BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My dad is from Opelousas. I pretty much grew up there. Dh and I are thinking about visiting Louisiana for our anniversary in March. We wanna play some slots :evilbanana:

Leo24Rule

Been bagging my whole head while sleeping. That would be the GHE right? Anyway, before work going to oil my scalp, hair shaft, and grease ends before putting it up in a high bun.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^Yes that sounds like ghe. I used go do an overnight baggy as part of my wig regimen. It was too much moisture for my fine strands

Last edited:

iLurk

Learned something new about my hair. Before when i used sulfur products i thought my natural hair texture was a 4 something because of how kinkymy new growth would be. But since i stopped my ng is almost the same texture as my relaxed ends, theres a little wavyness here and there but its hard for me to tell the difference between the ng and the rest of my hair now.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Learned something new about my hair. Before when i used sulfur products i thought my natural hair texture was a 4 something because of how kinkymy new growth would be. But since i stopped my ng is almost the same texture as my relaxed ends, theres a little wavyness here and there but its hard for me to tell the difference between the ng and the rest of my hair now.

That's wonderful. Stretching should be a lot easier now :grin:

strandedhhj

I had no idea sulfur changed texture! Good to know.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
When taken internally in the form of msm, sulfur makes hair texture looser. I have msm in my HSN vitamins, but I haven't noticed a change.

quirkydimples

Been stressed lately and it seems like I'm shedding more than usual. I just ordered the Alter Ego garlic combo to head it off at the pass.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
quirkydimples I bought the Alter ego conditioner a couple months ago. It works well for me as a prepoo. I haven't tried it as a dc or rinse out yet. Let us know how you like it :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just put my hair in 4 big pincurls so that I can have some body. My hair was flat from cross wrapping...

Tomorrow is dh's bday. I'm not sure if I should do flexirod curls tomorrow or an updo. I'm undecided on my outfit as well. I can't decide between skinny jeans and backless blouse or a peplum top with a pencil skirt...

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I just put my hair in 4 big pincurls so that I can have some body. My hair was flat from cross wrapping... Tomorrow is dh's bday. I'm not sure if I should do flexirod curls tomorrow or an updo. I'm undecided on my outfit as well. I can't decide between skinny jeans and backless blouse or a peplum top with a pencil skirt...

How about peplum top and skinny jeans?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am so tired from staying up watching one of our favorite shows on Netflix. The plan was to watch 1 episode...we ended up watching 3.

Last night I slept in a different silk scarf. I like it, but in the middle of the night it got really loose and I had to re tie it. I will just stick to my normal scarf from now on.

PlainJane

So I've been using heat pretty frequently but it's been with my curling wand. I just used my babyliss pro for the first time in 6 months on a small section of my hair and mannnnn now I'm itching for straight hair. I usually use it on 30 but it got straight on 15 for some reason. Im sure I'll end up being a straight haired natural.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I fid flexirod curls today, but the humidity made most of them fall. I pinned it to one side and it looks really sleek.

PlainJane as long as you use heat responsibly your hair will be fine. Mine is better than ever.

Last edited:

PlainJane

My hair loves AOGBP but it's not giving me enough moisture. I know it's bad but I don't really moisturize during the week. I'm going to DC overnight with AOHSR and do my usual wash day routine in the morning and see if it makes a difference. *fingers crossed*

pinkchocolatedaisy

Prettymetty what do you moisturize with without making your hair revert?

PlainJane I know you didn't ask me but I am a straight natural as well so I'd like to share what I do if you don't mind. I usually don't have to moisturize because since I've been deep conditioning (with heat) my hair stays moisturized until I wash again (which could be anywhere between 10 & 14 days.

My hair stays straight and it just gets fuller as it gets closer to wash day. In the beginning I would use the one n' only argan oil to help with dryness/frizziness but I don't really have that issue anymore. Hth.

Last edited:

missyrayne19

I'm bored with my hair. I've been in PS mode for pretty much my entire journey and I'm just now starting to get that itch to experiment. I kinda want to cut my hair into a long bob :look: but am sure I'd cry after the "newness" wore off haha

quirkydimples

I relaxed my hair tonight. I feel like I want to do something to my hair. I need a change. I want to color it, but I'm relaxed with fine hair, so that's not happening. Maybe some low layers? I don't know.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm bored with my hair. I've been in PS mode for pretty much my entire journey and I'm just now starting to get that itch to experiment. I kinda want to cut my hair into a long bob :look: but am sure I'd cry after the "newness" wore off haha

Just have fun with your hair. You can do a faux bob to get it out of your system.

Truth be told I rocked a bob all through high school and it was the easiest most versatile style for me. I could fall asleep without a scarf and my hair was short enough to stay styled. Now that I am growing my hair out I will avoid major cuts no matter how tempting :blush:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I relaxed my hair tonight. I feel like I want to do something to my hair. I need a change. I want to color it, but I'm relaxed with fine hair, so that's not happening. Maybe some low layers? I don't know.

Girl you know we wanna see pics!! Have you thought about doing a rinse? What is your natural hair color?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My roots feel greasy so I am going to dry shampoo my hair tonight. It'll be my first time using Suave keratin infusion dry poo. I hope it works as well as my last dry shampoo.