Bump on my scalp

Platinum

I noticed that I have a bump on my scalp, in the nape area. I think it's a hair bump. What causes these? Does anyone else get them? Is there any thing I can put on it to make it go away? I don't want to squeeze it because it feels sore :sad:.

I noticed that I have a bump on my scalp, in the nape area. I think it's a hair bump. What causes these? Does anyone else get them? Is there any thing I can put on it to make it go away? I don't want to squeeze it because it feels sore :sad:.

leave it alone, and do whatever you can to not aggravate it, and stop using any new products that might have caused it

sorry MT/OCT included, its not worth it, and if it doesnt get better or drain or go away soon on its own, have it checked

im sorry platinum sweetie :kiss:

if you have never been prone to them before I'm inclined to think something new might have caused it, try to find the culprit

oh and get some Neosporin triple antibiotic ointment, if it does open to protect it from infection and keep other stuff off of it for a lil while

it could be a fluke type thing ,but thats less likely , something clogged and inflamed a hair follicle or pore, have someone look at it and see it its like a pimple or a bump that is forming puss/drainage, on the skin, peroxide applications are good for that, and drawing them to a head, but on the scalp? I would do it , if I had to , just try to keep it from getting on your hair, otherwise hot compresses, how big is it?

Thank you, Iris. I'm not sure what may have caused it. The only new product that I used lately is a relaxer (about 3 weeks ago-not my usual brand) :ohwell:. I was scared that my nape would start breaking off so I didn't leave it on long. I can't think of anything else right now.

ETA...It's not very big, maybe the size of a pimple?

Thank you, Iris. I'm not sure what may have caused it. The only new product that I used lately is a relaxer (about 3 weeks ago-not my usual brand) :ohwell:. I was scared that my nape would start breaking off so I didn't leave it on long. I can't think of anything else right now.

ETA...It's not very big, maybe the size of a pimple?
well its probably nothing to worry about, just let it do its thing and drain and heal, just take care to watch out to not let it get infected , if its not huge and swollen indicating a more massive infection, I would just let it do what it does like any pimple does then

if it's a hair bump from an ingrown hair I heard you can use an astringent like Sea Breeze (i think that's the name) to help open it up and get the inflammation down...I know this is useful for people (mostly men) who get ingrown hairs in the nape area after a hair cut, I dont know if that's what you have, but I guess you could give it a try...

I had one of these before, right after I had stopped getting relaxers and my scalp was still healing. It was almost like a pimple, but it had that "ingrown hair" feeling. I felt like grabbing tweezers in order to release the fury! :wallbash:

I put some shea butter on it every day for a week. It eventually came to a head and came off my scalp. It looked like an oversized piece of dandruff. Gross, but my scalp was happy about it. I haven't had any issues since :yep:

Ahhh - I've gotten those, usually when I accidentally pull my hair too tight - it's like I irritate a follicle or something. I usually just leave it be, and it goes away on it's own, in a little while.

Ahhh - I've gotten those, usually when I accidentally pull my hair too tight - it's like I irritate a follicle or something. I usually just leave it be, and it goes away on it's own, in a little while.

Hmm, it may be an irritated follicle, my nape hair isn't long enough to braid :spinning:. I just "baby it", apply MT and moisturize with s-curl.

Back