Check out my pics!

WaterMoccasin

I will post my album under LHCF photos once I put in the captions etc.
But since I haven't yet, here's my hair history (to better understand what was going on):

I decided to "go natural" in Feb 2000. I was sporting my usual a-little-past-shoulder-length relaxed hair with some new growth I fell in love with. I braided in April 2000, kept them for 5 weeks, took 'em out, had a total of about 3 inches of new growth which tempted me to relax my hair, so I did 1 week later in June (
). The female stylist wasn't wrong- my hair was damaged...it came out in clumps while washing. She then insisted she had to trim and eventually I gave in and she took my then-bra-strap hair to the point of grazing my shoulders. I got angry, and the next time I relaxed my hair, I got it cut in a short short halle Berre type cut.
I had it relaxed again in October, then for the LAST time in December 2000.
I transitioned for a year- and had some serious breakage problems that year due to constant dangerous pressing to keep my natural hair matching my relaxed hair.
Anywayz, FINALLY, at the end of December '01/very beginning of January '02, i cut off all the relaxed ends and have been natural since. I learned from that transitioning year to ease up on the pressing so I do it every now and then (every 2-4 months or so).
Enjoy!

PS- To those who I have raved about the Curly Hair Solutions products about, you can find the results of those in the 2003 (July) album.

*snipped*

This link goes to the five main albums: Relaxed Days, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and Shortcut (for those who want just that- a summary).

Last edited:

WaterMoccasin

Oh, by the way- sorry about the doo doo stuff on my face! I hate to see others do that, but I had to do it myself because I'm not ready to reveal my identity yet

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
No problem. It's understandable. Especially when there are some sick folks out there who would steal for pics or Photoshop 'em on someone else body in compromising situations.

cybra

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
Me either soulchild. I can't get the link to come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

alibi

hair bored
The link is working now. Your hair looks great!!! Congrats girl, I'm 5 months into my transitioning, and still sitting on the fence.

cybra

Girl, your babies are too cute!
I only got to see the pic you posted, but you hair seems so thick and long. I wish I could see the others you posted. But, just the same, keep up the good work!

WaterMoccasin

Thanks for the comments ladies!
I'll get the commentary in there soon...

And I don't think I'm worthy enough just yet to post a routine...especially since I'm still trying to figure one out! I absolutely had none, just let my hair dictate what it needed and when.

After the disastrous transitioning year, all I did was wash and condition my natural hair 1-2X a week, styling accordingly. More recently I've added deep conditioning, moisturizing everyday, protecting my ends. I usually just detangle and put it in a bun (and tie down)!

As for pressing every now and then, I always wash/condition, roller-set, let dry overnight, then flat-iron and hot comb as needed (The blue magic is why it's so 'shiny')! It can stay up to 2 weeks- as long as I don't work-out or go dancing

E

EgyptianSand16

YAY!!!!!!!!! Another natural
Your hair is beautiful!! its growing nicely too. Keep up the good work

Nyambura

surfer girl
Very nice, BM.
I love the shine and texture of your hair. You've accumulated a significant amount of growth during your journey.
My favorite pic is the one where you're wearing pressed in an updo. Very elegant.