Can someone help me type my hair (pictures)

danimani

I don't know what on earth I am. I know I don't really have many sprials; they're definitely "s" curls. The only Z pattern and spirals is in my nape, which does not represent my hair type (it's totally different)

I'm thinking 4a? I think my nape is 4b; but I'm not sure my hair is 4a. Maybe 4a/3c?

44baudj.jpg

4bqvo2d.jpg

4e1evyd.jpg

4gp31v5.jpg

4hw06rq.jpg

seraphinelle said:
K seriously,

It kinda looks like mine, just looks 'softer'

*sitting back and waiting*
See, to me, your hair is rockin the coils. I don't have one single coil (a little jealous, though I love my texture, I wouldn't mind some coils!) My curls are a lot loser than yours.

But didn't you think you were 4b at first?

I think we're two very confused people with some gorgeous hair. I'm about to leave it at that!

i think you are a solid 4a

just my opinion tho.

people type it differnetly alot. but your hair looks very healthy ans soft.

Beautiful, sorry im no help because i don't understand this hair typing thing myself.

I just wanted to say your hair texture is beautiful, i love the pic in your sig.

See, I call my hair strands that look like that 4b, but what the heck do I know?:confused: :confused: That's why typing is so imprecise. For example, me, Gloomygeisha, Blackcardinal, Nurse98?, plus quite a few other folks here all consider themselves mostly 4a, but our hair looks very different from each other. Heck call yourself whatever you think is best. :D Your texture is beautiful, BTW! :)

Hard to tell with the straight ends too--your hair will curl/shrink a lot more if those are gone. Your hair is probably a combination of curl patterns and density, just like my hair!

danimani said:
See, to me, your hair is rockin the coils. I don't have one single coil (a little jealous, though I love my texture, I wouldn't mind some coils!) My curls are a lot loser than yours.

But didn't you think you were 4b at first?

I think we're two very confused people with some gorgeous hair. I'm about to leave it at that!

I can get down with that.

That's alot of growth you have there.

Hmm... today is the first day I can tie my hair back natural.. No stretching, no straightening, just wash, air dry and brush down, and tie back

Sorry... LOL OT

But you still got gorgeous hurr.

seraphinelle said:
I can get down with that.

That's alot of growth you have there.

Hmm... today is the first day I can tie my hair back natural.. No stretching, no straightening, just wash, air dry and brush down, and tie back

Sorry... LOL OT

But you still got gorgeous hurr.
Ahhh, I look forward to that day!

I do have a lot of growth, but I have shoulder length hair (getting close to armpit!) with those horrible nasty ends...I can't bare to part with them all.n I said I'd transition for 2 years, but since my growth seems to be growing like a weed, I may transition for 18 months instead.

Your hair is beautiful, btw! I love the color!

How long have you been transitioning for?

My hair grows like a snail, LOL...

edited part.

I'm slow LOL

I see your timeline now.

You've got s-shape waves that have much too short of a wavelength to be in the 3c range, so I would say 4a. Your hair actually looks a lot like mine does when it's been combed/brushed through (which gets rid of the clumpy coils). When you are fully natural and wear more wash and go styles you will probably notice your hair getting more "organized" into coils.

Back