Can the Crown and Glory be done this way?

ThinNnappy

Get Cornrows every week, for 2 months

While they are in moisturize and strenghten with african pride braid sheen spray and infusium 23
( can you use others?)

Every week when i take the cornrows out wash and deep condition

after 2 months of this a protein treatment, clarify- maybe a touchup
and then just wear buns, wash 1-2x weekly, moisturize with the braid spray and infusium ( or other?) Then after 2 months of this, do it again

Will that work?

Also, why must you use the african pride and infusim?
What others can you use for the same reasons?

beyondcute

No cornrowing your hair every week would be alot of stress especially on the hair line. The main thign about this that helps the hair grow is that you arent manipulatin your hair and its in a portective styles for 2 months at a time.

beyondcute

Thats all up to you ;) She also says you can use weaves as a method... Just check out her website. I think it may be down right now but she has lots of good info on there. I think you shoudl try and find a hairstyle that will allow you to let your hair rest for a few months at a time. Thats the main purpose for her method.

beyondcute

Came back cuz I was wrong. She says you can wear cornrows fro 2 weeks ata time and redo them every 2 weeks. Id watch the cornrows though. They can recede your hairline because youre stressing the same spots each time.

Cornrows are very stressful on the hair. My version of C&G is that I put my hair in 7 plaits and wear instant weaves. I've been putting a stocking cap over that and co washing it every 3 days without even combing. My goal is to not comb my hair for another 2 weeks, but I don't know if I will last till then :ohwell: . I'm the same as you regarding the time it takes to get braids, plus I am so afraid of hairline breakage and loss and dont' trust the professional braiders to do it anymore.
ETA: I only use the stocking cap when washing my hair. I wear a satin turban underneath my wig daily.

ThinNnappy

Thanks yall, and thank you beyondcute
Im just going to find someone to do them not so tight for 3 weeks
I use to do that along time ago and my hair grew really quick but i never knew what to do after, but now that i do kno Its ON

BeyondCute, your doing the crown and glory for 3 years on and off?

beyondcute

Yep :) Until I reach my first goal of bra strap stretched Ill eb doing it. Then Ill just do my own hair when I get some length. I figure unstretched it will hit about shoulder that way I can stretch it out if need be :)