Cera-Repair / Biolage USERS GET IN HERE!!!!

Vintageglam

I use both the professional and the at home versions of the hydratherapie and fortetherapie treatments and I have to admit, Ilike the at home version better. The professional one is watery. I sometimes mix them in my Biolage Ultra hydrating balm:lick:, very moisturizing and leaves my hair silky, detangled and very manageable.

The shampoos are another story as they have way too much sulfates in them for my liking. They stripped my hair dry and I had the fotrifying poo, the hydrating one, the normalizing one, and the matrix one for hair thickening I think. I will not be purcasing these again:nono:. I will strick with more moisturizing poos and more natural hair poos:yep:.

Aggie have you tried the colour therapie shampoo? I hear this one does not have Sulphates and is more moisturising?

Lava27

Hello ladies,

I use it every week depending on how i feel. i like to mix it with my conditioner bc I noticed that it makes my hair get knotted w/o conditioner. Besides that it works well for me. :yep:

I agree with bolded. I've only used the tubes once, but when I did my hair was hard and tangled (sort of like I did a protein treatment). I had to dc afterwards but then my hair seemed shinier and seemed to hold in moisture better than usual. So I think the Cera-Repair is good (must try again) but in the future I will probably just mix with a dc becasue alone it makes my hair hard.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Even though I Relax with Lye, I have and used this product now for about the past 4 weeks.:yep:

I usually DC with either Steam or Heat Cap (Rinse) after Rinsing about before using my PC to Close/Seal Cuticle, I will apply a Vial of the Matrix Biolage. Put on Plastic Cap for 5-10 minutes rinse with Cool Water and Seal with PC.

Hair has always been smooth Afterwards. No Problems with Knots/Tangles etc.....However, at some point, I will also try this product mixed in the DC'er just to Compare the 2 Outcomes/Processes.:yep:

KinkyGenius

Bumping!

I use the Kerastase vials (Aqua Oleum, Vita Ciment, & Oleo Fusion), and am interested in trying the salon vials of the matrix cera-repair pro 4.

Will purchase and report back.

Please don't forget to report back with your review. I'm very curious to see how the two products compare to one another.

KinkyGenius

Where does everyone order their Biolage and Kerastase products from? Or do you all just go to a physical location for them, like Ulta?

ElegantExotic

Ok, so I just picked my vials up from the post office!!! I got the fortetherapie & colorcaretherapie.

I used the Kerastase Vita-Ciment Concentrate vial last week mixed with Oleo Fusion.

I will try the colorcaretherapie tomorrow morning and let you all know how it goes.

ElegantExotic

Where does everyone order their Biolage and Kerastase products from? Or do you all just go to a physical location for them, like Ulta?

For Kerastase styling products and the regular size shampoo's, I buy in the salon. For the pro treatments, and pro size shampoos, masques and conditioners, I buy online. I also got the Biolage vials from online.

ElegantExotic

So this will be my plan:

Wash w. Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo x2.
Steam w. Biolage colortherapie vials & a masque for 30 mins - 1 hr, then rinse.
Apply Phytocitrus Masque to close cuticles.

Head to salon for 8:30am appointment :eek:.

Have shampoo assistant rinse and then rollerst with Kerastase Chroma Thermique.

KinkyGenius

So this will be my plan:

Wash w. Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo x2.
Steam w. Biolage colortherapie vials & a masque for 30 mins - 1 hr, then rinse.
Apply Phytocitrus Masque to close cuticles.

Head to salon for 8:30am appointment :eek:.

Have shampoo assistant rinse and then rollerst with Kerastase Chroma Thermique.

What masque will you be using with the Biolage colortherapie?

Americka

I mixed a vial of the Cera-Repair with Skala G3 Ceramides masque and dc'd. I am still under the dryer as I type. I KNOW the Skala works because I only moisturized ONCE last week and I really didn't need to then. I added the CR to the Skala hoping it would "kick it up another notch". So I shall see if I need to moisturize before the next wash day.

^^ Anxiously awaiting your update, Amerika!!

Update: My Cera-Repair/Skala masque mixture is a winner! I did have to moisturize twice. (I wear glasses and the hair near my temples is just rebellious!) I used Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil and Argan Oil. Although my hair is two weeks post washing, it still has swing - no heaviness or greasiness.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ceramides has been a "BIG HIT" to my Weekly Regimen.

And I am loving Wheat Germ Oil (which also has Ceramides) to Seal with as well.:grin:

Americka

Ceramides has been a "BIG HIT" to my Weekly Regimen.

And I am loving Wheat Germ Oil (which also has Ceramides) to Seal with as well.:grin:

:blush: STOP IT! I should not buy ANYMORE oil until I use up my beloved Grapeseed oil and a new bottle of Olive oil. Although I could just use the OO for cooking. When I am done with the first bottle of GO, I might invest in some sunflower oil. :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:blush: STOP IT! I should not buy ANYMORE oil until I use up my beloved Grapeseed oil and a new bottle of Olive oil. Although I could just use the OO for cooking. When I am done with the first bottle of GO, I might invest in some sunflower oil. :look:

Yeah, luckily, I had the Wheat Germ already in my Stash.:look:

And when it's finished, I will definitely repurchase it.:yep:

ElegantExotic

Ok, so here's what I did:

Washed with Oleo Relax x2
Steamed w. Fiberguard Sustenance & a bit of Masquintense
Rinsed and applied 4 of the Matrix Colorcaretherapie vials (I have alot of hair, could of got away with three, but I wasted a bit with the first vial, more later).

Went to the salon.

She rinsed and applied the Chroma Riche Masque.

Well, my hair was hard, but not in a bad way. It's like a strong, smooth hard.

She rollerset with the Chroma Thermique mixed with Oleo Slim Thermique and a little of the Fluide Chroma Riche serum (she's a bit of a mixologist, so it was only a little of each).

Anyways, by the time she was done, my hair was smooth, and strong.

The jury is still out on the vials, considering that I used the fiberguard which has protein, I can't really tell, and I attribute the hardness more to that than anything.

Next time I will mix the vial into my conditioner.

But, Kerastase has it hands down so far. I prefer the spray application method. The first use of the matrix vial, the top fell off and I wasted a bit.

The kerastase vials also provide a more coated, slippery feeling. I will try the Matrix vials a bit more, but I doubt I will like it better than the Kerastase.

Next week will definitely be a moisture week!

LushLox

Can you guys just stop already! I can't take it! :lachen:

Thanks for the review though Miss Bermuda, I love me some Kerastase. :)

ElegantExotic

OK, I will do a quick update.

I have used this twice since my initial review and the results have been AMAZING!!!

HOWEVER, the major difference is mixing the vial into your conditioner and using heat, as opposed to applying to the hair separately.

The first time I mixed, I mixed a vial of colortherapie in Kerastase Masquintense and Kerastase Chroma Riche, and went under the steamer. The results were amazing!!! Smooth, sleek, strong, and super shiny!!!

The second time I mixed, I added to vials into Affirm 5 in 1 and Masquintense. Again, fantastic results!!!

So my advice to users of the Matrix vials is to add it into your fave conditioners as a booster, instead of using it alone. The difference is huge, and amazing!!!

It won't replace my Kerastase vials (which I can use alone for amazing results), but it will definitely be a staple in my regimen as a booster for my conditioners.

Last edited:

Vintageglam

This is exactly what I do and I get far better results.

OK, I will do a quick update.

I have used this twice since my initial review and the results have been AMAZING!!!

HOWEVER, the major difference is mixing the vial into your conditioner and using heat, as opposed to applying to the hair separately.

The first time I mixed, I mixed a vial of colortherapie in Kerastase Masquintense and Kerastase Chroma Riche, and went under the steamer. The results were amazing!!! Smooth, sleek, strong, and super shiny!!!

The second time I mixed, I added to vials into Affirm 5 in 1 and Masquintense. Again, fantastic results!!!

So my advice to users of the Matrix vials is to add it into your fave conditioners as a booster, instead of using it alone. The difference is huge, and amazing!!!

It won't replace my Kerastase vials (which I can use alone for amazing results), but it will definitely be a staple in my regimen as a booster for my conditioners.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I May try adding to Conditioners. (Instead of applying alone). My 1st Box of 10 I used alone. Perhaps with this next box I will 'Change It Up'

Thanks Ladies.:grin:

KinkyGenius

Initially that's how I used the vials as well, but my past wash last week I used the vials alone, put on a shower cap and sat under my dryer for 15 minutes and the difference was remarkable. I think my hair prefers that I don't mix.

Thanks for the update!

Vintageglam

Anyone tried these new Matrix Treatments - they also have ceramides.... It seems like they are targeting Afro hair with the coconut oils and "dry/ frizzy" angle.... :scratchch

Matrix Sleek Look Smooth Recovery Treatment 5x20ml
Enriched with a smoothing blend of Apricot and Coconut Oils, also containing Ceramide, Sleek Smooth Recovery Treatment replenishes the hair and protects against damage from heat styling and enviornmental stresses. Regular use provides long-lasting results. Use this treatment if you have dry, frizzy, coarse or unmanageble hair.

Coffee

I just won some Biolage Cera -4 Pro HydraTherapie on Ebay for $22 incl shipping.

Last edited:

Bluetopia

I just won some Biolage Cera -4 Pro HydraTherapie on Ebay for $22 incl shipping. It's the 10 glass vials.

ladies im a bit confused and concerned by some of the reviews stating that depending on how you use the vials it can make your hair hard.

as someone who is recovering from protein overload is Biolage HydraTherapie safe to use for people who have protein sensitivity??

at $20+ for a box I want to make sure that I'm not making matters worse. The only thing I'm interested in is long lasting moisture and elasticity. Because Phyto no-lye has robbed me of both :ohwell:

So can i safely buy the HydraTherapie or non?

Aggie

ladies im a bit confused and concerned by some of the reviews stating that depending on how you use the vials it can make your hair hard.

as someone who is recovering from protein overload is Biolage HydraTherapie safe to use for people who have protein sensitivity??

at $20+ for a box I want to make sure that I'm not making matters worse. The only thing I'm interested in is long lasting moisture and elasticity. Because Phyto no-lye has robbed me of both :ohwell:

So can i safely buy the HydraTherapie or non?

The Hydratherapie is moisturizing and the fortetherapie is the one with protein-like effects in it. Remember ceramides themselves are not proteins but act like them to fortify, strengthen and provide needed elasticity in the hair.

I would of course use with caution if you have major concerns about using them. If you must, mix them some moisturizing conditioner and apply together.

I can use them once a week without issues, whereas you may have to use them once every 2 weeks or so because of your hair's sensitivity to proteins. Remember one can experience protein overload if they are not equally using moisture treatments to balance it off.

Last edited:

Coffee

I ordered the ForteTherapie Cera-Repair Pro and won the Hydratherapie Cera- Repair Pro on eBay. I can't wait to use them :yep:.

Ese88

bump! how are people still liking the hydratherapie cera repair? Im thinking of getting some