Chicago naturals....

zzirvingj

Where do you get your hair done?? I've been all in the Salon forum and can't seem to find any salons recommended in Chicago for naturals (specifically for a press)...

Chicago's a big city....please tell me you have one natural hair salon that's good at pressing and styling healthy natural hair.....?

Blairx0

I haven't personal had my hair pressed, but I get offers all the time. Seems everyone can get your hair straight, but no one mentions health. It is hard to know who to trust. I hope you find someone and share with the rest of us. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

sherrimberri

For blowouts and flat iron i go to jacinta at hot comb salon. For rollersets i go to kim at kimberly coleman salon. For trims i go ivonne at supercuts in the daley center. PM for more info

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I feel like there are not a lot of options when it comes to natural salons in Chicago. Which is not unusual since chicago is not really known for hair at all in general anyway. But it would be nice to go to a salon without being scared sh!tless about the stylist and whether they know about natural hair at all.

The Daryas Natural seemed kind of nice, maybe I'll treat myself to a salon day there one day.

laurend

When are you coming? Straightening your hair in the summer will be a waste of money. It's very humid here because of the lake.

zzirvingj

laurend said:
When are you coming? Straightening your hair in the summer will be a waste of money. It's very humid here because of the lake.

Tomorrow..lol

I was thinking of trying out the santo Domingo Dominican spot on Sunday....

RegaLady

I have family who get their hair pressed by a lady at Artistic Beauty Salon. They trust NO ONE but her and they have WL and BSL hair. She does very pretty presses. I intend on going to her when my hair gets long enough. Her name is Vera.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
Google jacinta @hot comb salon in the south loop. She is the bomb.

I'd need to see more pictures. The things I saw from natural hair in Atlanta amazed me and made me wonder why anyone in life ever relaxed if hair looks better heat straightened than with chemicals. Those pictures on yelp unfortunately look like my results from cheapie shops/hair schools in ATL to me. :( I'm ruint!

RegaLady

I'd need to see more pictures. The things I saw from natural hair in Atlanta amazed me and made me wonder why anyone in life ever relaxed if hair looks better heat straightened than with chemicals. Those pictures on yelp unfortunately look like my results from cheapie shops/hair schools in ATL to me. :( I'm ruint!

Her facebook pics of clients look pretty good.

No pressing for me this summer or it will be a waste. But I will consider in the fall.

Tamster

Abyss Salon... I've ONLY been to Imania though, and would only recommend her.

Also... styleseat.com/afrosnbabyhair she deals primarily with natural hair but is on the far south side. too far for me, but I liked her work (when she was in hyde park).

Blairx0

I know this thread is old, but would love some suggestions for a flat iron and trim. I wanted to rollerset and then flat iron to avoid the blow dryer if that helps.

Right now I am looking at Hot Comb salon, but would love input or someone who would do it for me and make some extra money for thesmeleves!