Fine & relaxed using Castor OIl.......????

Baby Girl

MY hair is fine and relaxed. How can I use castor oil to thicken up my hair. When I apply it to my scalp it weighs my hair done and makes it stringy.

I stretch my relaxers and airdry

How can I use it to thicken my hair?

cynd

You don't have to use too much, or even use it full strength to get the benefits you're looking for. Try mixing it with an oil with lower viscosity like jojoba or grape seed oil.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm medium/thick and texlaxed, but castor oil weighs down my hair as well. I don't use it anymore, but when I used to use it, I found that using it as a prepoo worked better than as a sealer.

JBCO is also heavier that CO, so maybe using the clearer one might be better.

Diluting castor oil with another lighter oil works well to if you wish to use it on dry hair as it will still provide the thickness qualities of the oil you are seeking as well as not weighing the hair down.

Last, another way it worked for me was by mixing it in deep conditioner. I would separate the amount I was using and add castor oil to it.

Using castor oil on dry hair was a no no for me, but on wet hair, it went really well.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Lissa0821

I have to agree using it as a preppy worked best for me. I have stopped using it because it was difficult to wash out of my hair.

Kinky4Agirl

I buy the jamaican black castor oil hair food which is light and fluffy. Then I add JBCO to it. I then put it on my scalp and it is light and doesn't weigh my hair down.

PJaye

Although I'm not a relaxed head, I do have fine strands and castor oil has been a long-time staple of mine. I always add it to my DCs in addition to using it as a sealant (mixed with other oils) on wet hair. I absolutely love it.

My advice would be for you to slowly introduce it into your regimen so that you can ascertain its efficacy.

pearlific1

I am relaxed and I only use it to seal on freshly shampoo'd & conditioned hair. I cannot use it when my hair is dry.

mshoneyfly

I love it mixed with coconut oil. Its too thick on its own. I like mixing HBCO with coconut oil too. This way I can seal with it on dry or damp hair without any problems. I can oil my scalp with plain HBCO with no problems though.

I just got my order of JBCO extra dark in the mail today!! Cant wait to try it out. I will probably add it to my next DC.

EnExitStageLeft

Although I'm not a relaxed head, I do have fine strands and castor oil has been a long-time staple of mine. I always add it to my DCs in addition to using it as a sealant (mixed with other oils) on wet hair. I absolutely love it.

My advice would be for you to slowly introduce it into your regimen so that you can ascertain its efficacy.

I'm Texturized with fine strands and I agree with everything she said above. I use it for just about everything like, sealing, a scalp oil, a DC additive, on my ends, a shine enhancer....EVERYTHING! I love castor oil.