Carol's Daughter's Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" Hair care for Girls

MrJohnsonsRib

I saw it on Motowngirl.com first when I was doing my lil pass thru and well I don't know what to say...I'm glad but at the same time it's like I'm thinking. What? Really? Why Disney? I guess I should rejoice that Disney has finally made a Disney movie with a Black princess but something like this can be taken in 2 ways- good or bad. So I suppose that I would say to anyone that the good in this is that Disney has decided to embrace us. Correct? Hmm...I wonder if they made this movie because the president is black and thought it would be a good hit? Just a thought...I know many probably thought sort of what I'm thinking...it's like "did they do it because they out to make a dollar or because they're not and want to finally show they're acception for us as a people and finally hold a candle light to us". My hopes is that it's for the latter. I would love to know that Disney is truly being genuine about it all and that Carol's Daughter knows this too. I guess I'm happy that we are able to make more of an impact on the world in a positive way. It's an awesome idea as long as it's for the right reasons...this does beat the terrible things I see my people doing on the internet these days for a dollar. :nono: (especially making nasty hair care products!!) If I had a daughter I may actually get it for her if it will work. I never tried their products but heard nice things. I will be sure to help her develop the confidence in herself as a black woman/child so that she doesn't grow up second guessing herself the way some of us may have when we have been faced with issues about color. I know it took me a while to understand things while growing up. Not to be all controversial or anything, just saw it and found it interesting. I mean...We will forever be trying to break barriers in (every) culture because a long time ago limitations have been put there on us by others on just about everything so it comes as no BIG surprise that we still have things to "overcome". This will be the way for a while. Let's just be ready. Have A Great And Blessed Day!! :grin::grin:

AshCash

The movie has been in development since 2006 so I don't think it has much to do with the President or his daughters.

There have been eight princesses before Tiana, of which three are non-white (Jasmine, Pocohontas and Mulan.)

I like Disney, so I am excited for the movie. :)

mariofmagdal

Never used any Carol's Daughter before, not sure this will make me try it, but I am glad for the connection. Knowing me I'd buy them as decorative items for my daughters Princess Bedroom. She is somewhat of a Diva-Tomboy and her room is decorated with a Princess/Reptile theme. She loves snakes! Here's to hoping the packaging is cute! Will have to check that out. ;0)

MrJohnsonsRib

Just go to Carol's Daughter's site and voila it's right there. :) It's good to know that some of you see the upside of the movie and the hair products. I just know a lot of tension is surfacing with the color lines since the election...I will be praying for the country. They have a giveaway of the product on motowngirl.com if you submit a response how you take care of your lil girl's hair...I don't have a girl so I wasn't able to submit one. Darn...the packaging is really cute. It has a very natural look to it with the playfulness of the pictures.

Last edited:

mariofmagdal

I went to check it out, and my daughter was immediately excited! So, it not for anything else, they will make excellent decoration pieces. Thanks for sharing.

TeeWhyAre

Hmm...I wonder if they made this movie because the president is black and thought it would be a good hit?

As someone else pointed out this movie has been in development for much longer than we've had a Black President.

Just a thought...I know many probably thought sort of what I'm thinking...it's like "did they do it because they out to make a dollar or because they're not and want to finally show they're acception for us as a people and finally hold a candle light to us".

Everything Disney does is profit driven. Disney is not a non-profit organization out to do good in the world, they are driven by profit. Of course they want to make the dollar. Every corporation is out to make money.

I'm excited about the movie and their partnership with Carol's Daughter. Lisa makes quality products and I'm glad Disney reached out to a black owned business to put out the Tiana products. They could've easily have gone to pantene or clairol for their needs but they chose to Carol's Daughter, probably because they knew we'd be like, "they could've used a black business for that." Disney is paying great attention to what black folks want. They were gonna name her Maddy but black folks said it sounded too much like a slave name, she was going to work as a Chambermaid and black folks said it was racist, so, they went back to the drawing board and came up with Tiana . I believe they are going to do a fantastic job on this movie, not because she's black, but because she's a product of Disney and they wanna get it right.

I'm also going to purchase the CD products in hope that it will help my 4-year old niece that HATES washing her hair.

Edit: She just looked at it on the website and said she wants to wash her hair with the Princess Tiana shampoo.

Last edited:

Kranbery

I finally saw a trailer for it on tv last night. So, it should be coming out soon...unless they find something else to edit out/in:rolleyes:

BostonMaria

Oh the princess is sooooooooo pretty. My daughter is too old for Disney so I'm going to buy the products for ME LOL

mariofmagdal

I finally saw a trailer for it on tv last night. So, it should be coming out soon...unless they find something else to edit out/in:rolleyes:

Wow, my daughter must have seen it too, she knew who the princess was and stated she saw it on Disney.:spinning: She was really excited!

Lola Laughs

My DD recived the shampoo, condish, bubble bath set for her b-day. It was decent enough, nothing to make me change products/regimen. But I think most of CD's products are just middle-of-the-road.

However, brilliant marketing and partnership with Disney!

DirtyJerzeyGirly

My DD recived the shampoo, condish, bubble bath set for her b-day. It was decent enough, nothing to make me change products/regimen. But I think most of CD's products are just middle-of-the-road.

However, brilliant marketing and partnership with Disney!

When I first went natural Carol's Daughter was the first line I went to. I'm not familiar with the children's line though. I don't have any. But while I thought carols daughter was good. I've found better.

Pss...I saw the movie too and I loved it! :grin:

sharifeh

Really smart marketing. I'm mad I didn't come up with that myself. Not that I have a haircare line :lachen: