Butters!!!

afrofaithful

So...as my journey to nattyland continues, I am still in search of a good butter to put in my hair. I HATE SHEA BUTTER (or at least my hair does)!! I've also tried mango butter, but I wasn't in love with it. What other butters have you ladies tried and liked?? All recommendations are appreciated unless of course you recommend shea...:down: :)

Thanks!!

Tiye

You might also want to try blending shea butter with something else. e.g. Shea butter, cocoa or mango butter plus grapeseed oil makes a nice butter. You have to experiment with proportions to get the texture you want.

PatTodd

You might also want to try blending shea butter with something else. e.g. Shea butter, cocoa or mango butter plus grapeseed oil makes a nice butter. You have to experiment with proportions to get the texture you want.

I thought my hair hated shea butter too until I started melting it and stirring it up with safflower oil, adding more oil after it cooled if necessary, and stirring until it was super super soft and creamy. Now my hair loves it!