Castor oil, oh my!!!!

alexstin

For all you ladies that raved about castor oil, THANK YOU!:D I'm 10 1/2 weeks post and just washed my hair yesterday. I put in a leavei n and then a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil. My new growth is so soft!!!!

This will definitely be a staple.:D

morehairplease

alexstin said:
For all you ladies that raved about castor oil, THANK YOU!:D I'm 10 1/2 weeks post and just washed my hair yesterday. I put in a leavei n and then a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil. My new growth is so soft!!!!

will def. have to try this.

TrustMeLove

mscolwhite,

how do youuse castor oil on your skin?

I have a whole bottle, I know I bought it for something (because of the boards probably) , but I can't figure out what for? lol sad I know.

napgurl

TrustMeLove said:
mscolwhite,

how do youuse castor oil on your skin?

I have a whole bottle, I know I bought it for something (because of the boards probably) , but I can't figure out what for? lol sad I know.
I have dry skin. At night after I wash my face I apply a small amount to my face while my skin is still damp. After about 7 days my face is smooth and radian. It is the best moisturizer.

Mestiza

I absolutely
Castor Oil and Coconut Oil, also!

carameldiva

yesssssssssssss ma'm- i love me some castor oil- can't be without that one. My staple oils include castor oil, palm oil, pomace b olive oil and coconut oil.

Armyqt

Love it too. I mix mine with jojoba oil, peppermint oil and rosemary oil. It works great in my relaxed hair and my daughters naturals.

Keen

alexstin said:

I have to agree with you. I have braids. My new growth typically feels crunchy because I don't oil them enough. I used some castor oil the last time I washed, I went 4 days without feeling any crunches. When I wash my braids this weekend, I will do a hot oil treatment with castor oil.

I use the Jamaican black castor oil.

alexstin

gorgeoushair said:
What kind of castor oil are ya'll using?

I used regular castor oil(not Jamaican black). I purchased the Heritage brand from the health food store.

Sosoothing

Keen said:
I have to agree with you. I have braids. My new growth typically feels crunchy because I don't oil them enough. I used some castor oil the last time I washed, I went 4 days without feeling any crunches. When I wash my braids this weekend, I will do a hot oil treatment with castor oil.

I use the Jamaican black castor oil.

Where do you purchase the black castor oil? Does any one know if there is a difference between the black castor oil and the regular kind?

Teacake

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

alexstin

Teacake said:
I might have to try this. I'm trying not to be a product junkie, but so many get positive results from this.

Girl, it's so hard to not buy everything that gets raves. I was going through this earlier today with the Amla oil.

Be strong!!:lol:

carameldiva

i'm using regular castor oil- i get a gallon for $14 + shipping and handling at www.thechemistrystore.com

For those ladies curious about the Jamaica black castor oil- it can be found at www.sams24-7.com

hope this helps.

Sincerely_Ciara

In my opinion, I think that Jamaician Black Castor Oil should be used as a hot oil treatment only because its so thick, or If you wanna use it for regular use just make sure you put it in the microwave to thin it out. Let it cool before you put it on your hair, I learned from my mistake. LOL!

Parvathi

lwill38 said:
can castor oil be found in a store? if so what section? Thanks!

Amanda, it can be found at any Asian/Korean market if you want the clear castor oil.

If you wish to get the Jamaican Black Castor Oil you can either order it at Sams 24/7 (their website was listed a page back) or get it at a West Indian health food store.

I personally prefer the black castor oil and highly recommend it for managing new growth.

HTH!

carameldiva

You can also find it at Walmart, CVS, Riteaid and Walgreens- it is in the laxative section- however i found it much cheaper to buy it online in bulk.

Suri

I use Jamaican Black Castor Oil and it's really good for everything. I put it in conditioner and massage my hair/temples/nape with it from time to time. Good stuff!

napgurl

I remember looking at pictures of my mother before she had me. She grew up in South Carolina in a sheer cropping family. While all her sister's 4b hair was short and dry her 4b hair was thick shiny and tailbone length. I asked her why her hair was so different and she told me she braided her hair every night with castor oil.

She also used this in my hair when I was younger and I had healthy long hair. Of course I strayed away when I got grown. But after a while I started wondering why my hair now gives me so much trouble, it used to be so strong I could do anything to it and I it still would thrive. Then I remembered that I stopped using castor oil. I'm back on track now. I use it every night and I am also putting it in my daughter's hair. It is doing wonders for all of us.

I use regular castor oil. I rub in my hands and then rub it on the ends. I also rub it in the scalp the day before I wash. And I do hot oil treatments with in twice a month. I also now made a mixture of castor oil, olive oil and sulfur -- this too is very good (a mini mtg cocktail).

Country gal

I use the clear Castor Oil from Vitamin Shop. My hair always feels so smooth and soft. It also is good on the skin but sticky.

I never tried the black castor oil. I would love for someone who has tried the clear and black to give me a comparison analysis. Is the black castor oil really worth all the hype?

Country gal

alexstin said:
How long before you noticed thicker hair??

I started using it to thicken up my hair line. It took no time at all for my sides to grow in more fuller. I use castor oil to grease my scalp on wash day. I am considering oiling it more often.