Affirm Home Users

soslychic

I made a mistake and got mild instead of regular on my affirm relaxer. I have THICK THICK hair, but I've heard that the mild ones are about the same and just give you more smoothing time. Is that true? I can't go through this underprocessing crap again. How long did you all leave on your affirm? (regular or mild, just post which please).

beana3

i have 4a fine hair, but lots of it. I left mine on for 25mins and it straightened very well. this is my relaxer of choice from now on.

soslychic

Thanks for your response. I'm wondering if I have fine, normal, or thick hair. I've always just assumed it was thick, but now I realize that that may be just because there is a WHOLE lot of it on my head. How do I determine what type it is? Also, was that the mild strength of affirm that you used?

beana3

yes soslychic, it was the affirm mild lye verison i used. I really like it! My newly relaxed hair is soooo shiny, i cant wait 'til all my hair is fully "affirmed"

Kitkat

The mild will work just fine. When I went to the salon, she always used Affirm mild and was able to leave it on longer than I can leave the regular on. I relax at home now and I have Affirm regular. No particular reason, I just forgot to ask for mild. I leave regular on for 18 minutes, including application time. Hope this helps.

TsAngel

I have the regular too. I let it stay on for about 15 minutes. I have thick hair also but I don't relax until bone straight.

HTH

TsAngel

Titansgirl

My hair stylist used a Affirm Mild Fiberguard, but it was still mild and she left it on about 15 to 20 min. My hair is sorta thick, but I thick I just have alot of hair...