*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

faithVA

@faithVA Are you using regular coffee or coffee oil? Sound interesting. Can you give me more detail on your mix?

I am gettting ready to make a coffee oil using castor oil. The recipe calls for 2 cups of castor oil with 2 oz of coffee cooked in a slow cooker for 6 hours. I will probably replace at least 1/2 cup of the castor oil with a lighter oil. And I will add some EOs to the final product.

I haven't made it yet, but plan on making it tonight.

ms.mimi

I've been toying around with idea of using coffee oil (Anita Grant has a mix for the hair) after this challenge.
Let me know how this works for you.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Rubbed my JBCO mix on my twists this a.m. Also applied a oil mix containing JBCO while Dc-ing yesterday

TruMe

I miss my coconut oil. I think I will make a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil later this week.

FindingMe

Still in small twists and using castor oil on length and ends. I dropped to every other day now, instead of every day. But I *really* love this oil bc it seems to "absorb" into my skin and hair and I don't have any oil or greasy residue on my clothes or pillow. I can't wait to see how my hair fares after I take my twists out and I have been using it religiously for 1 month...:grin:

I am also going to try and cut the oil, by adding coconut or something to see if it helps with the itchies on my scalp.

xu93texas

I'm checking in. I've been using a blend of Jamaican black castor oil, Dabur Vatika oil, and grapeseed oil about 4 times a week on my scalp while in kinky twists.

Bublin

A dab of moisturiser and a dab of castor oil makes re-twisting dry hair a breeze. Before i was spraying hair with water/leave-in mix so i could manipulate it without breakage but overtime my hair was getting hard so i stopped using the water.
Now my hair in the morning isn't slightly damp or stiff and i have better 'hang' if i wear my hair out.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
My oils came today and best believe I made me an awesome new mix. It consists of JBCO, coconut oil, apricot oil, rosehip seed oil, lime eo, sulfur, rosemary eo and cinnamon eo, respectively. I used it today and I am really loving it! Lime eo smells great, especially with the smell of coconut oil.

I may be getting some Neem oil too.

faithVA

Applied my castor oil blend to my scalp again this evening and gave myself a nice little massage.

Have my castor/coffee oil cooking while we speak.

faithVA

My coffee castor oil is finally ready. I think I cooked it too long but I hope it still works :ohwell: It was still thick and sticky even with the other oils (sunflower, wheat germ, jojoba oil) added to it. So I added some coconut oil to thin it out a bit. Then I added some EOs (basil, sage, lavender, rosemary, cedarwood).

Couldn't wait to give it a try. So masssged it into my scalp and edges. I have about 12 oz so hopefully that will last me for a good amount of time. :yep:

Now I am ready to get serious about this challenge.

kupenda

Added MSM to my castor mix. Mini massaged Tuesday night with it. Will do a heavy duty massage and baggy tonight for a few hours. Still suffering from my shedding setback :(. I'm recovering and getting a hold on it now, but my hair has lost soooo much thickness. Sadface. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Ms_CoCo37

The castor oil I ordered through vitacost.com came yesterday. Unfortunately, some of it leaked out. So, they're sending me a new bottle. I guess that means I'll have two bottles. :)

FindingMe

still oiling hair- almost daily. I think with the dryness in the air, my hair is absorbing the oil and it just goes away, no oily residue or anything...LOVE IT! Hopefully this will help me retain some length for this year.:grin:

afgirl

took my sew in out early last week to dye my hair still havent dyed it but i oiled my scalp 3 times this week and im currently pre pooing with castor oil and conditioner

FindingMe

Steamed mini-twists last night with a mix of JBCO, almond oil and jojoba oil....:love: it!!! Ends are super moisturized and hair is very soft...not oily or greasy...Loved it!!! I am also in the steaming challenge which runs through the end of March, so as long as my hair is in mini-twists, I will for sure be doing this once a week....

chelseatiara

Once again used Hairveda's almond glaze on my twists last night with includes castor (seed) oil. Got a new applicator bottle for my castor oil and used that last night on my scalp as well as this morning..

Aggie

I used Chicoro's moisture-drenched prepoo today:lick::love:. I Clarifyed with Avalon Organics Rosemary, Mint and Tea Tree Shampoo, poured some black tea rinse over my wet hair then deep conditioned my hair today using Moroccanoil products. My hair feels awesome right now, and by awesome, I mean soft, silky and strong. You can't get any better than that.

Now back to my wigs:grin:.

Philippians413

Cleansed with Daily Fix, conditioned with CJ Smoothing Condish, LOC method (water, CO, CJ Smoothing Lotion) then three strand twisted with KCCC.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I made some flax gel last night and I mixed some Castor Oil and Grapeseed in it. Soft hair with hold was the result!