BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

I did absolutely nothing to my hair after relaxing it. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I slept with my hair in a turbie twist or whatever that towel thing is called. I woke up, took it off, and put my hair in a high bun where it will stay for the week being taken down occasionally to remove shed hair.

The product photos are of what I used during the relaxer and after, with the products arranged in order of use from left to right.

Attachments

• 2015-02-01 19.00.52.jpg
    2015-02-01 19.00.52.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 2015-02-01 19.02.12.jpg
    2015-02-01 19.02.12.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 2015-02-01 16.36.26.jpg
    2015-02-01 16.36.26.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 2015-02-01 16.37.20.jpg
    2015-02-01 16.37.20.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 99
I guess I texlax. My hair is fine, so I don't leave the relaxer on very long after I apply it. I might smooth for 3-5 min after application, which takes me 6-8 minutes. And the relaxer I use (linange) leaves a lot of texture.

So glad to be able to subscribe again after being unable to do so for almost a year!!!!
I'm definitely going this...i need motivation to get my hair to MBL

Hair type- 4b texlaxed
Length- Grazing BSL
Regimen - Cowash once a week or twice depending on my mood and how much i sweat since i exercise every other day
Clarify - Monthly
Condition with moisture and protein consecutively
My hair has not been growing at its usual rate and i don't think i have been retaining my length so 2015, i am very much focused on protective styling in the form of weaves mostly.
Game plan is to wash my hair regularly as i noticed the periods i didn't wash my hair, my hair did not grow. I am also taking vitamins in the form of Biotin 10000mg, vit c 2000mg, Vitamin B Complex and 60mg of zinc.Been on biotin for only 2 weeks so i can't really say if there is any growth

Attachments

• IMG_20141208_124900.jpg
    IMG_20141208_124900.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 76
Last night I applied Annabelle's Perfect Blends: White Chocolate Mousse Deep Conditioner (AMAZING) and let it sit overnight. This morning I washed it out, shampooed with Shea Moisture, and then applied Organixx Coconut Conditioner just in case my hair was dry after shampooing, but wasn't. Before getting out I put Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner for a leave-in and rinsed lightly with cold water.

Hair was easy to comb out. I applied ABP: Ayurvedic Hair Oil, braided up my hair, and slathered Hemp Grease to my mid-shafts and ends. I'm about to go to work so my hair will be up in a half wig protective style.

I just put some Hello hydration and coconut on my edges and tied them down with a scarf. Hopefully it works like an edge control. I'm tired of fuzzy edges

I am not a big fan of Suave Keratin infusion dry shampoo. The smell is overwhelming, it made my hair frizz and it took forever to comb it out. I will stick to the Walgreens brand from now on.

Towards the end of last year I predicted that I would reach BSB by this month/next month. I think now I want to wait until June to do a length check just to make sure I get there.

Just got home from a long days work. I'm going to take down my protective style underneath this half wig and massage my scalp with APBs Hurry Up and Grow Oil.

It has been raining nonstop... I have to keep my hair wrapped up and carry an umbrella to avoid frizz. My hair has to last at least 2 more weeks.

At times I miss being relaxed, because the rain never ruined my hair. I could cowash and airdry for textured/fluffy hair or flatiron for a sleeker look. I just don't miss chemical burns and my old stylist tearing through my new growth. I never mastered self relaxing.

I'm gonna try y'all's suggestions because I've been losing rest... Waking up in the middle of the night to put it back on lol. I feel like I've never cared before but I'm so ready to get past apl and with fine hair I know protecting my ends is essential.

I just massaged my scalp with mn and jbco. My plan is to use my growth aid twice a week. Faster hair growth would be nice, but I really just want to fill in the thin spot on the right part of my crown.

I have been eating clean since Monday. I am doing it for weight loss and overall health, but I know that hair growth will be a side effect :yay:

I kept my scarf on most of the day, because it was really cold. Now I'm home and I'm wearing it pinned up. I plan to moisturize in sections tonight with Chi Keratin Mist and silk touch cream. I'm having a little breakage on the sides and that has to stop :(

Skipping wash day this week because my straight hair still looks good. I'm going to try a braid out this weekend and if it looks good then that'll be my valentines day hairstyle.

I might buy a wig and rock that for V day. My blowout is heavy and lifeless because of moisturizing and sealing.

I've had to stop the Biotin as it has broken my skin out badly....i have about 9 quite large pimples on my face:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:. I choose to laugh though cos i have always known that biotin breaks my skin out but trust me to have thought this time might be different. I don't know what else to do so i got Megatek which i had a bottle of, mixed it with some castor oil, glycerin, olive oil and moringa oil and been massaging to my scalp every other night.
I also started taking prenatal pills since those do not break me out. I've upped my zinc to 90mg because of the acne and taking 2000mg of vit c....stopped b complex as well..
Placed an order for Mineral Rich as i don't think i have read any issues of break outs with it. I live in Nigeria though so it might take about a week-10 days to get to me.
in meantime, i am taking care of my hair by washing in my weave weekly, deep conditioning exercising by running and moisturising my hair.

Last edited:
I washed my hair this morning and noticed my hair is growing longer, however, I feel like I don't know what I'm really doing. Sure, I'm doing the LOC method, but I'm not even sure if I'm doing that right. I have natural virgin hair and all these new hair methods are confusing. Anyone else feel that way as well?

Leo24Rule I find a lot of methods confusing too. Mhm, cherry lola, coconut lime, caramel etc. Prepooing is the only extra thing I do. I just don't have the time.

Biotin broke me out the first few weeks, but then my body got used to it.

Yep...to protein or not protein? I've never done a protein treatment. I do the GHE before I knew what it was without trying. Just didn't want my hair to come undone while sleeping. All this, listen to your hair. First I gotta find what products work, because as of right now I'm just jumping on bandwagons.

If you are doing ghe you need some protein to keep your hair from getting overmoisturized. I learned the hard way last year :(

I've been thinking... most of the tangling occurs at the shampoo bowl when I go to the salon. I'm thinking about doing the shampoo at home and then letting them just rinse out my dc. This way my hair will be thoroughly detangled. I can't afford any setbacks this year if I'm going to get to Mbl.

Have any of you washed your hair before a salon visit?

Prettymetty I only go to the salon for cornrows or trims, so my hair is mostly done by the time they touch it lol.

I think that's a great idea to just let them rinse your already detangled and DC'd hair to get started. More work for you, but healthier in the long run.

Back