CB Smoothe Day

Spagirl

Today I decided to try some of the CB Smoothe products. I started off wanting to clarify my hair 1st. For this I used Pure and Basic Clarifying Shampoo. After 2 applications of this shampoo and no lather nor clarified feel to the hair I ended up using Jason's E.F.A. shampoo though not a clarifier at least my hair felt clean. I then applied CB Smoothe's 6 in 1 Reconstructor Creme. This product has a powdery kind of Jergen's lotion scent to it. I put on a plastic cap and got under the dryer for about 30 mins then rinsed. I was so-o-o into how nice, smooth and untangled my hair felt that I forgot to use my shower comb in the process until after I turned off the water. No snags or tangles to report. I then went on and apply the Triple Silk Deep Penetrating Conditioner for about 15 mins under the dryer. Though not bad, I liked the feel of the reconstructor better when rinsing out. After doing my normal Giovanni's leave-in followed by WGO I wrapped my hair. Realizing I had forgotten to put any setting lotion on, I pulled out my styling product bag and much to my surprise I found some of CB Smoothe's Foaming Mousse. I apply this to my already wrapped hair. I can't really say much about this product due to the unconventional way I used it. After unwrapping my hair I apply some hair greases (in honor of the V-Challengers) to my hair and flat ironed. The end result was nice. My likes so far is for the Reconstructor the other products I will have to use again to see if it would be something I would purchase again.

I have CB Smoothe Creme Hair Sheen on hand but opted not to use. It has Dimethicone 350 in it. In that the Triple Silk has Dimethicone in it I wanted to limit the amount of "Cone" usage in my hair at one time.

See "Hair Down" folder for products and final hair results pic. Link is below.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yep, your hair looks amazing

CB Smoothe, huh...

Lindy

Spagirl,

Thanks for the reviews and your hair is just AWESOME!! It looks really thick and healthy, and it's so black and shiny!! Lookin good, girl!!!

adrienne0914

girl, your hair looks just FAB!! i've never even heard of this product line before! where do you get it? your hair wasn't stiff from using all of those products on it?

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
girl, your hair looks just FAB!! i've never even heard of this product line before! where do you get it? your hair wasn't stiff from using all of those products on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Adrienne. I purchase mine through a
secret, nonrefundable, source but I hear that Sheldez has it possibly on back order.

Girl, I guess I should post the pic before I flat ironed. I'm going to piggy back my answer to another members question here as well.

After doing my hair I felt I needed something more since it didn't have the look I wanted (smooth, shiny look Edited to add: the word I was looking for here is "Silky looking". ). Two thoughts came to mind, V-Challengers and hair pressers. So I ended up pulling out my flat iron and the 2 extra products (PJ stash):

<ul type="square"> 1. Fantstix Hair Thickener with Pure WheatGerm Oil and Honey. I chose this because I thought the ingredient listing was interesting (modified V-Challenger):

Petrolatum, Rudol, Bergamont, Wheat Germ Oil, Hydorgenated Vegetable Oils, Castor Oil, Quinine Sulphate, Cholesterol, Vitamine #, Honey Glycerine, Fragrance.

2. Kay Vel Curl Wave My thinking was to use something to protect my hair from the the flat iron since I presently don't own any thermal protectant (that I'm aware of...PJ stash). [/list]

With all that on my hair I will probably have to do the same thing that I would have ended up having to do if I had used the CB Smoothe Creme Hair Sheen. Which is to clarify before the 1st sign of trouble.

To answer your question about stiffness my hair still moves when I swing my head but the movement is limited to hairs beyond the nape area (my length hair moves not cap area if that makes sense). This I think is due to those 2 extra products since I didn't use much of the foam nor did I use it properly. The CB Smoothe Conditioning Foaming Mousee probably wasn't a good substitue for setting lotion/wrapping foam for I didn't get the smooth, shiny look I wanted. The label says "Adds body, bouncy and shine. In that I didn't use it properly I'll give it a 2nd chance to see if it can redeem itself.

For those who are wondering here are the ingredient listing for CB Smoothe's Creme Hair Sheen: <ul type="square">
Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, cetearyl alcohol and ceteareth-20, glycerin, lanolin wax, dimethicone 350, polysorbate 60, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol and dm dm hydantoin and methylparaben and propylparaben, fragrance, vitamin A &amp; D, vitamin E [/list]

Spagirl

Allandra: Your welcome.

I've also posted my before flat ironing snip it of a picture for anyone who is interested.