Check her out: courtneynaturalhair youtuber

lovegymnasts

I'm sorry. Not to be offensive but I call BS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVq6uG2mho&list=UUzEnJFukiHx7moSFmkUYA9Q&index=2&feature=plpp_video
Correct me if I am wrong. She says she is natural. In this above video, she said the only thing she did to her hair is co-wash it and put it into 2 ponytails. When she adds her water, glyerine, conditioner mix to her hair (baggyiing), it stays the same...especially her ends.
Either she is severely heat trained or I don't know what to say. Something just ain't sitting right with me and her videos.
Her hair is lovely but I can't get with her for some reason.

MilkChocolateOne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVq6uG2mho&list=UUzEnJFukiHx7moSFmkUYA9Q&index=2&feature=plpp_video
Correct me if I am wrong. She says she is natural. In this above video, she said the only thing she did to her hair is co-wash it and put it into 2 ponytails. When she adds her water, glyerine, conditioner mix to her hair (baggyiing), it stays the same...especially her ends.
Either she is severely heat trained or I don't know what to say. Something just ain't sitting right with me and her videos.

my grandmother's hair was similar to this youtuber's hair. She could wash her hair and plait it and it would air dry kind of straight with waves from the braids. My grandmothers hair had texture but it was very easy to comb/brush her curl pattern out.

lovegymnasts

my grandmother's hair was similar to this youtuber's hair. She could wash her hair and plait it and it would air dry kind of straight with waves from the braids. My grandmothers hair had texture but it was very easy to comb/brush her curl pattern out.
And it stayed the same after she wet it?
Glycerine attracts moisture to your hair which results in reversion. She's baggying her hair multiple times per week with a glycerine mix.

lamaria211

I just watched a few of her videos I was waiting on reversion when she added her DC and it stayed straight but I still love her hair. And I'm gonttry out that AO GPB recipe I already have all the ingredients :)

ecadnacmc

Not to be antagonistic, but I knew as soon as I read this post that she was a dark skinned woman. No one ever seems to question someone's hair texture if they have lighter skin. Just an observation .....

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Her hair is gorgeous. I didn't see her bagging or whatever and even if she's heat damaged, still good length if she decides to trim those damaged ends off. Wow. I definitely want to peak at her regimen.

Last edited:

danniegirl

she only sprayed the spritz on her hair and left it out for all of a min or so. You cant expect total reversion in a less then two min.

HOWEVER im with you on the something just aint right side eye because her hair journey video looks suspect as all get out. i swear i had a few of those half wigs and phony ponies that she is wearing and the first pic is a really bad wig so something aint right with this.

eta im watching her conditioner video now this chick does not look natural at all

Last edited:

SmileyNY

Wow!! Very nice, beautiful & thick!! :lick:

Now THIS is the type of reveal I expected when kimmytube kept everyone waiting for her flat iron. I'm not saying kimmytube's hair is bad. It isn't... It's just that with all the drama & buildup... This is the type of reveal I pictured in my head :lol:

This woman has gorgeous hair :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Blairx0

lamaria211 said:
I just watched a few of her videos I was waiting on reversion when she added her DC and it stayed straight but I still love her hair. And I'm gonttry out that AO GPB recipe I already have all the ingredients :)

My thoughts exactly.

lovegymnasts

Not to be antagonistic, but I knew as soon as I read this post that she was a dark skinned woman. No one ever seems to question someone's hair texture if they have lighter skin. Just an observation .....
If that was your video, I would also give you the side eye. It has nothing to do with skin tone, it has to do with the texture of the hair. I've worked with enough children (extremely large #) to realize skin tone has nothing to do with hair type. I combed the hair of one sibling group of 3 girls. Their Anglo foster parents brought them in for a parent visit looking horrible. The child with the darkest skin tone had 3a hair and the child with the lightest skin tone had blonde 4b hair. The middle child had 4a hair.

I do not know how to do multiple post, so responding to others also.

If her hair was type 2, which it does not appear to me, then I can see it behaving like that with glycerine/water regularly being used to baggy and when putting in DC. Glycerine remains in your hair and continues to draw moisture throughout the day.

I should have posted the DC video instead but the one I posted was the last one I watched.

DaiseeDay

lovegymnasts said:
And it stayed the same after she wet it?
Glycerine attracts moisture to your hair which results in reversion. She's baggying her hair multiple times per week with a glycerine mix.

lamaria211 said:

I didn't look at all of her videos, but my hair acts like that - it's low porosity so it takes longer to absorb things. Just putting a moisturizer on my stretched out curls will not automatically cause them to spring up especially since my curl pattern is looser. The video I saw where she wet it was on a twist out and it looks like her texture is silky from root to tip. We didn't see her hair after it sat for a minute so I assume it "reverted" after a while.

I'm not being defensive, I just know how my hair is so I'm not ready to call bs based on that alone. I do think it's strange that her hair stayed so straight when she put that dc on, but like I said it probably reverted later. I straightened my hair then doused it in coconut oil and was surprised it stayed straight until I actually washed it. Her conditioner contains water so if she's natural it would revert from that.

I need to see more videos of that hair and probably see her washing it to be convinced.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've seen her on YouTube before. I was amazed at first until I saw we had different hair textures when wet (and it confused me how her hair was so straight) so I did not subscribe to her.

Sent via Android LHCF App

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
OMG WOW WAOW :drool::drool::drool: her her is so gorgeous! I watched her hair journey vid, she has an amazing growth rate too :yep:

Last edited:

empressri

Yeah, I have a friend with hair like this. Either it looks like she does too or she is heat trained. It's a funny hair type because you can easily comb or brush out the curl, and if you use a too heavy product you can make your hair too straight, but if you scrunch it, it stays somewhat curly.

(Just to throw this out, typically those are characteristics of coarser hair, as the coarsest parts of my head do the exact same thing.)

MilkChocolateOne

empressri said:
Yeah, I have a friend with hair like this. Either it looks like she does too or she is heat trained. It's a funny hair type because you can easily comb or brush out the curl, and if you use a too heavy product you can make your hair too straight, but if you scrunch it, it stays somewhat curly.

(Just to throw this out, typically those are characteristics of coarser hair, as the coarsest parts of my head do the exact same thing.)

You described my grandmother's hair. She used blue magic grease so her would stay straight even when wet. The only time it would curl was when her hair was stripped by a strong shampoo.

CurlsBazillion

Her hair is gorgeous. I really don't care how she got there or if she is natural or whatever the point is she kept that hair on her head and got that swang. her ends look great and thats what matters to me. She could be texlaxed, heat trained, or whatever, either way her hair is what I dream of and what I buy out the bss :lachen: So she straight with me.