no grease/no oil = more growth?

fattyfatfat

I think my hair grows better w/o grease and oil. It doesnt break off as much either. As soon as I put grease or oil in my hair it stays really oily and it seems like my scalp wont absorb it. For the last week I just washed my hair, used humectress and blow dryed it. I havent had much breakage and have noticeable growth. Anyone with similar experience?

Wishin4BSL

I haven't noticed more growth, but oddly I've noticed that the curl pattern in my hair is more loose since washing it more. Plus my scalp doesn't itch at all. Also, I've noticed that if I don't wash my hair about every four days, it itches somethin fierce!

fattyfatfat

Wishin4BSL said:
I haven't noticed more growth, but oddly I've noticed that the curl pattern in my hair is more loose since washing it more. Plus my scalp doesn't itch at all. Also, I've noticed that if I don't wash my hair about every four days, it itches somethin fierce!

ive noticed that too! i definately wash my hair a lot more now and i love humectress! Im going to see how long i can go w/o grease/oil then relax my hair and see the difference!

ladybug71

I have been experiencing some of the same. Used to be I could go for days w/o a wash, now, it's about every 4 or 5 days it really starts to itch and I need to wash. I haven't been "oiling" my scalp as much as I used to so I can let it breathe, there is a difference.

LadyJay114

Using grease resulted in flakes, caked up scalp and lifeless hair.

I oil my scalp about every 2 weeks, usually a day or 2 before I wash my hair.

Tee

Wishin4BSL said:

My hair is the same way if I dont wash about every 4 or 5 days. I can not go a full week (7 days) any more.

gradygirl

I had to go from washing every 7 days to 5 because of itching and breaking. If I wash 5 days my hair is moisturized from my last wash and all I lose is basically shed hair. I wish I had started doing this sooner.

fattyfatfat

gradygirl said:
I had to go from washing every 7 days to 5 because of itching and breaking. If I wash 5 days my hair is moisturized from my last wash and all I lose is basically shed hair. I wish I had started doing this sooner.

Me too! I havent used grease or oil in at least 2 weeks and my hair is growing and the growth is noticeable. Also it doesnt break off as much. I wish I would have started doing this a long time ago. Im going to keep doing this until christmas and then see my results!