Bush says he doubts Bible is literally true

HeChangedMyName

Wow, I been away for a couple of days, but I didn't think this thread would take a turn like this. Regardless of who voted for Bush or who didn't vote for him. None of us can judge one another for our choices, however, we can see that he, Bush, is clearly confused and unclear of who exactly is the God that he serves. Let's stick to trying to decipher the fact that he calls himself a Christian, yet claims to worship the same god as people of other religions. That is the point here. We were led through 8 long hard years of leadership by a man who is just. . . :perplexed . Whatever claims of Christianity he made in the past seem to have been for some reason, but maybe not for the sake of being truthful.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm just really REALLY surprised at the name calling in this thread!

Shimmie this isnt like you :nono:

Dont defend something to the point of offending others, I know your heart is different than this!

Bush did hurt us........ALOT!

Thats just the truth
My apology is to Super Nova and to you, but I will not apologize for speaking the truth. Those who blame the citizens wo voted for Bush need to get it in check. If they are offended by what I said so be it. But it goes both ways. How is it that 'they' are allowed to speak their offensive remarks and not get 'called on it'? Have they not offended 'us' who have the right to vote as we chose?

I don't turn the 'other cheek'. I call it as I see it. Bush's opposers 'allowed' him to win... Twice! They did not do what was necessary to strengthen their party which was harmed by themselves and put up a viable opponent or strategy to keep Bush out of the office the first nor second time.

As Christians, we still have to be mindful of what God's word says. This country did not come to ruin because of 'one' man. It was collective by all, no matter what the party affilitation.

Sin is what 'kills' a country/nation. And this IS a nation which has turned it's heart totally from God. One man didn't do it. And the sooner people acknowledge that, the sooner God can come in and heal the damage which has been done by all.

Everything that God prophesied that would bring this nation to ruin, is exactly what is occurring. And yet, this nation has hardened it's hearts and will not yield to the God of all creation. Instead, they point the finger in blame away from themselves and choose not to repent from the real cause of this disaster.

This 'war' is a part of God's prophesy, "There will will wars and rumors of wars." The book of Daniel goes into it further.

This government took it's shape long before Bush entered into office. And sadly, President Obama will be adding to it and of his own free will. God is going to move on behalf of His people who are following 'Him', but there will still be recompence for the offenses which will still be 'allowed' to remain.

People need to realize something. If it weren't for Bush, President Obama would not be in office. Read the signs. What did President Obama beat out the Clintons in spite of all of the racism? Long before the primaries, The Clinton's did indeed put a 'stain' and black hole in the Democratic party, that none of their candidates could bypass. Gore and Kerry were beaten long before they ran, because of Bill Clinton. Sexual Sin DOES have a penality in leadership. It's scriptual. Christians who know both their Bible and have a relationship with God 'know' this.
And it still comes back to the fact that Bush won TWICE, not only because of his voters, but because his non supporters didn't do what was needed to strengthen their party. Instead they dimissed Bill's sin as everyday life. Even sports players know that sex can weaken the knees, sap their strength before a game. The strength of the Democratic party was sapped.

Again I apologize to you, Super Nova and to you Irresistable. I didn't start the insults; I simply didn't back down from them.

divya

This is no surprise. These ideas are evident in Bush's actions.

However, it is God who ultimately allows men or women to come to power and lose power. For that reason, I disagree with you Shimmie when you state that Bush opposers allowed anything. Secondly, the statement regarding "their party" is also inaccurate. Bush opposers do not belong only to one party. Nor does voting for a particular candidate within an election automatically make one supporter of a particular party. Further, there are people who do not believe in party affiliation at all who opposed Bush. It also should not be forgotten that there was a significant amount of voter fraud within both Bush elections that are a disgrace to the American system. Neither can one blame solely one group of people for the backwards election system that we have today, based on the monopoly held by two parties. It is unfortunate that sometimes people become to entrapped in party affiliations that they fail to see the bigger picture here.

I agree that sin ruins. However, one cannot blame anyone else for the personal choices of other individuals to support a man who clearly disregards human life among other things. Those who supported him are responsible for their choice in God's eyes. None of them can stand before God and point to an opposer and say that he should have done more to keep him out. Supporters chose to rise, go to the polls, and select Bush as president. Therefore, they "elected" him. Now, this is not to say that supporters are then responsible for every act the Bush committed while in office. Bush made his own personal choices, that may have been contrary even to those who supported him. This happens with virtually all candidates. However, some things were very clear, particularly the second time around.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This is no surprise. These ideas are evident in Bush's actions.

However, it is God who ultimately allows men or women to come to power and lose power. For that reason, I disagree with you Shimmie when you state that Bush opposers allowed anything. Secondly, the statement regarding "their party" is also inaccurate. Bush opposers do not belong only to one party. Nor does voting for a particular candidate within an election automatically make one supporter of a particular party. Further, there are people who do not believe in party affiliation at all who opposed Bush. It also should not be forgotten that there was a significant amount of voter fraud within both Bush elections that are a disgrace to the American system. Neither can one blame solely one group of people for the backwards election system that we have today, based on the monopoly held by two parties. It is unfortunate that sometimes people become to entrapped in party affiliations that they fail to see the bigger picture here.

I agree that sin ruins. However, one cannot blame anyone else for the personal choices of other individuals to support a man who clearly disregards human life among other things. Those who supported him are responsible for their choice in God's eyes. None of them can stand before God and point to an opposer and say that he should have done more to keep him out. Supporters chose to rise, go to the polls, and select Bush as president. Therefore, they "elected" him. Now, this is not to say that supporters are then responsible for every act the Bush committed while in office. Bush made his own personal choices, that may have been contrary even to those who supported him. This happens with virtually all candidates. However, some things were very clear, particularly the second time around.
I agree with the bolded.

However it still remains true that the majority of the folks who Point/Blame/Complain were inactive to stop this man from being elected; ESPECIALLY the 2nd time after experiencing his first term. Instead, they did nothing but complain about it. There are things that can be done to win an election.

I will not defend Bush, I never did; but when will 'complainers' realize that scripturally all that has occurred is not because of one man, but it is the direct result of the sin in this country. This country is under judgment no matter who is in office. As much as I don't like it, even worse is going to occur under President Obama. And not because of Bush, but because of the sins of this country who has turned away from God and is in complete denial of it.

We still have folks (even those who call themselves Christians) who support that which offends God and their hearts will not change. Blaming one man for it is foolishness. If you read the word of God, Bush did not start this war. We left ourselves open to it. We left our gates wide open for the enemy to come in and 'attack' us, which in turn placed us into war. All that we see before us is the manisfestation of God's judgment coming upon this country and those who refuse to see it.

I'm not looking for 'agreement'; it doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees. The Truth is still what it is and it's in full operation and it's not stopping because of those who disagree with it.

This is not even an argument, but it should be a wake-up call to those who continue to blame Bush for the ills of this country. As long as they are blaming him, the real cause will never be addressed, but be allowed to continue and bringing this country even further into despair. And the 'people' allowed it. The irony here is that the majority (not all) of the complainers are the ones who also support the sins which is the downfall of this country. :nono:

What we see happening in this country was Destined, no matter who was in office the past 8 years. It was only a matter of time, before it manifestied. The seeds were planted and watered long before he took office; and this is the harvest.

divya

I agree with the bolded.

However it still remains true that the majority of the folks who Point/Blame/Complain were inactive to stop this man from being elected; ESPECIALLY the 2nd time after experiencing his first term. Instead, they did nothing but complain about it. There are things that can be done to win an election.

I will not defend Bush, I never did; but when will 'complainers' realize that scripturally all that has occurred is not because of one man, but it is the direct result of the sin in this country. This country is under judgment no matter who is in office. As much as I don't like it, even worse is going to occur under President Obama. And not because of Bush, but because of the sins of this country who has turned away from God and is in complete denial of it.

We still have folks (even those who call themselves Christians) who support that which offends God and their hearts will not change. Blaming one man for it is foolishness. If you read the word of God, Bush did not start this war. We left ourselves open to it. We left our gates wide open for the enemy to come in and 'attack' us, which in turn placed us into war. All that we see before us is the manisfestation of God's judgment coming upon this country and those who refuse to see it.

I'm not looking for 'agreement'; it doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees. The Truth is still what it is and it's in full operation and it's not stopping because of those who disagree with it.

This is not even an argument, but it should be a wake-up call to those who continue to blame Bush for the ills of this country. As long as they are blaming him, the real cause will never be addressed, but be allowed to continue and bringing this country even further into despair. And the 'people' allowed it. The irony here is that the majority (not all) of the complainers are the ones who also support the sins which is the downfall of this country. :nono:

What we see happening in this country was Destined, no matter who was in office the past 8 years. It was only a matter of time, before it manifestied. The seeds were planted and watered long before he took office; and this is the harvest.

That is incorrect. These people voted. That is what is required of people who desire to place a particular individual in office. People who are full fledged citizens of this country have every right make their voices heard when they are unsatisfied with the policies of their President. One of those ways is voting and there are others as well. They are not responsible for the voting decisions that other individuals made for the past elections. People must stop playing the blame game and own up to their own personal decisions. God Himself deals with us individually.

Secondly, it is incorrect to assume that people who did not vote for Bush are unaware of what the scriptures state regarding plight of a nation because of sin. Regardless, that reality that does not absolve any individual from the decisions made that which was not a sound decision. It is important that people realize that individual is responsible for every decision made. Not because other people make uninformed or incorrect decisions does that make the one's personal decision less relevant. We do not know exactly what would have happened if Bush did not get into office. What we do know is that God allowed him to ascend to that office. It seems as though his actions have only brought us much closer to the second coming. While he committed many ills, I am grateful that the coming is nearer.