Check her out: courtneynaturalhair youtuber

Kurlee

my grandmother's hair was similar to this youtuber's hair. She could wash her hair and plait it and it would air dry kind of straight with waves from the braids. My grandmothers hair had texture but it was very easy to comb/brush her curl pattern out.

my grandmother has hair just like that, it's like wavyish. guess 3a or 2c? some folk have that hair texture . . .

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Kurlee said:
my grandmother has hair just like that, it's like wavyish. guess 3a or 2c? some folk have that hair texture . . .

Ok now I see it. Her hair is not straight. Its wavy. Mine does that too. It will only get curly when I manipulate it (twirl it, twist it, braid it). Its better now that I rarely straighten. When I had heat damage, I could not get a good curl at all. There are a lot of people who have hair like hers.

JassyMo

Idk, I think it's all her hair and she may straighten it more often than others. My friend is a shade darker than her and has the same type of here. Every month she would get it pressed with a straightening come and it would be silky straight and her ends would naturally go into one big curl. Now that she's older she wears wash and go styles and it shrinks into curls but still with that silk like texture :-/

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It could be that her hair is trained to be stretched. There are a ton of U tube vids that show how to stretch natural hair with or without heat. Either way, she has gorgeous hair!:spinning::yep:

NoodleHead05

my grandmother's hair was similar to this youtuber's hair. She could wash her hair and plait it and it would air dry kind of straight with waves from the braids. My grandmothers hair had texture but it was very easy to comb/brush her curl pattern out.

And it stayed the same after she wet it?
Glycerine attracts moisture to your hair which results in reversion. She's baggying her hair multiple times per week with a glycerine mix.

My hair is similar, my curls are easy to brush out, however when I do the same thing a couple of times a week (moisturize and seal) I mist with the spray bottle and some of it does start to curl up, but just a little and I use NO heat whatsoever. But my hair is very curly/coily no heat damage. I basically stretch my hair all week in a bun, hardly wear it down. By the end of the week most of my curl is gone and it looks like I have a light blow-out. Its obviously not straight straight, but super stretched. ESPECIALLY if I have used shea butter, that stuff is so heavy on my hair lol. If I put water to it though it obviously starts to curl and is very coily straight out of the shower if I choose to leave it that way. I usually do a curly pony the first couple days then that evolves into a top knot and then I comb, brush my curls out and stretch it in bun, changing the position every couple of days... so like someone said her hair is probably super stretched and there is the possibility of heat damage but who knows

But she does have beautiful hair :) :grin: love it!

Last edited:

Kurlee

that would be the closest description but her hair was a cottony, fluffy 2c/3a not silky at all

yea, it can have a loose curl/wave + cotton or be silky w/ a loose wave. I'm not too sure about the woman in the OP. Didn't really take her hair in like that. Just know it is healthy and swangin.

LdyKamz

HOWEVER im with you on the something just aint right side eye because her hair journey video looks suspect as all get out. i swear i had a few of those half wigs and phony ponies that she is wearing and the first pic is a really bad wig so something aint right with this.

eta im watching her conditioner video now this chick does not look natural at all[/QUOTE]

ITA with this. I think she has beautiful hair. But her hair journey videos?? Come on. The first 2 pics of the relaxed days look like wigs. And while she is transitioning most of them look like half wigs or something. Again she has beautiful hair and looks very healthy but I think she has to be texlaxed at least.

nappystorm

Kurlee said:
what about her hair looks suspect?

That's what I want to know. Looks like she was rocking twist outs but nothing out the ordinary. And even if she is relaxed, she's killing it. And she's been natural 4 years and is WL. That's a pretty average growth rate. I swear, sometimes yall do the absolute most.

Kurlee

That's what I want to know. Looks like she was rocking twist outs but nothing out the ordinary. And even if she is relaxed, she's killing it. And she's been natural 4 years and is WL. That's a pretty average growth rate. I swear, sometimes yall do the absolute most.

lol. I know why people think so, but I just wanted to see if someone can see a track or something.

Kurlee

Not to be antagonistic, but I knew as soon as I read this post that she was a dark skinned woman. No one ever seems to question someone's hair texture if they have lighter skin. Just an observation .....

oh, someone pointed this out already?:look: ok, cool. Yup, that's where I suspect the suspicion is coming from :look:

Last edited:

Kurlee

I didn't look at all of her videos, but my hair acts like that - it's low porosity so it takes longer to absorb things. Just putting a moisturizer on my stretched out curls will not automatically cause them to spring up especially since my curl pattern is looser. The video I saw where she wet it was on a twist out and it looks like her texture is silky from root to tip. We didn't see her hair after it sat for a minute so I assume it "reverted" after a while.

I'm not being defensive, I just know how my hair is so I'm not ready to call bs based on that alone. I do think it's strange that her hair stayed so straight when she put that dc on, but like I said it probably reverted later. I straightened my hair then doused it in coconut oil and was surprised it stayed straight until I actually washed it. Her conditioner contains water so if she's natural it would revert from that.

I need to see more videos of that hair and probably see her washing it to be convinced.

my hair is like that too. when i get sick of my blowout and I put dc straight on my straight hair before shampooing (pre-poo), my hair takes quite some time to curl up. Even if I put water based products on my hair when straight, it takes a mighty long time to curl up and even then, it's only the roots that will wave up a bit and that;s IF i don' t tie it down. Even when the water hits it, it;s like the 2nd lathering when the curls really pop back.

Kurlee

You described my grandmother's hair. She used blue magic grease so her would stay straight even when wet. The only time it would curl was when her hair was stripped by a strong shampoo.
do you think this has to do with how thick the hair strands are? I find with my hair, the finer strands are easy to get straight by brushing or using heavy products (grease, gel, etc). The crown, which has thicker strands curls up if you sneeze on it.:lol:

nappystorm

Kurlee said:
oh, someone pointed this out already?:look: ok, cool. Yup, that's where I suspect the suspicion is coming from :look:

I don't know if it's skin color per se because I see it with the LS girls too. People around here are quick just to discredit someone's eles' hair journey if they aren't a member (she lying, has so and so texture, she's relaxed, her grandmama white, she had hair as a kid, she has a split end right there, etc) but then turn around and create a thread when someone IRL does the same to them. Some people can actually have healthy hair without LHCF.

manter26

Her hair is the same texture from root to tip. It doesn't look heat trained to me. She looks like a type 2 like HairCrush and her sister.

Kurlee

I don't know if it's skin color per se because I see it with the LS girls too. People around here are quick just to discredit someone's eles' hair journey if they aren't a member (she lying, has so and so texture, she's relaxed, her grandmama white, she had hair as a kid, she has a split end right there, etc) but then turn around and create a thread when someone IRL does the same to them. Some people can actually have healthy hair without LHCF.

:dead: at the bolded!!! you're so right

cutenss

Her hair is gorgeous. It looks real to me. I looked at most of her videos. My hair doesn't curl up if I add deep conditioner to dry hair, that has been straightened. But if it isn't her scalp grown hair, she needs to give some celebrities, whose weaves are a HAM, her stylist phone number.

leiah

My hair is similar, my curls are easy to brush out, however when I do the same thing a couple of times a week (moisturize and seal) I mist with the spray bottle and some of it does start to curl up, but just a little and I use NO heat whatsoever. But my hair is very curly/coily no heat damage. I basically stretch my hair all week in a bun, hardly wear it down. By the end of the week most of my curl is gone and it looks like I have a light blow-out. Its obviously not straight straight, but super stretched. ESPECIALLY if I have used shea butter, that stuff is so heavy on my hair lol. If I put water to it though it obviously starts to curl and is very coily straight out of the shower if I choose to leave it that way. I usually do a curly pony the first couple days then that evolves into a top knot and then I comb, brush my curls out and stretch it in bun, changing the position every couple of days... so like someone said her hair is probably super stretched and there is the possibility of heat damage but who knows

But she does have beautiful hair :) :grin: love it!

That's exactly how my hair is and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here :ohwell:

I dry my hair in 1 or 2 braids to eliminate tangles and then I bun for the rest of the week, moisturizing occasionally. After a day or 2 its nearly straight but still has some texture to it.

jenaccess

This women hair is gorgeous. My sister hair is like this a very loose very texture wavy pattern. I have 2 textures when i am natural, my hair from the crown all the way to the kitchen is just like this.
Also reminds me of Chimes hair. This is this womens hair and I don't believe it is heat damage.
She just have a beautiful head of hair!

My Friend

4 years of hair care = 24 inches. I'm unsure if she bc'd or started with some length, regardless her hair is beautiful.

nlamr2013

The person I'm seeing has bsl texlaxed hair let me hop on my pc I may be on the wrong video on my iPod