Calling All Naturals with gray hair

AtlantaJJ

I use BAQ Red Raj henna, it's good for my hair and scalp. I can do it for the rest of my life if I choose too. I sleep in the henna so it doesn't take a full day for me. I mix my batches so that it doesn't dry my hair out. I also steam my hair after my henna if I want to condition quickly. For me, it doesn't damage, and doesn't expose me to chemicals. That makes it worth the extra effort in my opinion. Personally I end up paying some sort of price when I resort to quick fixes for my hair.

HanaKuroi

Some types of henna work better on grays than others.

Mehandi.com lists which ones.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Henna and indigo work for me. I use Henna Sooq powders. You have to keep your mix simple (I just use warm filtered water and a squirt of Amla oil) and prepare your hair prior and post process to avoid dryness.

faithVA

Please be careful...This BAKA product has PPD in. PPD is linked to some types of cancer and you can't treat BAKA like BAQ Henna.

Please click the link that @Ltown has kindly given.

I henna gloss with 4 ingredients and I found it's quite moisturizing. Nupur 9 herb henna (it has Brahmi, Shikakai, Aloe Vera, Methi, Bhringraj, Amla, Neem, Hibiscus, and Jatamansi which all strengthen and condition hair), weak green tea, cheap conditioner, and an oil usually amla.

My numerus greys (I'm only 38yrs old, and I'm 40% grey) don't come out orange but dark burgandy which I love.

Thanks for that info. Then I will just stick to box color.

MzRhonda

I use the Bigen powder and it works well......I also use Wen - I have not used a shampoo that lathers in years......they will rinse and fade your color out quickly.