Cost of a press and curl/set

Cindy70

For all of the naturals that get their hair pressed, how much does is usually cost you at the salon to get a press and curl/set done?

Cindy70

atlantatiffany, how long did your press usually last? Did you get it pressed every week? Sorry so many questions. I'm thinking about trying to go natural, but I also still want to be able to wear my hair straight or curled.

atlantatiffany

my press would last for about a week. i always try to wash my hair weekly anyway, but if any form of water came around my press would be gone. that was another reason why i decided to go back to relaxers. i didn't like always dodging rain or the mist from the shower have u thought about just strecthing your relaxers out? thats what i do. i get one every 4 months.

Cindy70

My natural hair is way too kinky and thick to stretch out relaxers for longer than 7 weeks or so. I start getting really bad breakage from the relaxed part of my hair when dealing with the two textures for too long. My natural hair is really really thick, but the relaxed part is thin and I'm curious to see how my hair would look like thick again. I don't like the thought of having to stay away from water when my hair is pressed
, but maybe that's the price I'll have to pay to have thick hair again.

atlantatiffany

ok since u don't want a relaxer u should try lanza strait line. it is a shampoo that straightens new growth. i use it all the time and it really works. maybe this can help with your 2 textures. do u think the relaxed hair is breaking because it is dry. do u feel your hair gets enough moisture?

Cindy70

I'll have to look for that Lanza strait line shampoo - do they also make a conditioner? I don't think that it breaks because of lack of moisture, I use grease/oil in my hair daily.