Changing from Affirm??

BklynHeart

Okay, I used Affirm relaxer for about a year. The pros is that my hair felt and looked fuller. The cons is after 4 weeks my roots and edges looked 8 weeks post relaxer. And my hair started to feel drier. I decided to change my relaxer to Revlon Mild which keeps my hair straighter longer. However, I noticed that the rest of Plus, it seems that my hair is shedding more because of the slight difference in the textures.
Anyone that has changed from an Affirm relaxer to another brand, has this happened to you? If so, what steps did you take to calm the frizziness and shedding?

OneInAMillion

I switched from Affirm exactly a year ago. Actually, I had been using Dudley Mild, then got an Affirm relaxer once and had terrible results (dry, thinner hair, dull, some breakage, stick straight hair). So I switched back to Dudley and my hair has been more wavy, full, shiny, and basically back to normal.

Seems like we had opposite results, but I still have two different textures. As far as shedding: Rollersetting & blowdrying helps that, and carrot oil, and a DRC treatment here and there stops any shedding. I pretty much dealt with two extremely different textures for the past year, but babying my hair was worth it. It took some time, but now I have about an inch of stick straight ends left in the back, maybe 1.5-2in. in the front. Friziness is always a problem over the summer, but I kinda like it :look: . Makes my hair look more full.

HTH!

BklynHeart

Thanks Million! The Affirm left my hair fuller-looking, but I couldn't stand having my hair looking like I needed a full on perm by week 4!