Calling all 3C/4A Naturals/Transistioners...

misspriss

I'm currently transistioning and I'm in need of some shampoo/conditioners/styling products for curly hair. I usually just airdry my hair or do braid/twist outs because my two textures aren't drastically different. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

BUMP...i wanna know too.
grin.gif

Alot of naturals like Creme of Nature shampoo but if used for an extended period of time make sure that you clarify because some have complained of it leaving build-up

I personally like Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner because it has great slip. The comb *glides* through my hair and I don't even have to detangle with my fingers first.

As for products I think that less is more. You kind of have to experiment and see what works for you. I have been natural for 3 years and have just figured out the perfect routine *for me*.

I think that twist outs are a good style for transitioners. I did this when I was transitioning. For some people braids have been a good alternative because it makes it easier to manipulate their hair less.

That's great that you air dry your hair.. keep that going because heat can put a huge strain on your tresses.

HTH

I use either Creme of Nature or Elasta QP creme shampoo...it's easier to detangle with those two than others. I'm still experimenting with conditioner washes because I tried my first one the other day and didn't like how it came out. As far as conditioner I use elasta qp DPR or hair mayo w/evoo added in with a heat cap. I also am doing braid outs and I use avocado or shea butter. Sometimes I add Aveda anti-humectant when I know it's gonna be humid. But keep bumping the post to see what other ladies are using. There are a good number of transitioners on here so you will get good suggestions.
The only thing I would suggest is to try to get product samples first if you can so that you aren't stuck with a big bottle of something you can't stand. Good luck with your transitioning
smile.gif

I'm transitioning. Primarily in the front of my head. Damage and trims have rid most of the relaxed ends in the back. My hair is dry, so my list of products are very moisturizing:

Nexxus Therappe shamppo & Humectress conditioner (Humectress is great as a leave in)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo & conditioner
Mizani Moisturefuze conditioner
Garnier Fructis for dry/damage shampoo & conditioner
Garnier Fructis 3 minute deep conditioner
Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk (helps define curls)
Surge Revitalizer 14 (helps prevents splits)
Surge Wojee Cream (great when added with Smoothing Milk for curls)
VO5 Hydrators Glacial Splash conditioner (one of my new favorites that I'm experimenting with as a leave in - great so far)
VO5 Blueberries & Cream conditioner (CO wash)
EVOO

I have more products, but those are the most frequently used and have not had any problems.

I like aussie shampoo and conditioners for my weekly cleansings and Suave conditioners for my conditioner washes! My hair stays pretty moisturized.

I like mango butter for sealing moisture into my hair.

i am all down for carol's daughter's healthy hair butter and hair honey..(i use basically all of her hair products) her herbal ocean shampoo is the BOMB! makes my hair so so so soft!

for conditioner washes..i am using v05 nourishing oasis line. i LOVE the jasmine/aloe..conditioners are so much thicker than suave's coconut..etc for a simple con. wash..i use the reg vo5 peach conditioner...oh yeah..SHEA BUTTER TOO!

[ QUOTE ]
gabrielle2 said:
i am all down for carol's daughter's healthy hair butter and hair honey..(i use basically all of her hair products) her herbal ocean shampoo is the BOMB! makes my hair so so so soft!

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree about the carol's daughter butter and the hair honey...i've never tried the shampoo though...but you know i will now...
laugh.gif
i used it when i transistioned before, while i was texturized and now while i'm transistioning again...

Thanks ladies for all your suggestions!!! I have two inches of new growth and I'm having so much fun experimenting with my natural texture!!!

Back