Calling all Castor Oil users

northernbelle

OK, you've gotten my attention.

Three questions:

1. What brand of castor oil do you use?

2. Where do you purchase it?

3. How do you use it? Seems to work wonders for the hairline.

However, do any of you use it for "weak spots" such as the crown?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

northernbelle

debyjay

Hi northernbelle,

I use any brand that can be purchased at the asian/west indian stores here in New York, its the kind that is used as a laxative in the caribbean.
I put it in a little plastic applicator bottle, hold it upside down and squeeze it onto my scalp and new growth 2 to 3 times a week.

Miosy

I buy bought mine from the vitamine shop. I use it as a preshampoo treatment when my new growth gets out of control. I warm some up in the microwave and put it on my new growth while massaging

Karonica

Right now, I'm using Isoplus Castor Oil. I use it on my hair and scalp once a week. I get it anywhere, at CVS or the beauty supply store. I love castor oil in general, it just seems that my hair grows nicely with it, not to mention, it helps thicken it some.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I use Home Health castor oil. No particular reason, it's just what Whole Foods sells. I like to use it as a warm oil preshampoo treatment and I also like to use it post-shampoo, to seal in moisture.

Madison

I use Home health and also Tropic isle black castor oil which i purchase from a BLACK OWNED beauty suppy shoppe on Allerton avenue in the bronx.

I use the black castor oil mainly for my edges and eyebrows. The home health brand is used to seal in moisture.

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
I use Home Health castor oil. No particular reason, it's just what Whole Foods sells. I like to use it as a warm oil preshampoo treatment and I also like to use it post-shampoo, to seal in moisture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the same brand and I got it from a health food store.

Tebby