Carol's Daughter's Tui Hair Smoothie

Coffee

Has anyone used this and if so, what did you think about it? For the longest time it wasn't available on her website, but when I saw Shephora had it, I ordered it. I must admit I was surprised that it worked so well on my hair, being I don't care for a lot of her products. My hair was soft and easy to untangle. I will probably use it, so I won't have to use up my WEN so quickly.

They had to stop making the smoothies so they could reformulate them because they weren't completely rinsing out. When I originally bought the products I had planned to get the smoothie but after my disappointment in all the other products I decided....hecky naw!!:lachen:

Oh yeah, someone posted that she has an ingredient in it that turns into fomaldahyde (sp?) so you might want to check it out

i tried it once before they changed the formula and it was good. but it probably would have been better if the rosemary shampoo hadnt stripped my hair beforehand.

i tried it once before they changed the formula and it was good. but it probably would have been better if the rosemary shampoo hadnt stripped my hair beforehand.

After reading the post earlier in the other thread, I looked at the rosemary shampoo in the cabinet and it separated and looks kinda gross.

They had to stop making the smoothies so they could reformulate them because they weren't completely rinsing out. When I originally bought the products I had planned to get the smoothie but after my disappointment in all the other products I decided....hecky naw!!:lachen:

Oh yeah, someone posted that she has an ingredient in it that turns into fomaldahyde (sp?) so you might want to check it out

Do you know which ingredient it is that turns into Formaldehyde?

Has anyone used this and if so, what did you think about it? For the longest time it wasn't available on her website, but when I saw Shephora had it, I ordered it. I must admit I was surprised that it worked so well on my hair, being I don't care for a lot of her products. My hair was soft and easy to untangle. I will probably use it, so I won't have to use up my WEN so quickly.

I use this. I really like it because it leaves my hair so smooth and easier to comb. I have 4b hair with 3a BABY HAIR! lol

Also, the scent Oh My, it smells so good! Her entire Tui line scent is lovely!

I have never used this product before, but I do know that other major hair product brands use DMDM Hydantoin to preserve their product, and keep it fresh longer on the store shelves. If you google the term, you will see that it is a form of formaldehyde. If you read product labels, you'll usually find it towards the end of the ingredient list. It is a very popular cosmetic preservative used in a lot of hair care products on the market today. I guess when you consider the alternative (bacteria and mold) growing in your hair creams, oils shampoos, etc., after they are opened, a little added bacteria killer doesn't seem so bad!!??? I'm sure companies use it because its cheap, and extends the life of the product, so it can be available to the consumer for months ($$$$$$$) after it hits the store shelves. Just wish they'd come up with a better alternative...:nono:

There's a post on here from yesterday about her products and not in a good way. *Edited* Um... never mind someone has already pointed that out.

Back