Calling All No-Lye Relaxer girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UmSumayyah

Keep the hair moisturized, and be sure to use distilled water for final rinses. We should be fine.
Somewhere there's a post about a shampoo or treatment (baking soda?) that can remove the deposits sometimes left by no-lye relaxers. We should look for it and post it in this thread.

jrw

My mother has always used no lye relaxers on my hair and I love the results. I feel if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I've never tried a lye relaxer. In any event, my scalp is supersensitive (as is my skin) so i've always opted for the no-lye/sensitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Man do I wish I had followed that advice! I'd be flirting with bra-strap by now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, hun you'll be there before you know it!

NAY007

Rush Girl,

I think a loong time ago African Pride had a mild strength but now they don't have it anymore. I use the regular and I love it too:) I just don't leave it in my hair for too long.

vevster

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
So what lye relaxer do you think is more gentle.. Elucence mild or Mizani mild??

Or maybe I should try the Elucence Sensitive or the Mizani sensitive.. this sucks..

[/ QUOTE ]

Having used both I feel the Elucence is more mild.

Babygurl

I switched to no-lye about 5 years ago due to the fact that lye relaxers killed my very-sensitive scalp. No lye has not been drying to my hair at all as long as I take care of it.