Cera-Repair / Biolage USERS GET IN HERE!!!!

shortee

Hi ladies,

I have been reading and reading different threads about ceraminds and how they are good for your hair, so i decided to have a friend of mine pick up the Cera-Repair Pro4 which only cost me $16 :grin:. I was wondering what other products do you use by Biolage? How do you like it? What your regime is when you use the cera-repair?

I am looking to strengthen my hair as much as possible so i want to stick to one line (hopefully Biolage) so if any one has used there fortifying shampoo/ conditioner or there strengthening shampoo/conditioner please post your reviews.

Also whats all the fuss about the leave in tonic?

TIA

Last edited:

natieya

I have some hydrotherapie cera-repair as well. I haven't used it much because I haven't been able to notice a real difference in my hair when using them. Hopefully someone will chime in so I can start to notice what to look for...and to help you with your questions of course, lol. :rolleyes:

chamomile

&

:drunk::yep::spinning:

I mixed one tube of the Fortherapie cera-repair with the matching conditioner and slathered it on my dry hair. Rinsed 1 hour later ...and HEAVEN. It made my hair feel strong, yet detangled and supersoft.

Ceramides are lipids that act like protein, but are more beneficial for relaxed hair. That's about all I know LOL, so hopefully someone can jump in and elaborate.

....heheheh, stole these from my mom SHHH! :sekret::lachen:

jetera21

I use to deep condition with the Ultra Hydrating Balm mixed with EVOO, twice a week. It's very good for really damaged hair. The only reason I don't do it now is because I have a sew-in. But as fas as the Cera-repair, you're suppose to get the initial conditioning treatment at the salon, which I think is not the same product you buy. The Cera-repair is the follow up treatments.

Evazhair

I use the hydratherapie professional treatment every 6-8 weeks and maybe use the home treatment once in between. You can buy both in stores/online.
It does what it claims to do for me. You are supposed to pick the one that fits your hair needs: forte, color, hydra.... I don't use any of the other products but I have read posts where people have success with them.

Aggie

Hi ladies,

I have been reading and reading different threads about ceraminds and how they are good for your hair, so i decided to have a friend of mine pick up the Cera-Repair Pro4 which only cost me $16 :grin:. I was wondering what other products do you use by Biolage? How do you like it? What your regime is when you use the cera-repair?

I am looking to strengthen my hair as much as possible so i want to stick to one line (hopefully Biolage) so if any one has used there fortifying shampoo/ conditioner or there strengthening shampoo/conditioner please post your reviews.

Also whats all the fuss about the leave in tonic?

TIA

I use both the professional and the at home versions of the hydratherapie and fortetherapie treatments and I have to admit, Ilike the at home version better. The professional one is watery. I sometimes mix them in my Biolage Ultra hydrating balm:lick:, very moisturizing and leaves my hair silky, detangled and very manageable.

The shampoos are another story as they have way too much sulfates in them for my liking. They stripped my hair dry and I had the fotrifying poo, the hydrating one, the normalizing one, and the matrix one for hair thickening I think. I will not be purcasing these again:nono:. I will strick with more moisturizing poos and more natural hair poos:yep:.

&

:drunk::yep::spinning:

I mixed one tube of the Fortherapie cera-repair with the matching conditioner and slathered it on my dry hair. Rinsed 1 hour later ...and HEAVEN. It made my hair feel strong, yet detangled and supersoft.

Ceramides are lipids that act like protein, but are more beneficial for relaxed hair. That's about all I know LOL, so hopefully someone can jump in and elaborate.

....heheheh, stole these from my mom SHHH! :sekret::lachen:

Co-signing with this post.

I use to deep condition with the Ultra Hydrating Balm mixed with EVOO, twice a week. It's very good for really damaged hair. The only reason I don't do it now is because I have a sew-in. But as fas as the Cera-repair, you're suppose to get the initial conditioning treatment at the salon, which I think is not the same product you buy. The Cera-repair is the follow up treatments.

Co-signing also withthis post. When I want really soft hair, all I have to do is add one of these tubes to one of my favorite deep conditioner and Voila! Soft, silky and smooth, yum yum.

shortee

Thanks ladies for the help. I actually used the cera-repair yesterday, but I didn't mix it with anything. I think that's what will do in two weeks after I get my relaxer. I tried the leave in tonic and the hydraying balm but my hair was dry and crunchy so I returned them.

Does anyone know how often I can use the cera-repair pro4? Tia

Aggie

Thanks ladies for the help. I actually used the cera-repair yesterday, but I didn't mix it with anything. I think that's what will do in two weeks after I get my relaxer. I tried the leave in tonic and the hydraying balm but my hair was dry and crunchy so I returned them.

Does anyone know how often I can use the cera-repair pro4? Tia

I find it to be a little on the mild to medium protein side and I used it every 2 weeks when it was needed. I don't need it quite as often anymore because my hair is in much better condition now.

lavenderchic

Biolage Product Guide Cera-Repair Pro4™ - hydrathérapie in-salon treatment

• Cera-Repair Pro4™, in-salon treatments, use patented ceramide to dramatically repair and reinforce hair’s natural protective layer.
• A unique fusion of Matrix science and customized formulas enriched with
hibiscus, algae or ginseng, tailored to treat hair-type specific needs.

Professional Stylist Tip
Applied in-salon after shampooing, Cera-Repair Pro4™ needs just 5-10 minutes to vastly improve hair's condition, making it easier than ever for busy women to revitalize their locks without adding extra time to salon visits. .
Matrix Expert Tip
“With the array of styling and service options available today, many women are overworking their hair. Roughly 77% of women receive chemical services and the vast majority regularly heat style, so the numbers point to the need for this service,” said Paul Smith, Matrix Vice President of Education. “New BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Pro4™ and Cera-Repair® are revolutionary options to effectively repair and dramatically revitalize hair in both a cost-effective and time-efficient manner.”

Biolage Product Guide hydrathérapie Cera-Repair® at-home treatment

• Cera-Repair™, home maintenance treatments, prolong hair’s salon-renewed health and manageability.
• Maintains moisture & softness
• Repairs & strengthens

Professional Stylist Tip

With a less intensive concentration of the Ceramides found in the Pro4 treatment, this crème-gel can be used once a week for five weeks, providing the ticket to red carpet-worthy tresses. Simply replace regular conditioner with one tube of Cera-Repair® for hair that looks amazingly healthy, shiny and revitalized from one salon visit to the next.

Matrix website
http://www.matrix.com/products/biolage/hydratherapie.aspx

lavenderchic

BIOLAGE INTRODUCES THE ULTIMATE STAR TREATMENT: NEW Cera-Repair Pro4

Everyone wants their hair to look good, but for Tinseltown's hottest stars, it's an absolute must. Just in time to help Hollywood's tresses recover from the wear and tear of awards season, BIOLAGE introduces NEW Cera-Repair.

The first-ever in-salon service from the number one salon brand, BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Pro4 is a professional strength treatment that instantly transforms hair's condition using patented Ceramide technology. Ideal for all hair types, the liquid formula allows for deep penetration to fill, seal and protect, offering a more intense, effective treatment than traditional creams or masks - and is also completely safe for use after color or texture services. The powerful blend relies on A-list ingredients like Citrus, Green Tea and Hibiscus to provide a variety of nourishing benefits according to hair's needs.

Applied in-salon after shampooing, Cera-Repair Pro4 needs just 5-10 minutes to vastly improve hair's condition, making it easier than ever for busy women to revitalize their locks without adding extra time to salon visits. Additionally, the application of Cera-Repair Pro4 via either a soothing or energizing shiatsu scalp massage ensures coverage of every strand while truly bringing the Biolage salon visit into the spa realm.

To extend the benefits of Cera-Repair Pro4 between stylist visits, BIOLAGE also has developed Cera-Repair, a retail at-home maintenance treatment. With a less intensive concentration of the Ceramides found in the Pro4 treatment, this crème-gel can be used once a week for five weeks, providing the ticket to red carpet-worthy tresses. Simply replace regular conditioner with one tube of Cera-Repair for hair that looks amazingly healthy, shiny and revitalized from one salon visit to the next.

"With the array of styling and service options available today, many women are overworking their hair. Roughly 77% of women receive chemical services and the vast majority regularly heat style, so the numbers point to the need for this service," said Paul Smith, Matrix Vice President of Education. "New BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Pro4 and Cera-Repair are revolutionary options to effectively repair and dramatically revitalize hair in both a cost-effective and time-efficient manner."

BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Pro4 and Cera-Repair come in three customized formulas, allowing the stylist to prescribe the correct therapeutic regimen according to hair's needs:

hydrathèrapie - Helps moisturize dry, damaged hair to repair with algae and aloe vera
colorcarethèrapie - Rosemary helps eliminate dulling residue to enhance color radiance, while hibiscus and chamomile add shine
fortethèrapie - Strengthens weak, overworked hair with ginseng and mango to revitalize and moisturize
hydrathèrapie - Helps moisturize dry, damaged hair to repair with algae and aloe vera
colorcarethèrapie - Rosemary helps eliminate dulling residue to enhance color radiance, while hibiscus and chamomile add shine
fortethèrapie - Strengthens weak, overworked hair with ginseng and mango to revitalize and moisturize

Each Formula Follows a Winning Script:
Fill in weak spots to repair damage - A reparative compound of wheat proteins and patented Ceramides reduces breakage while strengthening and conditioning hair
Seal in benefits for long lasting results - Conditioning agents and Cationic Polymers add moisture, softness and control
Enhance with a unique combination of botanicals - A botanical fusion of lemon, apple and sugar cane helps balance pH levels and preserve radiance while Green Tea acts as an antioxidant
BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Pro4 and Cera-Repair will premiere in salons Summer 2005. The service price for Cera-Repair Pro4 ranges from $15-25+, depending on the salon. Cera-Repair retails for $14.95/five tubes.

Dposh167

Didnt they discontinue this!?....it was on clearance for 5.00 in ulta. They took all of them off the shelves..and never restocked. im sure there are more online...but i cant buy em in the store anymore. So i stocked up just incase

natieya

I just want to say that I hadn't really used this product a lot when I first got it, but recently my hair had lost all elasticity and softness. I clarified with Elucence shampoo and then put this on, sat under my Pibbs for about 20 mins and then rinsed. My hair is now perfect. It's soft, smooth, pliable, elastic,...everything I want it to be. Don't sleep on this stuff! :grin:

shortee

Hello ladies,

I use it every week depending on how i feel. i like to mix it with my conditioner bc I noticed that it makes my hair get knotted w/o conditioner. Besides that it works well for me. :yep:

ElegantExotic

Bumping!

I use the Kerastase vials (Aqua Oleum, Vita Ciment, & Oleo Fusion), and am interested in trying the salon vials of the matrix cera-repair pro 4.

Will purchase and report back.

lilsparkle825

never heard of this before, but i love the conditioning balm. with honey and grapeseed oil, it is my staple DC.

i hope i like the shampoo because i need a shampoo that doesn't dry my hair out and i got three of the shampoo/CB sets from trade secret off the sale rack for $10 last week. if i don't like it, i guess i will swap it on makeup alley.

LushLox

First time I used the hydratherapie I was sold, second time even more so. I used it without mixing it with anything else to assess it's effectiveness on it's own and it's a winner; I went out and ordered the fortherapie immediately. My hair felt so good and soft and I had quite a few stares when I went out. I didn't need to moisturise for days afterwards.

ETA I also bought the fortifying leave in which feels great in my hair, but also thinking about the Daily Tonic, anyone used this? It seems to get very positive reviews.

Last edited:

taz007

I mixed some Cera-repair Hydratherapie into my Phyto II and :drunk: :love:

My hair has never felt so soft or looked so shiny after a no-lye relaxer.

I just ordered the Fortetherapie. :lick:

ElegantExotic

Ok, so I purchased the Colorcaretherapie & Fortetherapie Pro4 vials. I will come back and do a comparison review of it with the Kerastase vials once I receive and use them.

Americka

I mixed a vial of the Cera-Repair with Skala G3 Ceramides masque and dc'd. I am still under the dryer as I type. I KNOW the Skala works because I only moisturized ONCE last week and I really didn't need to then. I added the CR to the Skala hoping it would "kick it up another notch". So I shall see if I need to moisturize before the next wash day.

Vintageglam

Hi OP - I use the Matrix Ceramides too (especially when I was relaxing with No Lye).

Anyway this is how I use the Matrix Hydratherapie Cera Repair (btw I use the Vials Not the tubes you have shown -check them out in my Fotki);

1. I usually pre-poo with oils
2. I then shampoo with a non sulphate shampoo
3. I then towel dry my hair (gently squeezing out moisture as I read something about DC-ing being better on non dripping wet hair).
4. I then saturate my hair (esp the driest parts such as the ends) with the contents of the Vial.
5. I then Add my favourite DC on top and then sit under my steamer/ heat cap for 20 -40 mins depending on how I am feeling.
6. Rinse out thoroughly and then add your favourite leave in. Mine are Mizani H20 Intense (which also has Ceramides) or NTM.
7. Dry hair as you see fit.

Btw I know that some women also use the Matrix Biolage DC Conditioner with the Ceramide Vials but I think any decent "fattening" and "moisturising" DC such as MIzani Moisturefuse, Keracare Humecto, Nexxus Humectress or even Cholesterol will work.

HTH's

ElegantExotic

Hi OP - I use the Matrix Ceramides too (especially when I was relaxing with No Lye).

Anyway this is how I use the Matrix Hydratherapie Cera Repair (btw I use the Vials Not the tubes you have shown -check them out in my Fotki);

1. I usually pre-poo with oils
2. I then shampoo with a non sulphate shampoo
3. I then towel dry my hair (gently squeezing out moisture as I read something about DC-ing being better on non dripping wet hair).
4. I then saturate my hair (esp the driest parts such as the ends) with the contents of the Vial.
5. I then Add my favourite DC on top and then sit under my steamer/ heat cap for 20 -40 mins depending on how I am feeling.
6. Rinse out thoroughly and then add your favourite leave in. Mine are Mizani H20 Intense (which also has Ceramides) or NTM.
7. Dry hair as you see fit.

Btw I know that some women also use the Matrix Biolage DC Conditioner with the Ceramide Vials but I think any decent "fattening" and "moisturising" DC such as MIzani Moisturefuse, Keracare Humecto, Nexxus Humectress or even Cholesterol will work.

HTH's

This is sort of what I do with the Kerastase treatment vials.

I apply, massage into the hair, and then cover with a shower cap for an hour or so, then I top with a masque (usually Masquintense) and go under the steamer or put the cap back on and then head to the salon.