Can y'all tell me what you think about my regimen?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
Can y\'all tell me what you think about my regimen?

Ok im new and I have been busy looking at all of your posts and researching which supplements I should take to make my hair grow faster. Right now my hair grows around .33 to .75 inches per month, but I am hoping with this regimen I could get 1.5 inches per month-- ok that might be wishing for the impossible but I have always been told to dream big. so here goes:
GNC delinea 3x a day
GNC Ultra nourishair 2x a day
Biotin-- 8000mcgZinc 2x a day 100 mg
Silica 2x a day 450g
Foti 3x a day 1980 mg
Marine Protein- Elite Lab
MSM 3x a day 3000 mg
Flaxseed oil 2x's 2000mg
evening primrose oil 3x's a day 1500 mg
b-5 2x day 1000 mg
l-carnitine 3x's a day 3000

also i plan on adding a grapefruit supplement and maybe brewers yeast.

So what do you guys think? Too much? are there any areas you think I should add things in? My dad owns a health food store so I get these supplements for free, so dont worry about my bill. Your suggestions would help a lot!

hairfanatic

Re: Can y\'all tell me what you think about my regimen?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
So what do you guys think? Too much? are there any areas you think I should add things in? My dad owns a health food store so I get these supplements for free, so dont worry about my bill. Your suggestions would help a lot!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could be so lucky for my dad to own a health food store! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think you have some really good vitamins in your routine but the dosage does seem kind of high. Jade knows a lot about vitamins and she can probably tell you more than I can or you can search the Internet for the proper dosage.

Ennyaa

Boy you got a lot of good stuff in there. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Only question I have is aren't Delinea and Elite Lab Marine Protein sort of the same thing? Perhaps you could replace one with an amino acid complex or maybe one of those yummy shakes I hear the ladies on here talking about.

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie

yeah actally i was thinking of not using the marine protein-- just the delinea. The only problem I have with using an amino acid shake is I dont want to gain weight- in fact I am also taking citrimax and white kidney bean extract to lose weight-- and I heard that those shakes can make you put on some pounds.

As for the dosage, Jade can you please tell me what you think-- oh the numbers next to it are the TOTAL amount for the entire day.

Thanks so much

JenJen2721

luvhair, I am currently taking 50mg of zinc per day for my skin. I have been warned that taking more than 100 mg of zinc per day can be dangerous. It can throw off the balance of other vitamins in your body. Please check your other supplements to see if they contain zinc, if so, you need to make sure you're under 100 mgs from all supplements total. A safer amount would be between 50-80 mgs. I wouldn't go anymore than that.