CALLING ALL: Castor Oil Incoporators and Users

shellzfoshizzle

Question! :dork:

Who users straight up Castor oil in here?

I bought some last night at Walmart. I believe the brand is Humco or something like that. It's clear and odorless. I used the search feature and saw that many LHCF's ordered theirs from nowfoods.com or health food stores. That is well good and fine but I need something NOW. Will this walmart brand work just as well?

Also, I did a search on castor oil for like an hour last night and by the sounds of it, it seems that it grows and thickens hair with the quickness!!!! :bouncegre

When did ya'll see results?

Any comments will be GREAAATLY 'PRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!

I will check back in an hour for responses!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I just started using castor oil in my EO blend for the past 2 weeks so I can't say whether or not I have seen growth and thickness. I have never seen or heard about this brand (Humco) before but I guess if it says 100% castor oil it will do the job. The castor oil that I am currently using is also clear and odourless which is kind of different from the one my mom used to oil my scalp and hair when I was living in Jamaica. With that one, it was thick of dark brown color and the smell was way out of control but I did see thickness in a few days. I am not sure where else you could purchase the castor oil apart from the health food store or the bss.

Daisy'sHair

Since I had my Micro Braids done I have been using castor oil. The brand I use is from Home Health, it's light yellow in color, sort of thick in texture and has a plain smell to it.

I have to say I had my braids done early February and a month later I have nearly and inche of growth all around. When I use it I either rub it in straight from the bottle and onto my scalp. I also put some in my spray bottle along with my EO mixture and so Rosewater, also made by Home Health, my growth is coming along nicely. :)

EbonyEyes

Hi,

I use the brand from Home Health as well. It has a thick consistency. I don't use it by itself. I use it with glovers and other oils in my personal scalp oil mixture. I've been using it daily for the past few weeks and my new growth is coming in quite nicely.

-Ebony

Peachtree

I didn't know castor oil enhances growth... I've read that it enhances "thickness" :)

I've used Home Health Castor oil for 2 yrs...it was a staple during my transition. Now that I'm natural, I use it to "weigh down" my coils, add shine & smooth my edges.

Isis

I've been using the Home Health brand of castor oil for years, just not always on my head.:lol: There are many great uses of this wonderful oil. I know it works on thickening up eyebrows and eyelashes so it makes sense that it works on our scalp hair too.

LABETT

I have used Walmart brand that you have and I have 2 bottles of Home Health Castor they both work well.
I put my castor oil in a clear aplicator bottle with a nossle and apply it to my scalp and I have received good results especially when wearing braids.

Isis

shellzfoshizzle said:
sO ARE YA'LL SAYING i SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MY CASTOR OIL FROM A HEALTH FOOD STORE, BSS, AND PREFERABLY A DARK OIL!?!
The Home Health brand is pure and cold-pressed. I haven't tried the dark Jamaican one. I'm sure yours will still work fine.

Armyqt

Peachtree said:
I didn't know castor oil enhances growth... I've read that it enhances "thickness" :)

I've used Home Health Castor oil for 2 yrs...it was a staple during my transition. Now that I'm natural, I use it to "weigh down" my coils, add shine & smooth my edges.

OT real quick. PEACHTREE YOUR HAIR GROWTH RATE IS PHE-NOM-E-NAL!!!

Belle Du Jour

I started using castor oil back in december, and I love it! It's the only oil that my hair just soaks right up. It doesn't just sit there. I haven't noticed a change in thickness, but my hair is growing and it could be due to the castor oil (or the biotin with silica that I'm taking). Castor oil is a staple. I have the clear kind, but I wish I could find the brown kind.

WaterChylde

Living and loving life
I use a clear castor oil but I have to mix it with other oils because it's to thick for my hair. I just grabbed it from CVS so I don't know what brand it is.

UmSumayyah

I like to mix castor oil with coconut oil and honey, and use the mixture as a pre-poo. lovelovelove it.

Valerie

Yes, I use castor oil on my hair, I mix with carrot oil and wild growth oil and it seems to keep my hair very soft.

babyblue

I just started using it for the past 2 months and i must say my hair really loves it. I use it straight from the bottle and i dont mix it with anything.

I use it every two to three days. I melt a capful in the microwave to give it a smoother consitency and apply a couple of drops to my length and the rest lightly to my scalp. It makes my fine hair appear fuller and thicker... but it's not permanent. I'm not convinced its making my hair grow. But it does do a good job of holding in moisture...which means less breakage and less shedding.

deedabug

i juss bought it on a whim tonite....but not pure...i hadnt thought of that..but my purpose was somethin for my scalp since im gonna try wash and go's more and also for the length

hotshot

I love Castor Oil. I use the clear kind as a body oil or mixed with lotions and a dark kind as a pre poo, sometimes mixed with amla powder. i think i shall resume using it on my scalp more regulary considering i dont shampoo as much. My roommate just brought me some dark castor oil from the backwoods in JA.

Castor oil is the ultimate healer. I rub it on my chest when im congested. i recently saved me when i had HORRIBLY TERRIBLY painful menstrual cramps. i rubbed it on my abdomen, back and legs and was able to fall asleep soon after.

dstdiva

hotshot said:
I love Castor Oil. I use the clear kind as a body oil or mixed with lotions and a dark kind as a pre poo, sometimes mixed with amla powder. i think i shall resume using it on my scalp more regulary considering i dont shampoo as much. My roommate just brought me some dark castor oil from the backwoods in JA.

Castor oil is the ultimate healer. I rub it on my chest when im congested. i recently saved me when i had HORRIBLY TERRIBLY painful menstrual cramps. i rubbed it on my abdomen, back and legs and was able to fall asleep soon after.

Wow! i didn't know castor oil could do all of that! i'm going to try in on my hair and body.

blkmaryland

Use Home Health Castor Oil mixed w/ a little lanolin every night. I use to see little bits of broken hair before I started using castor oil...now, the only time I see broken hairs is when I don't use cator oil......It is a staple.