Buy The Maxiglide With Caution

sexylonglegs

Hi everyone,

It is ultimately your decision but I felt I should let you know of the experience I had with the maxiglide. I had took sewn in weave out of my hair which had been in for 3 months. I washed, conditioned, and oiled my hair and blow dried it. I read the directions for the maxiglide and made sure I put it on the right heat setting and also did not squeeze to tight. When I first started the setting was on 5 and that was to hot so I tried 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 and even at the 1 setting it still burned my hair. :eek: , I felt the iron was heavy and bulky and kind of hard to work with. I know everyone's hair is diffrent so what happened to me may not happen to you but I thought I should share my experience. :perplexed BUY THE MAXIGLIDE WITH CAUTION

Good Luck Ladies

You are not the first member to express their disdain with the performance of the maxiglide. Pooh Bear & D-Shy both have theirs up for sale in the Product Exhance board. Its on my PJ wish list, but I am starting to fear or have second thoughts on purchasing it.

Thanks for the warniong. Sorry it did not work for you Black Sista

I bought one to use on my daughter's hair a last month. I've only used it twice, but both times it worked well for me. Her hair came out silky straight with a 4 setting. No burning at all. I used Profective Megagrowth as a leave-in and BTZ as a heat protectant.

Sorry you had bad results with the Maxiglide. I purchased mine in February and used it 3 times and it worked great each time. It is bigger than the standard flat iron but I wouldn't trade the steam action for anything in the world. I used it on the 3 or 4 setting with Ion Heat protectant and coconut oil for shine.

Are you going to sell yours?

Sorry you didnt like it.

I liked my maxiglide, the only reason im selling it is because its so big compared to my chi. Its easier for me to use the chi especially since my hair is not that long. The Maxiglide did get it incredibly straight and I loved the stem factor. But it was just too big.

DangerouslyShy said:
Sorry you didnt like it.

I liked my maxiglide, the only reason im selling it is because its so big compared to my chi. Its easier for me to use the chi especially since my hair is not that long. The Maxiglide did get it incredibly straight and I loved the stem factor. But it was just too big.

How big is it?

gorgeoushair said:
How big is it?
its probably like two and a half inches wide....certainly not worth it if your hair is short....

im sorry it didnt work out for you blacksista....i love it though. it works fabulously on my hair! is there still time for you to return it?? i know shopathome had a 30day money back guarantee....

Thanks for posting your experience. I was considering getting one for when I was done with the no heat challenge (so far going 4 months strong). I am comtemplating going a year without heat or color to speed up growth.

Thanks for the info. I will probably still buy it, but use it at the lowest setting and let my hair dry naturally. My hair has been braided for a while so I want to use as little heat as possible. Can't you return it? I thought there was a 30 day guarantee.

I have the maxiglide and I love it, works great with BBD Stretch Creme and oil.
I use it on setting 1 or 2 and it gets my hair straight and silky.

I'm sorry that you had problems with burning.

I loved the way my hair turned out after using the Maxiglide, but I also found it too big and awkward to use.

I sold mine on Ebay for the same amount that I paid, so I was lucky not to lose any money.

I really like mine, but I think it is tricky- but nothing an LHCF member can't handle:) I use mine on 1 or 2 and still get straight hair (after air drying in my ponytail). Just be careful of the pins, gentle.

Back