Can you recommend a good curl activator?

EbonyEyes

Hi,

I am a 4A (maybe?) natural with 3-4 inches of hair. I'm looking for a curl activator that meets the following requirements:

1. Moisturizes (Water is the first ingredient)
2. Doesn't make hair hard or sticky
3. Can be used everyday if desired

I also prefer that the product have glycerin and no propylene glycol but it's not a major requirement.

Thanks in advance!

EBONY

When not in braids, I use my s-curl activator every single day on wet/somewhat dry hair. LOVE IT. Never sticky, never hard...just soft and very moisturized.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi EbonyEyes,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif The S-curl brand activator is one used by many here. The Care free Curl curl activator is nice also. (smells good) /images/graemlins/look.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leshia said:
When not in braids, I use my s-curl activator every single day on wet/somewhat dry hair. LOVE IT. Never sticky, never hard...just soft and very moisturized.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Leisha, what do you use while in braids? I used the Scurl stuff while in braids and it worked great in keeping my hair moisturized... What do you use to stay moisturizedwhile in braids?

Crystal said:
Leshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Leisha, what do you use while in braids? I used the Scurl stuff while in braids and it worked great in keeping my hair moisturized... What do you use to stay moisturizedwhile in braids?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Crystal,
I'm using a mixture of scurl, castor oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil and msm. /images/graemlins/grin.gif LOVE it. Hey, why does everyone spell my name like that? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

pebbles said:
Hi EbonyEyes,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif The S-curl brand activator is one used by many here. The Care free Curl curl activator is nice also. (smells good) /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO /images/graemlins/smile.gif the CFC one I use the Gold brand though.

Welcome to the board, EbonyEyes, /images/graemlins/wave.gif I use S-Curl No Drip activator which was recommended by Adrienne /images/graemlins/smile.gif It works great w/ my relaxed hair.

I use the Gold brand though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I meant to mention that one! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I have it too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use Luster's scurl (grey and blue bottle)
You can also mix your own...glycerin and water (4oz:12oz)
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Currently I'm using the CareFree Curl Gold but have used the S Curl No Drip. I like them both but I'm leaning more towards the CF.
** The Target here in Austin, TX has the S Curl No Drip for $1.94. **

Hi Ebonyeyes /images/graemlins/wave.gif Welcome, I like S-curl but it can be itchy on the scalp, I also like world of curls both have a pleasant light scent. I'm not sure of the ingredients are though.

Leshia said:
Hey, why does everyone spell my name like that? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps sorry Leshia. It was early. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

lshevonne said:
** The Target here in Austin, TX has the S Curl No Drip for $1.94. **

[/ QUOTE ]
The Korean store close by has it for $3.99 .... this is what I'm going to serve them /images/graemlins/whip.gif /images/graemlins/whip.gif /images/graemlins/whip.gif
I'm going to try Target in B'more, I just might get lucky /images/graemlins/grin.gif

seeing as i havent used any other brand of activator i'd have to say the s-curl coz that leaves my hair really soft and moisturised

Don't get the World of Curls in the spray bottle. [I think Allandra uses the one in the jar.]

The WofC in the bottle:
1. stinks
2. made my hair hard
3. did not seem moisturizing

I have S Curl No-drip, which I use occasionally. It is good for new growth and it IS moisturizing.

welcome to the board, ebony eyes!

i think most of them are about the same. i really judge if i like them or not based on smell. right now, i alternate between S-Curl spray and World of Curls in the tub. i've been using both for about two years.

adrienne

I like No Drip S-curl much better than World of Curls. In my hair, WOC (in the jar) came out too sticky, and it made my hair hard.

BlkMane said:
Don't get the World of Curls in the spray bottle. [I think Allandra uses the one in the jar.]

The WofC in the bottle:
1. stinks
2. made my hair hard
3. did not seem moisturizing

I have S Curl No-drip, which I use occasionally. It is good for new growth and it IS moisturizing.

[/ QUOTE ]
YES, I use the one in the JAR. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Crystal said:
Leshia said:
Hey, why does everyone spell my name like that? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
EVERYONE does it...it's okay! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Opps sorry Leshia. It was early. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Back