Bush says he doubts Bible is literally true

HeChangedMyName

I've just put a snippet of the full article in the post, but Bush is. . . .wow. I never knew.

http://news.aol.com/article/bush-says-he-doubts-bible-literally-true/264531

Interviewer Cynthia McFadden asked Bush if the Bible was literally true.
"You know. Probably not. ... No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it, but I do think that the New Testament for example is ... has got ... You know, the important lesson is 'God sent a son,'" Bush said.
"It is hard for me to justify or prove the mystery of the Almighty in my life," he said. "All I can just tell you is that I got back into religion and I quit drinking shortly thereafter and I asked for help. ... I was a one-step program guy."
The president also said that he prays to the same God as those with different religious beliefs.

chicacanella

I've just put a snippet of the full article in the post, but Bush is. . . .wow. I never knew.

http://news.aol.com/article/bush-says-he-doubts-bible-literally-true/264531

Interviewer Cynthia McFadden asked Bush if the Bible was literally true.
"You know. Probably not. ... No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it, but I do think that the New Testament for example is ... has got ... You know, the important lesson is 'God sent a son,'" Bush said.
"It is hard for me to justify or prove the mystery of the Almighty in my life," he said. "All I can just tell you is that I got back into religion and I quit drinking shortly thereafter and I asked for help. ... I was a one-step program guy."
The president also said that he prays to the same God as those with different religious beliefs.

This is why we should pray for our leaders.

But if he doesn't believe the bible is literally true, then how can he be sure if "salvation" is literally true? Does he just pick and choose what he believes as literal.:perplexed

chicacanella

And yet folks voted for this man....twice. SMH.

I feel like, even though people voted him in ...we still have to pray for him.

I even think in the bible, God's people were to pray for Nebuchanezzer and we know before that seven years in the wilderness that this man was not a man of God.:nono:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:lachen::lachen::lachen:I love this thread...:lachen:All ready.... :rofl:

Bright Star, (Super Nova), why you tryin' to mess me this time o' night. :lachen::lachen::lachen:Made my snuggle socks curl up :lol: It's not funny, but I can't believe he said that, then again, I can believe it. At least we know why his prayers were confused. He never realized which god he was hearing from.

_______________________-

As for those who voted for him..... I'm one of them :happydance: Twice.

Come and get me..... :reddancer:

It put President Obama in the White House. :pulpdance: Black Man up. :up:

HeChangedMyName

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I love this thread...:lachen:All ready.... :rofl:

Bright Star, (Super Nova), why you tryin' to mess me this time o' night. :lachen::lachen::lachen:Made my snuggle socks curl up :lol: It's not funny, but I can't believe he said that, then again, I can believe it. At least we know why his prayers were confused. He never realized which god he was hearing from.

_______________________-

As for those who voted for him..... I'm one of them :happydance: Twice.

Come and get me..... :reddancer:

It put President Obama in the White House. :pulpdance: Black Man up. :up:

lol :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Yeah, when he said he prays to the same God I was like :lick: this is gonna be a gooooooddd one.

Shimmie

Staff member
And yet folks voted for this man....twice. SMH.

I know it seems unbelievable that someone would vote for him; but we can't blame the voters. For why do people vote in the first place? They vote their conscience and what a candidate 'seems' to represent for them.

I have no shame for why I voted Republican since President Reagan.

Let's put the blame where it truly belongs, which includes the Dems and Repubs, who helped build the staircase which led to Bush. Bill Clinton 'shamed' this country, he commited adultery IN the White House and then lied about it for all of the world to see. People didn't forget that. And you (general 'you') don't reward adulters. (Look at John Edwards, where is his reward?).

With any election, all of the parties and their culprits have a major part in the outcome. They either 'kill' their success or keep it alive; not the voters. In this government, they are the ones who created and designed the system and how to work it, no matter how they go about it. Don't blame the voters. They in the 'system' are the ones who succeed or fail in swaying the voters in whatever direction the voters have decided upon.

Yes, I'm proudly one of the ones who voted for him; and I'm not going to bow my head in shame or run from it. Right before our eyes, we saw the law of 'reaping what you sow' in action. It was Clinton's mess which put Bush in the White House, and it was Bush's mess that put President Obama in the "House" which is finally Black owned and operated, and I supported him, President Obama all the way.

I knew that he was going to win; I spoke it out long before the primaries were over, and I began calling him, President Obama each time I spoke about him by word or text, or post. So far, he is the only democrat with some character.... he's Black. :happydance:

As disappointed as you may feel about Bush, always remember, our hope is in God, not man. The minute we take our eyes from God, that's when all hell comes in. Blaming voters is denial of looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our Faith .... in Him.

Instead of blaming the voters, blame the reasons and those who caused it, for what leads a voter to their choices. We have to respect that no matter how much we may disagree.

We have no idea how President Obama will do or not do. But if he messes up, I'll still support him. Because for the first time in my life, I voted for someone who Truly was my choice and not a concession as Bush was.

So stop 'smacking your pretty head' over this. You're only pushing your hard earned hair growth back in. :yep: It's not worth it. :nono:

Love and hugs to you...:giveheart: I mean it. :yep:

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Who cares what Bush believed about the Bible? He obviously wasn't following it, literally or figuratively and anyone who voted for him (especially those who voted for him the second time) is very much responsible for the state that our country is in now, not to mention the deaths of American soldiers and hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis. Someone claiming to be a Christian does not mean that they will be a good president. Voting based on who committed adultery, or who doesn't like gay marriage or who lies and claims that they will end abortion is crazy when there are people's lives at stake. People were so busy trying to control other people's lives and and trying to deny them the free will that God gave all of us that they voted the country into ruin. And now people are upset about what Bush thinks about the Bible? Seriously?

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Who cares what Bush believed about the Bible? He obviously wasn't following it, literally or figuratively and anyone who voted for him (especially those who voted for him the second time) is very much responsible for the state that our country is in now, not to mention the deaths of American soldiers and hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis. Someone claiming to be a Christian does not mean that they will be a good president.

Voting based on who committed adultery, or who doesn't like gay marriage or who lies and claims that they will end abortion is crazy when there are people's lives at stake.

People were so busy trying to control other people's lives and and trying to deny them the free will that God gave all of us that they voted the country into ruin.

And now people are upset about what Bush thinks about the Bible? Seriously?
No matter who voted for whom, would not have stopped the war from occurring. The middle eastern terriorists had their plans laid out long before Bush took office. Unfortunately, Clinton was too busy 'screwing' around to take care of it. When the USS Cole (Navy Vessel) was attacked, during Clinton's term, action should have taken place then. Clinton 'missed' it. His adultery caused more danger and ill to this country than people care to admit to. It DOES matter.

I have family in the Military and I scringe each time they are called out to sea and for other tours. We never know what to expect. Yet is killing innocent babies right as well, by way of abortion. Is supporting gay marriage, right before God. As a Chrisitian, I have EVERY right to vote my conscious and I don't care who likes it or not.

For who is he that can harm me, when I chose to seek for righteousness? (I Peter 3).

People are just as silly as they can be when it comes politics, especially when they don't get their candidate. My question to those who are upset about Bush's winning and his voters. What did 'they' do to help their Democratic party to win? Obviously not enough.

It' doesn't matter why people voted for Bush; what does matter is why not enough was done by those who complain and whine about it, to get their Dem party in. How much money did 'you' (in general 'you'), contribute to your party's winning? How much campaigning did you do? How many calls did you make. Didn't 'you' (in general 'you') know that Bush was going to mess up? Wasn't it important for 'you' (in general 'you'), enough to do all and more to see to it that he did not get back into office.

Well obviously not, by the outcome. Instead of blaiming his voters, take accountablility for 'your' (in general 'your') lack of support of Dem Candidate.

You can blame Bush all you want, but he was elected because the Dems ddin't have it together, if they had, they would have easily been on top of every angle and move the Republicans made and they would have kicked butt in the elections. They would have won.

It's sad to see all of the whining from the Dems who didn't win. It's an unending 'cry baby' and blame game. Grow up! Face up to the fact that had 'your' (Democratic) candidate had their act together and if the Dem supporters were on top of the cannon, they would have succeeded. Instead they bombed. Stop playing the Victim. Don't get mad at the voters for Bush, get mad because the Dems had a wimp for a candidate and no back bone (or non suffcient) support from their supporters/ voters.

If the war really bothers you (in general 'you'), get out there and support our Military and their families. My daughter and I sure do. In Florida, we don't mess around. We're out there, hand and foot, giving of ourselves and our time and money.

Each time I see people whine about Bush, it's on them. They didn't do enough to stop it from occurring. Anyone can stop a thief, if they put their mind to it. :yep: :yep: :yep:

In love.........

Shimmie :giveheart:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
People were so busy trying to control other people's lives and and trying to deny them the free will that God gave all of us that they voted the country into ruin.

:yep:

And here's the scary part.

They'll do it again.

I belong to plenty of political boards and Bush voters still refuse to accept that they and their faith or delusions of grandeur (think Joe the Plumber) got pimped for votes. So instead of re-evaluating what's really hood about this man and his party exploiting them, the events of the last 8 years gets blown off as 'it was inevitable'.

And because the words "I WAS WRONG" are just too bitter a pill to swallow, someone else will come along and be able to do the same thing all over again. And folks won't learn then either.

chellero

Wife Supremacist
No matter who voted for whom, would not have stopped the war from occurring. The middle eastern terriorists had their plans laid out long before Bush took office. Unfortunately, Clinton was too busy 'screwing' around to take care of it. When the USS Cole (Navy Vessel) was attacked, during Clinton's term, action should have taken place then. Clinton 'missed' it. His adultery caused more danger and ill to this country than people care to admit to. It DOES matter.

I have family in the Military and I scringe each time they are called out to sea and for other tours. We never know what to expect. Yet is killing innocent babies right as well, by way of abortion. Is supporting gay marriage, right before God. As a Chrisitian, I have EVERY right to vote my conscious and I don't care who likes it or not.

For who is he that can harm me, when I chose to seek for righteousness? (I Peter 3).

People are just as silly as they can be when it comes politics, especially when they don't get their candidate. My question to those who are upset about Bush's winning and his voters. What did 'they' do to help their Democratic party to win? Obviously not enough.

It' doesn't matter why people voted for Bush; what does matter is why not enough was done by those who complain and whine about it, to get their Dem party in. How much money did 'you' (in general 'you'), contribute to your party's winning? How much campaigning did you do? How many calls did you make. Didn't 'you' (in general 'you') know that Bush was going to mess up? Wasn't it important for 'you' (in general 'you'), enough to do all and more to see to it that he did not get back into office.

Well obviously not, by the outcome. Instead of blaiming his voters, take accountablility for 'your' (in general 'your') lack of support of Dem Candidate.

You can blame Bush all you want, but he was elected because the Dems ddin't have it together, if they had, they would have easily been on top of every angle and move the Republicans made and they would have kicked butt in the elections. They would have won.

It's sad to see all of the whining from the Dems who didn't win. It's an unending 'cry baby' and blame game. Grow up! Face up to the fact that had 'your' (Democratic) candidate had their act together and if the Dem supporters were on top of the cannon, they would have succeeded. Instead they bombed. Stop playing the Victim. Don't get mad at the voters for Bush, get mad because the Dems had a wimp for a candidate and no back bone (or non suffcient) support from their supporters/ voters.

If the war really bothers you (in general 'you'), get out there and support our Military and their families. My daughter and I sure do. In Florida, we don't mess around. We're out there, hand and foot, giving of ourselves and our time and money.

Each time I see people whine about Bush, it's on them. They didn't do enough to stop it from occurring. Anyone can stop a thief, if they put their mind to it. :yep: :yep: :yep:

In love.........

Shimmie :giveheart:
The problem with "voting your conscience" is that you are letting people pimp your religion and are too blind to realize it. Republicans have been beating the gay marriage, abortion, drum for decades. Gay people are still being gay and pregnant women are still having abortions. These things won't be done away with because then what would they have to trick people into voting for them. They have lied and deceived and manipulated your faith for evil purposes. If you want to call someone pointing that out "whinning" then have at it. But that doesn't change the fact that you and many others were fooled and that people died because it. People are still dying and the country is in ruin. You can call it the blame game, but the blame is on Bush's shoulders as well as the shoulders of those who supported him. Calling people names doesn't change the fact that Bush supporters let themselves and their faith be used for evil and wrongdoing. TWICE!

Last edited:

chellero

Wife Supremacist
:yep:

And here's the scary part.

They'll do it again.

I belong to plenty of political boards and Bush voters still refuse to accept that they and their faith or delusions of grandeur (think Joe the Plumber) got pimped for votes. So instead of re-evaluating what's really hood about this man and his party exploiting them, the events of the last 8 years gets blown off as 'it was inevitable'.

And because the words "I WAS WRONG" are just too bitter a pill to swallow, someone else will come along and be able to do the same thing all over again. And folks won't learn then either.
I know, is it really that hard to say I was wrong. :lachen:Everyone is wrong sometimes, it's just the ones who can't admit their mistakes who are dangerous. I don't know why some Christians are so easily manipulated that they fall for anyone who adds a "thank you, Jesus" to the end of their sentence. But then asking a question about the Bible is a sign of evil spirits around here, so maybe questioning a political leader is too. :look:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
The problem with "voting your conscience" is that you are letting people pimp your religion and are too blind to realize it. Republicans have been beating the gay marriage, abortion, drum for decades. Gay people are still being gay and pregnant women are still having abortions. These things won't be done away with because then what would they have to trick people into voting for them. They have lied and deceived and manipulated your faith for evil purposes. If you want to call someone pointing that out "whinning" then have at it. But that doesn't change the fact that you and many others were fooled and that people died because it. People are still dying and the country is in ruin. You can call it the blame game, but the blame is on Bush's shoulders as well as the shoulders of those who supported him. Calling people names doesn't change the fact that Bush supporters let themselves and their faith be used for evil and wrongdoing. TWICE!

Bolded for emphasis

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Shimmie

Staff member

Oh please, you say I was punked, you were punked then whipped TWICE.

AND YOU LET IT HAPPEN..... TWICE. :shocked: You knew what the man was the first time and you didn't do a thing to stop him from winning TWICE.... :thud:

Voting for Bush TWICE never stopped my growth in Jesus Christ, nor the annointing that He has placed upon me. If anything I've grown all the more , I'm living the fruit of it, as are far more Christians than you give credit to. Why? Because I did what was lead to do and it was my right to do so and not yours nor anyone else's to stop me.

I'm not sorry for voting that way I felt lead to vote. I'm not the one whining, 'you' are. And blaming 'one' man for the condition of this country is not only blind but you're in full denial.

This country's SIN has placed it where it is today. NOT ONE Man. Get real. God makes it quite plain that if we will humble ourselves, and turn away from our wicked ways, that God will hear from Heaven and Heal our Land.

Homosexuality, Abortion, Late Term abortions (partial birth which Bush DID veto), taking prayer out of schools, celebrating gays instead, taking God out of the court and justice system, and the corruption of people serving other gods, have lead this country right where it is. Get Real!

As a Christian you should be well aware of what kills a 'land', and it is NOT ONE Man. It's the evil of all men and what they have set their minds to do in rebellion of God's word. Bush is not the only who has not yielded to God. You are among them when you support those who support homosexuality.

I'd love to see you in Heaven blaming Bush for your failures. :rolleyes: Now that's punked. Get real :nono:

Blaming those who voted for him, only shows your inability to take responsibility to get your choice of candidate in there. YOU failed this country. TWICE.

YOU did not do all that was necessary to keep Bush out of the White House. All folks can do is whine, and cry about what he did. Well, what Did YOU do? Nothing! Nothing TWICE! TWICE you chose to walk around 'asleep' ignoring the signs and not doing anything TWICE to keep him out of the White House.

95% of the folks complaining about Bush didn't support, campaign, or Vote, period! Yet they are whining.......TWICE. :nono:

This country's economy is not on him either. Who told folks to over extend their credit? Who put a gun to their heads to apply for home loans that they could not afford? Who made folks spend their income and not save and instead, kept rolling in the debt just to have their hair and nails did; have cars they can't afford; eating in clubs and resturants that do not re-circulate the profits back into their community? There were always more sensible and self profiting solutions/options.

Who supported all of these corporations with their income to make them as big as they are? Keep pointing the blame at others, ane you will never be free. :nono:

Before you point the blame, who did you seek out to and support to take over your cause? No one! And don't say you sought out President Obama, because 90% of everyone didn't believe in him when he started and still doubted him up to the very day he was elected.

As for Bush, I can't believe 'TWICE' 'you' let it happen. TWICE :lol: After the first time, one would think that you' would have worked harder to get someone more capable to kick his butt in the elections. Then you would not be whining, about who voted for him. :lol:

Just big babies, who can only whine and nothing else. Blaming voters who didn't vote like you. Please. My babies know better. If something didn't work the way they wanted it to, whining and pointing and blaming someone else isn't going to fix it. Face up to your own Failures in supporting your party. TWICE. You let it happen TWICE.... :lol:

Keep using the war, the economy, as your whine base. It's not going to hold you much longer. You contributed to the state of this country as much as anyone else.

People are a trip. TWICE, no backbone, no viable candidate, no answers, just whining. :nono:

And yes I'm laughing, because if someone whipped me once, you better believe I'm coming out with all I've got to keep it from happening again. Only whiners get whipped TWICE! And then still whine about it. :woot:

Give it up.... stop whining :giveup: Come up with something better to do. :lol:

Disclaimer: I'm speaking "you" in General .... :yep: TWICE!

Belle Du Jour

Republican does not = Christian, saved, sanctified, etc.
Democrat does not = unsaved, Heathen, blasphemer, etc.

A lot of people are being taken in by the wrong issues and it's sad. Because they think their choice is so superior. But when it comes down to it, Republicans murder, cheat, and steal too. But because they're anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality, their other sins can be overlooked.

SMH :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member

A lot of people are being taken in by the wrong issues and it's sad. Because they think their choice is so superior. But when it comes down to it, Republicans murder, cheat, and steal too. But because they're anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality, their other sins can be overlooked.

Smack your head a little harder...

Democrat does not equal Christian, Saved, Sanctified, etc.

Republican does not equal unsaved, heathen, blasphemer, etc.

They ALL cheat, steal, lie, murder, corruption is on all sides.

No one is overlooking the other sins. Yet it appears that 'folks' have chosen the Democrats as their god. Now THAT's where the shame is.

Get Real.... who did the Dems have to have done it better? Why didn't the Dems work harder to get there? Too much whining going on. :nono:

Belle Du Jour

No one is overlooking the other sins. Yet it appears that 'folks' have chosen the Democrats as their god. Now THAT's where the shame is.

Get Real.... who did the Dems have to have done it better? Why didn't the Dems work harder to get there? Too much whining going on. :nono:

Shimmie, what are you talking about? Can you identify where the bold part is posted on this thread?

With all due respect, the only person on this thread "whining" and desperate to have the last word seems to be you. People should be able to disagree without being called "whiny." :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, what are you talking about? Can you identify where the bold part is posted on this thread?

With all due respect, the only person on this thread "whining" and desperate to have the last word seems to be you. People should be able to disagree without being called "whiny." :nono:
The bolded, it speaks for its self each time someone whines about Bush and those who voted for him; as if voting democratic is god. The truth being, none of them are.

And you are absolutely right, people should be able to disagree respectfully. The tone of this forum needs to respect those who vote as they choose, instead of whining about it as you and others have done.

Belle Du Jour

The bolded, it speaks for its self each time someone whines about Bush and those who voted for him; as if voting democratic is god. The truth being, none of them are.

And you are absolutely right, people should be able to disagree respectfully. The tone of this forum needs to respect those who vote as they choose, instead of whining about it as you and others have done.

Actually, you should go back and read my posts. I don't think I mentioned Bush and I don't think you can show me where I did either. :yep: And again, respectfully, the only person on this thread "acting out" is you Shimmie. :nono: And with that, I'm out of this thread. So, Shimmie, you can have the last word if you want. But I won't be reading it. :yep:

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Oh please, you say I was punked, you were punked then whipped TWICE.

AND YOU LET IT HAPPEN..... TWICE. :shocked: You knew what the man was the first time and you didn't do a thing to stop him from winning TWICE.... :thud:

Voting for Bush TWICE never stopped my growth in Jesus Christ, nor the annointing that He has placed upon me. If anything I've grown all the more , I'm living the fruit of it, as are far more Christians than you give credit to. Why? Because I did what was lead to do and it was my right to do so and not yours nor anyone else's to stop me.

I'm not sorry for voting that way I felt lead to vote. I'm not the one whining, 'you' are. And blaming 'one' man for the condition of this country is not only blind but you're in full denial.

This country's SIN has placed it where it is today. NOT ONE Man. Get real. God makes it quite plain that if we will humble ourselves, and turn away from our wicked ways, that God will hear from Heaven and Heal our Land.

Homosexuality, Abortion, Late Term abortions (partial birth which Bush DID veto), taking prayer out of schools, celebrating gays instead, taking God out of the court and justice system, and the corruption of people serving other gods, have lead this country right where it is. Get Real!

As a Christian you should be well aware of what kills a 'land', and it is NOT ONE Man. It's the evil of all men and what they have set their minds to do in rebellion of God's word. Bush is not the only who has not yielded to God. You are among them when you support those who support homosexuality.

Poor choices kill a country. Bush supporters made one. TWICE.

I'd love to see you in Heaven blaming Bush for your failures. :rolleyes: Now that's punked. Get real :nono:

I won't be heaven blaming Bush for anything. And no where did I say that. Nice strawman argument though.
Blaming those who voted for him, only shows your inability to take responsibility to get your choice of candidate in there. YOU failed this country. TWICE.

I certainly tried. But there's not much you can do when the majority is so easily fooled.

YOU did not do all that was necessary to keep Bush out of the White House. All folks can do is whine, and cry about what he did. Well, what Did YOU do? Nothing! Nothing TWICE! TWICE you chose to walk around 'asleep' ignoring the signs and not doing anything TWICE to keep him out of the White House.

95% of the folks complaining about Bush didn't support, campaign, or Vote, period! Yet they are whining.......TWICE. :nono:

Well I did.

This country's economy is not on him either. Who told folks to over extend their credit? Who put a gun to their heads to apply for home loans that they could not afford? Who made folks spend their income and not save and instead, kept rolling in the debt just to have their hair and nails did; have cars they can't afford; eating in clubs and resturants that do not re-circulate the profits back into their community? There were always more sensible and self profiting solutions/options.

If you think that overextended credit and home foreclosures are the problem then you are mistaken. There was much more than a few foreclosed homes and credit cards to blame for this problem.

Who supported all of these corporations with their income to make them as big as they are? Keep pointing the blame at others, ane you will never be free. :nono:

Before you point the blame, who did you seek out to and support to take over your cause? No one! And don't say you sought out President Obama, because 90% of everyone didn't believe in him when he started and still doubted him up to the very day he was elected.

As for Bush, I can't believe 'TWICE' 'you' let it happen. TWICE :lol: After the first time, one would think that you' would have worked harder to get someone more capable to kick his butt in the elections. Then you would not be whining, about who voted for him. :lol:

Just big babies, who can only whine and nothing else. Blaming voters who didn't vote like you. Please. My babies know better. If something didn't work the way they wanted it to, whining and pointing and blaming someone else isn't going to fix it. Face up to your own Failures in supporting your party. TWICE. You let it happen TWICE.... :lol:

Keep using the war, the economy, as your whine base. It's not going to hold you much longer. You contributed to the state of this country as much as anyone else.

People are a trip. TWICE, no backbone, no viable candidate, no answers, just whining. :nono:

And yes I'm laughing, because if someone whipped me once, you better believe I'm coming out with all I've got to keep it from happening again. Only whiners get whipped TWICE! And then still whine about it. :woot:

Give it up.... stop whining :giveup: Come up with something better to do. :lol:

Disclaimer: I'm speaking "you" in General .... :yep: TWICE!

You know and good and well that your "you" is not meant generally. Let's not start by lying in the Christian forum. :lachen: Shimmie do you still think that voting for Bush was the right thing to do? Because it seems to me that you made a poor choice in President and then instead of admitting it you are complaining and name calling because people pointed it out. That's not mature or Christ-like. Say it with me now, Shimmie, "I was wrong." Say it loud and proud, because you were wrong about Bush. You weren't alone, but you (not a general you. YOU) were certainly part of the problem. The fact that you can't admit this is quite scary.

Irresistible

I'm just really REALLY surprised at the name calling in this thread!

Shimmie this isnt like you :nono:

Dont defend something to the point of offending others, I know your heart is different than this!

Bush did hurt us........ALOT!

Thats just the truth

Irresistible

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now this is the TRUTH! :yep:

Irresistible

Oh my goodness@ the bolded! Thats a huge statement to make about others and only God can judge if that has taken place in the heart of another

I think we all just wanted a better outcome , because truly there has been suffering since he was voted in office!

any Christian that loves God and knows God will not make any man their God!

I love you Shimmie! I know your heart! its beautiful-despite all this upset and harsh words:yep:

msa

I know, is it really that hard to say I was wrong. :lachen:Everyone is wrong sometimes, it's just the ones who can't admit their mistakes who are dangerous. I don't know why some Christians are so easily manipulated that they fall for anyone who adds a "thank you, Jesus" to the end of their sentence. But then asking a question about the Bible is a sign of evil spirits around here, so maybe questioning a political leader is too. :look:

Because those same Christians are the ones who haven't even read the bible themselves and know nothing about their salvation, let alone how they should conduct themselves in their daily lives. If they did, they wouldn't have been able to vote for Bush (who obviously hasn't picked up a bible in a long time) in good conscience.