrate waaay more than we do now. We'd celebrate his goodness, his rising up from death, the saving of every soul, being alive...................

Just exactly what does this scripture mean? , "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks,for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 -

Even in Halloween, we can find a reason to thank God:
  • I thank God for the opportunity to know that he is greater than evil & that nothing shall by any means hurt me or my children, not serpents, scorpions or all the powers of the enemy. (Luke 10:19)
  • I thank God that he protects every trick-or-treater during the one day of the year where crime rates and vandalism rates are at there highest,
  • and while me & the kids munch on our candy we thank God for being soooooo very sweet to us!
so, If I had to give a reason for buying my children candy during this time of year, it would be because they are obedient children who don't rebel against why they aren't allowed to go trick-or-treating or dress up in costumes. I reward them, not celebrate the holiday. They don't beg for it or ask for it, just another opportunity for us to spend time together as a family.

Last edited:

Laela

ITA with your post in its entirety.... Amen

So, what we do instead, what churches do instead... also be seen as celebratory by others, when it is not. It's not good to celebrate Halloween in any form, at all. What you chose to do instead was spend time with your family and reward your children for not participating....

That was my point... :yep:

I think that sometimes we can take things too far. If we know the bible as well as we say we do, then we all know that even Christ celebrated. He was not some stiff, uptight, person who didn't enjoy celebrating.

If God had his way, Christians would celebrate waaay more than we do now. We'd celebrate his goodness, his rising up from death, the saving of every soul, being alive...................

Just exactly what does this scripture mean? , "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks,for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 -

Even in Halloween, we can find a reason to thank God:
  • I thank God for the opportunity to know that he is greater than evil & that nothing shall by any means hurt me or my children, not serpents, scorpions or all the powers of the enemy. (Luke 10:19)
  • I thank God that he protects every trick-or-treater during the one day of the year where crime rates and vandalism rates are at there highest,
  • and while me & the kids munch on our candy we thank God for being soooooo very sweet to us!
so, If I had to give a reason for buying my children candy during this time of year, it would be because they are obedient children who don't rebel against why they aren't allowed to go trick-or-treating or dress up in costumes. I reward them, not celebrate the holiday. They don't beg for it or ask for it, just another opportunity for us to spend time together as a family.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
We can have our own celebrations, but why have them on the same days the rest of the world does? Are we allowed to compromise to bring non-believers into the fold? Or are we compromising to feel a part of the world?

goldielocs

I'll post a link to the history of Halloween

http://www.history.com/content/halloween/real-story-of-halloween

It wasn't created by/for Christians..but if you look at the Church's involvement... what it did was created an "alternative" to darkness, to turn something negative into a positive. Today, the perverted origins still exists but the churches have always offered alternatives. Not an "alternate" way to celebrate Halloween...which I feel is the consensus here. But another way... That's not entertaining darkness, it's fighting it.

Isn't that what Christianity is all about? Drawing others from the darkness to the marvelous light?

I personally don't celebrate Halloween or do any of those festivals either. But for churches and believers to stand by and do nothing, stay shut at home while the heathens are out wreaking havoc isn't the way to go IMHO. Having events at church where children can still enjoy themselves while being told Jesus loves them is one way to counter Halloween.

As they say, if they ain't in church, they're on the street. :nono:

If Christ is the focus of the event, I have no problem with it, but many times that is not the case. There's candy, costumes and games... Sounds like the same things they are doing in the streets. Not one harvest festival I've ever been to does anything more than offer candy and treats.

What should Christians do? Counter Halloween by teaching its evils from the pulpit, give away CD recordings of the message, make it the focus of Sunday school during October or even have an event where children are involved helping the less fortunate or packing care boxes for troops/ missionaries.

As far as "standing by and doing nothing"- what do I need to do on a holiday that means nothing to me? The more attention we give it, the more we'll feel like we need to do something. Why must we have a harvest festival be on Oct. 31? Because we don't want to feel like we're "missing something." We are to have nothing to do with darkness so I leave it alone.

Laela

Why not?

Why not celebrate Jesus on Halloween, Christmas, whenever. Why keep the church doors closed just because it happens to fall on a day others celebrate something else? I don't get that...can you explain? I don't see compromise, I see opportunity.

We can have our own celebrations, but why have them on the same days the rest of the world does? Are we allowed to compromise to bring non-believers into the fold? Or are we compromising to feel a part of the world?

Last edited:

goldielocs

If Christ is the focus of the event, I have no problem with it, but many times that is not the case. There's candy, costumes and games... Sounds like the same things they are doing in the streets. Not one harvest festival I've ever been to does anything more than offer candy and treats.

Please don't leave out the rest....

I'm not trying to difficult at all. Please do not take my words and quote parts of sentences to make a point. Thanks.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Because every time we compromise, we get burned or led stray. If we were serious about sharing the Gospel during secularized pagan holidays, we would be out there doing it, not safe in a building with other like-minded people.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I think that the celebration of "Halloween" as a pagan festival only has meaning as such to adults and those who practice paganism. If a person's conscience is defiled by the belief that something is demonic, then that person should never participate in that thing.

But I don't believe that the origins of Halloween make current trick or treating evil or demonic. If someone allows their child to dress up as a devil, to play with a Quija board, to visit haunted houses, etc., then that opens that child's spirit to things that are dark and evil.

Things don't have to be done that way. Whether it's considered an "alternative" to Halloween or not, we can honor the Lord by acknowledging what is good and pure and fun on any day.

We don't need to mark our actions by what the world is or isn't doing. What the world is up to is actually irrelevant to what we choose to do. All we need to do is to continually act, speak, and celebrate in ways that are God-honoring.