Bump on my scalp...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Please give me suggestions on how to get rid of this thing?!?!?! It hurts like hell!!:sad: It's a small bump... under the skin, so it doesn't have a head on it or anything. I had one of my friends look at it and she said that it's just a bump, no bleeding, crust, and it's the same color as my scalp. What would cause this? No, forget what would cause it, does someone have a remedy to get rid of it?? TIA

Arcadian

Could be a hair bump if the skin looks perfectly ok. Try a hot towel on the spot to see what happens.

-A

AsTheCurlzTurns

I second Arcadian's suggestion. Using a hot towel on that spot, can significantly reduce the swelling of it, especially if it's not a pimple.

taylokc

O my gosh HAiRapy, I have one too. And it huuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrtttttttttsssss! I dont know what to do. HHHHEEEELLLPP!!:blush:

AsTheCurlzTurns

Okay 2 people in the same day? Ummm were you ladies ever scratching in those areas or are you perhaps having a reaction to anything you just recently added to your regime? Just a thought? This has got me literally scratching my head right now.

Nola Darling

Sometimes I get those when my scalp is irritated. I just wash it and make sure that I condition my hair so that my hair and scalp is moist. It usually goes away in a couple of days. HTH

~Signature~

I get those sometimes also and I get soreness and tender, I am going to buy some neosporin anti fungal and just rub a small bit on the trouble spot, My mama uses it for everything, she even cut her hand almost to the bone, she said forget the emergency room give me a towel and some neosporin LOL!!!! I will let you know if it works, but yeah like someone said getting it moist helps out alot to.

Forever in Bloom

I had two in my head - they stayed in there for about 3 weeks until they both finally came to a head yesterday. Let's just say what came out led me to believe it could have been a pimple :bah: I never picked at it though. I think it was from me putting different products in my hair.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay 2 people in the same day? Ummm were you ladies ever scratching in those areas or are you perhaps having a reaction to anything you just recently added to your regime? Just a thought? This has got me literally scratching my head right now.
Sorry it took me so long to respond... I did use something new. I washed my hair, blowdried, applied BT (for the first time) and then put CurlFormers in my hair and went to sleep. I also noticed that my scalp is tender too... I'm wondering if that's a normal reaction to BT... maybe like my scalp has to get used to it? I dunno. I'm going to start a thread asking if this is a normal occurance when you use BT. The rollers were very comfortable to sleep in, so I don't think it was that. Maybe I just have a sensitive scalp...:ohwell: