CASTOR OIL

QB

Hi all,

Please tell me the best way to use castor oil to thicken my hair. Should I apply it to my scalp or to my hair, also should I mix it with anything? Thanks in advance for any advice.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
What works for ME is mixing my castor oil with conditioner and letting it sit overnight on a daily basis.

nycutiepie

I sometimes apply it to my scalp and I also mix it with my conditioner for deep conditioning. I also seal my moisturizer (NTM) with it. However, lately I've been lazy and I've been mixing the castor oil and the NTM in my palm and rubbing it in my hair as a one step process. It's been working out well so I might stick with it.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Brendab27713 said:
so EMJAZZY you wash your hair everyday or do you use a leave in conditioner?

I just rinse it out with plain water and style as usual...it's basically co-washing... something that I said I wasn't going to do since it's so cold outside, but my hair thrives off of co-washing so that's why I started doing it again.

It must be making my hair thick because my MIL (mother-in-law) commented on how thick my hair looks to her.

imstush

I use it on my scalp and when my hair starts to look dry I put it on my hair right before I take a shower and let the steam and the castor oil work it's wonders. So far it's been keeping my hair really moisturized.

carpediem628

I pour Jamaican Black Castor Oil into an applicator tip bottle, and every night or every other night, I just apply it to my scalp. The applicator tip allows the oil to go directly on my scalp without making my hair oily.

I then massage my scalp and tie my hair up. In the morning, the oil has distributed itself throughout my hair and my hair is just shiny and soft.

cutiebe2

I use it to grease my scalp..I only do this after washing, so 2x per week. I also use it on my edges.

blackbarbie

I use mine on my scalp. I apply it in a color applicator bottle and drizzle it on my scalp nightly. My hair thanks me for it b/c it is def. thicker:)

toniy

I use it every day. It is in all of my moisturizers/conditioners. I also pour it directly on my ends to seal.

eajaye2u

Co-signing with all of the above. Recently did a new thing with it and added it to my relaxer to slow down processing time. The result was soft, thick hair.

FlutterGirl

I've heard castor oil is the same thing as l'huile masketi, is that true ? If not what the hell is in l'huile masketi (palma christi) :confused:

Isis

FlutterGirl said:
I've heard castor oil is the same thing as l'huile masketi, is that true ? If not what the hell is in l'huile masketi (palma christi) :confused:
Yes, it's the same thing as Palma Christi or the Palm of Christ. Castor oil is truly a miracle oil and has so many healing benefits.

GlamourGirl

carpediem628 said:
I pour Jamaican Black Castor Oil into an applicator tip bottle, and every night or every other night, I just apply it to my scalp. The applicator tip allows the oil to go directly on my scalp without making my hair oily.

I then massage my scalp and tie my hair up. In the morning, the oil has distributed itself throughout my hair and my hair is just shiny and soft.

This sounds like such a good idea. I've never thought about using it this way but I think I'm going to try it.

tyboogie

I mix castor oil in my conditioners. I use the oil especially when i am stretching my relaxers, it makes my ng softer and managable. I also use it on my ends as well.

CoffeeBean

I've never tried black castor oil but I LOVE my regular castor oil. I use Giovanni Direct leave-in on the ends then seal w/ castor oil. Whatever is left I rub throughout.

chayil0427

Did someone say castor oil? :drunk:

I just applied it sparingly to the length of my hair concentrating on the ends. It made my hair look and feel delicious. I'm not sure if it actually THICKENS or just makes the hair look and feel thicker, but it works wonders.

Chayil

chayil0427

Oh, Another castor oil tip I have is to mix the castor oil with proclaim glossing polish, fantasia IC, or some other silicon based polish. This thins the oils and makes it easier to work with.

I dilute mine with proclaim glossing polish and it works great...the proclaim also adds some heat protection and gives your hair slip when dentagling.

Also, castor oil soaks in over night. So don't be upset if it's a lil sticky ...just cover your hair with silk or satin and it should soak in nicely overnight.

Chayil