*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

Adonia1987

I am dropping out of this challenge... I discovered Bhringraj oil and haven't used JBCO since...Good luck everyone!

Aggie

Just did my sulfur/jbco scalp masssage, moisturized with BB Oil Moisturizer and sealed my ends with jbco.

faithVA

Applied my coffee castor oil blend to my scalp last night and gave myself a scalp massage and then twisted it up. The blend is working well for me its not too thick, too stick or too oily. I can put my hands in my hair and not come back with a ton of oil. Nice!

I definitely will make the coffee oil again.

faithVA

Hit my crown and edges again tonight. I definitely want to do my edges every day. I will give applying it daily to my crown a try. If it gets too oily then I will try every other day.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@Ms_CoCo37 - I believe we touched on the JBCO in the BSS a couple weeks ago. The brand is Tropic Isle Living. I now there is a Tropic Isle that is legit, but I don't think it says Living, could be wrong. It was $8 for a 4oz bottle, shoot that bottle looked smaller than 4oz.

TruMe

Finally tested the castor oil/coconut oil mix last night. I think I like it. I also put it in an applicator bottle so it was MUCH easier to apply to my scalp. Although, I wasn't expecting it to solidify since I was doing 50/50. Oh well, I just hate having to melt it every time I use it.

FindingMe

Steamed mini-twists last night with a mix of JBCO, almond oil and jojoba oil....:love: it!!! Ends are super moisturized and hair is very soft...not oily or greasy...Loved it!!! I am also in the steaming challenge which runs through the end of March, so as long as my hair is in mini-twists, I will for sure be doing this once a week....

I have added JBCO *once* since I steamed Sunday and my hair is *STILL* soft, smooth and moisturized. After I steamed with the oils, I washed with SM poo and added more oil and that was it. SOOOO simple, yet so effective for me...:drunk: I think I am going to steam with a mixture of oils from now on:yep:

Ms_CoCo37

Golden75, 4 oz wouldn't do anything for me. LOL! I can't remember where I was, but the other day I saw an 8 oz bottle for $13 and change. Of course it was the real deal. Now if I can just remember where I saw it.

kupenda

Massaged with castor oil last night. My scalp was sore yesterday and it's still sore today. Aw man :-/

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

skyslady

I found a castor seed oil from a local Indian Store that I like and I've been messaging it into my scalp, concentrating on my edges 3x's a week.

LimitedEdition

I straightened my hair for the first time in 3 months. I got my regular 1/2 an inch a month. I'm a liytle disappointed, I wanted to see more growth. None the less Im staying faithful to applying CO to my edges and ends.

TruMe

Castor oil everyday may be too heavy for my hair. The last time I applied it was Wednesday evening and still this morning it is still oily. I think I will just the amount I use by half and stick with everyday.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Not in this challenge but that's all I have been using on my scalp for a while and my hair keeps getting thicker and thicker. Definitely a staple for me.

I AM...

Applied JBCO to my edges and my crown. It weighs my hair down something awful but It is strong and well moisturized. I've been using this for months and will continue. I also did a scalp massage.

faithVA

[USER=246186 said:
TruMe[/USER];15146803]Castor oil everyday may be too heavy for my hair. The last time I applied it was Wednesday evening and still this morning it is still oily. I think I will just the amount I use by half and stick with everyday.

You can always try diluting it with a thinner oil to make it more useable. I use a castor oil blend versus the straight castor oil. I have mixed mine with sunflower oil, wheat germ oil, flax seed oil and coconut oil. I can apply it without the greasy effect.

FindingMe

Recently, I have been adding JBCO as a pre-poo (30m) before I wash (sulfate free) or co-wash my hair. I then add a little more JCBO to the ends and my hair has been SUPER moisturized. My hair loves JBCO :spinning:

OMG!!!!! This is a keeper for me- so glad I did this challenge.

Since my hair is liking JBCO, I also just bought
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Organic Shampoo with Shea Butter 8 oz

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KIU14O/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details
and Jamaican Black Castor Oil Protein Hair Conditioner to alternate with my oils for steaming

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CTVSKC/ref=oh_o02_s00_i01_details

Has anyone used these before? (Meanwhile, I'll do a forum search and post back what I find out)

ETA threads I found:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=15150283#post15150283

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=15150319#post15150319

Last edited:

Phaer

Ms_CoCo37 said:
Golden75, 4 oz wouldn't do anything for me. LOL! I can't remember where I was, but the other day I saw an 8 oz bottle for $13 and change. Of course it was the real deal. Now if I can just remember where I saw it.

Try jamaicanblackcastoroil.com, they sell the Extra dark, lavender, rosemary and ylang ylang.

Philippians413

I need to purchase another bottle of castor oil because I'm almost done. I'm so glad I joined this challenge, I don't know how I survived without castor oil before it.

Phaer

Just got my new supply of jbco
I got 2 extra dark
1 lavender
1 ylang ylang
1 rosemary and
A jar of the rosemary pomade to bring to the braid shop.

You would think I have enough right? Jbco is so precious to me that I don't want to waste it in my dcs. I only use it on my scalp. I am so stingy! Lol

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Try jamaicanblackcastoroil.com, they sell the
Extra dark, lavender, rosemary and ylang ylang.

Phaer - thanks! I order from Sams24... I came across some JBCO in my bss, but I was suspect about the brand & price. I do want to try the extra dark, so I may try what you suggested