Chicken Fat & Rosemary for Hair Growth

illuminatiamerica

I am really thinking about buying this from walmart and using it to grow my hair. I have been using the beef tallow product for 3 days, and I have no breakage whatsoever. My hair was breaking really bad before I bought the beef fat, and the breakage was caused by BB hair grease. The BB hair grease doesn’t have animal fat, and I think animal fat is better for my hair than petroleum.
F7AD0227-577C-441A-9188-1FBC0EE8DACE.jpeg

illuminatiamerica

I have been using beef tallow on my hair for about 2 years now. I love it. I use deodorized tallow. I find that it conditions my hair much better than plant oils.

My only concern with the chicken fat is that you might end up smelling like cooking or fried food wherever you go.
Wow lol! How long has your hair grown with the tallow? I became interested after I read tallow in the ingredients on Summit Liv cream.

Theresamonet

I am really thinking about buying this from walmart and using it to grow my hair. I have been using the beef tallow product for 3 days, and I have no breakage whatsoever. My hair was breaking really bad before I bought the beef fat, and the breakage was caused by BB hair grease. The BB hair grease doesn’t have animal fat, and I think animal fat is better for my hair than petroleum.
View attachment 487257

Wouldn’t chicken fat go rancid in your hair? This product has to be refrigerated.

snoop

Wow lol! How long has your hair grown with the tallow? I became interested after I read tallow in the ingredients on Summit Liv cream.

I'm not exactly sure. It's not a growth serum...it's just oil. I think that my growth has been stunted due to really low iron, so.... I find that it has helped my hair to retain more moisture over time, my strands are smoother, and my hair has more sheen to it now. I also use it on my children's hair and I've found that their hair is much easier to comb even after washing. I keep using it for the overall health of my hair.

snoop

the product has rosemary oil in it so it doesn’t go rancid on the shelf

I don't think that's how it works. It's a food item made to food-grade standards. Rosemary isn't a preservative, especially food-grade rosemary.

From what I can find about this particular product, it's shelf stable provided that it hasn't been opened. Once opened, it needs to be refridgerated and has a 6 months shelf life. Reviews also say that it smells like chicken.