BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

quirkydimples

I did absolutely nothing to my hair after relaxing it. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I slept with my hair in a turbie twist or whatever that towel thing is called. I woke up, took it off, and put my hair in a high bun where it will stay for the week being taken down occasionally to remove shed hair.

The product photos are of what I used during the relaxer and after, with the products arranged in order of use from left to right.

Attachments

• 2015-02-01 19.00.52.jpg
    2015-02-01 19.00.52.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 2015-02-01 19.02.12.jpg
    2015-02-01 19.02.12.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 2015-02-01 16.36.26.jpg
    2015-02-01 16.36.26.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 2015-02-01 16.37.20.jpg
    2015-02-01 16.37.20.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 99

quirkydimples

I guess I texlax. My hair is fine, so I don't leave the relaxer on very long after I apply it. I might smooth for 3-5 min after application, which takes me 6-8 minutes. And the relaxer I use (linange) leaves a lot of texture.

fifigirl

So glad to be able to subscribe again after being unable to do so for almost a year!!!!
I'm definitely going this...i need motivation to get my hair to MBL

Hair type- 4b texlaxed
Length- Grazing BSL
Regimen - Cowash once a week or twice depending on my mood and how much i sweat since i exercise every other day
Clarify - Monthly
Condition with moisture and protein consecutively
My hair has not been growing at its usual rate and i don't think i have been retaining my length so 2015, i am very much focused on protective styling in the form of weaves mostly.
Game plan is to wash my hair regularly as i noticed the periods i didn't wash my hair, my hair did not grow. I am also taking vitamins in the form of Biotin 10000mg, vit c 2000mg, Vitamin B Complex and 60mg of zinc.Been on biotin for only 2 weeks so i can't really say if there is any growth

Attachments

• IMG_20141208_124900.jpg
    IMG_20141208_124900.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 76

Leo24Rule

Last night I applied Annabelle's Perfect Blends: White Chocolate Mousse Deep Conditioner (AMAZING) and let it sit overnight. This morning I washed it out, shampooed with Shea Moisture, and then applied Organixx Coconut Conditioner just in case my hair was dry after shampooing, but wasn't. Before getting out I put Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner for a leave-in and rinsed lightly with cold water.

Hair was easy to comb out. I applied ABP: Ayurvedic Hair Oil, braided up my hair, and slathered Hemp Grease to my mid-shafts and ends. I'm about to go to work so my hair will be up in a half wig protective style.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just put some Hello hydration and coconut on my edges and tied them down with a scarf. Hopefully it works like an edge control. I'm tired of fuzzy edges

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am not a big fan of Suave Keratin infusion dry shampoo. The smell is overwhelming, it made my hair frizz and it took forever to comb it out. I will stick to the Walgreens brand from now on.

snoop

Towards the end of last year I predicted that I would reach BSB by this month/next month. I think now I want to wait until June to do a length check just to make sure I get there.

Leo24Rule

Just got home from a long days work. I'm going to take down my protective style underneath this half wig and massage my scalp with APBs Hurry Up and Grow Oil.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It has been raining nonstop... I have to keep my hair wrapped up and carry an umbrella to avoid frizz. My hair has to last at least 2 more weeks.

At times I miss being relaxed, because the rain never ruined my hair. I could cowash and airdry for textured/fluffy hair or flatiron for a sleeker look. I just don't miss chemical burns and my old stylist tearing through my new growth. I never mastered self relaxing.

divaorleans

I'm gonna try y'all's suggestions because I've been losing rest... Waking up in the middle of the night to put it back on lol. I feel like I've never cared before but I'm so ready to get past apl and with fine hair I know protecting my ends is essential.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp with mn and jbco. My plan is to use my growth aid twice a week. Faster hair growth would be nice, but I really just want to fill in the thin spot on the right part of my crown.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have been eating clean since Monday. I am doing it for weight loss and overall health, but I know that hair growth will be a side effect :yay:

I kept my scarf on most of the day, because it was really cold. Now I'm home and I'm wearing it pinned up. I plan to moisturize in sections tonight with Chi Keratin Mist and silk touch cream. I'm having a little breakage on the sides and that has to stop :(

PlainJane

Skipping wash day this week because my straight hair still looks good. I'm going to try a braid out this weekend and if it looks good then that'll be my valentines day hairstyle.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I might buy a wig and rock that for V day. My blowout is heavy and lifeless because of moisturizing and sealing.

fifigirl

I've had to stop the Biotin as it has broken my skin out badly....i have about 9 quite large pimples on my face:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:. I choose to laugh though cos i have always known that biotin breaks my skin out but trust me to have thought this time might be different. I don't know what else to do so i got Megatek which i had a bottle of, mixed it with some castor oil, glycerin, olive oil and moringa oil and been massaging to my scalp every other night.
I also started taking prenatal pills since those do not break me out. I've upped my zinc to 90mg because of the acne and taking 2000mg of vit c....stopped b complex as well..
Placed an order for Mineral Rich as i don't think i have read any issues of break outs with it. I live in Nigeria though so it might take about a week-10 days to get to me.
in meantime, i am taking care of my hair by washing in my weave weekly, deep conditioning exercising by running and moisturising my hair.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

I washed my hair this morning and noticed my hair is growing longer, however, I feel like I don't know what I'm really doing. Sure, I'm doing the LOC method, but I'm not even sure if I'm doing that right. I have natural virgin hair and all these new hair methods are confusing. Anyone else feel that way as well?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Leo24Rule I find a lot of methods confusing too. Mhm, cherry lola, coconut lime, caramel etc. Prepooing is the only extra thing I do. I just don't have the time.

Biotin broke me out the first few weeks, but then my body got used to it.

Leo24Rule

Yep...to protein or not protein? I've never done a protein treatment. I do the GHE before I knew what it was without trying. Just didn't want my hair to come undone while sleeping. All this, listen to your hair. First I gotta find what products work, because as of right now I'm just jumping on bandwagons.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
If you are doing ghe you need some protein to keep your hair from getting overmoisturized. I learned the hard way last year :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been thinking... most of the tangling occurs at the shampoo bowl when I go to the salon. I'm thinking about doing the shampoo at home and then letting them just rinse out my dc. This way my hair will be thoroughly detangled. I can't afford any setbacks this year if I'm going to get to Mbl.

Have any of you washed your hair before a salon visit?

FollicleFanatic

Prettymetty I only go to the salon for cornrows or trims, so my hair is mostly done by the time they touch it lol.

I think that's a great idea to just let them rinse your already detangled and DC'd hair to get started. More work for you, but healthier in the long run.